Windows 10: windows 10 forcing a restart and changing my privacy settings.

Discus and support windows 10 forcing a restart and changing my privacy settings. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 09/29/18 windows 10 If I leave my computer idle for more then 10 minutes it will freeze and become unresponsive,mouse,keyboard and buttons do nothing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DrewDunn, Sep 30, 2018.

1. DrewDunn Win User

windows 10 forcing a restart and changing my privacy settings.

09/29/18 windows 10 If I leave my computer idle for more then 10 minutes it will freeze and become unresponsive,mouse,keyboard and buttons do nothing. I have to manually shut it down and restart. Upon restart my privacy and background app setting are changed and my system runs at 100% while my wifi runs at full up-speed as my data is collected and sent to MS. How do I stop this.

:)

DrewDunn, Sep 30, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Sep 30, 2018
  4. syrup Win User

Microsoft Hit by First Successful Windows 10 Forced Upgrade Lawsuit

"Umm, that was fixed when they pulled the November update" is what I would've suggested.

Except that when I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 just one month ago, and the November update later applied itself, many of the privacy settings I'd carefully gone through and changed when first setting it up were quietly changed back to the defaults. The Ars article I linked mentioned four; in my case it was closer to ten settings that got switched. It also reinstalled numerous apps I'd uninstalled.

Been using Windows since 3.1 and never felt this uneasy about the level of control Microsoft wields over my system; there's a real sense now they can change the deal at any time, and get away with it.

syrup, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 forcing a restart and changing my privacy settings. - Similar Threads - forcing restart changing

2. When trying to change my Privacy Settings on Windows 10 I can’t

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When trying to change my Privacy Settings on Windows 10 I can’t: When I try to change my Privacy Settings on Windows 10 I can’t because “*Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization”. I am using my personal Microsoft Account and there is no organization controlling it....
  3. Problems with my Privacy Settings. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with my Privacy Settings. Windows 10: Since I ran Reset aka System Restore, it feel like I'm having a new problem every day.Today when I powered up my laptop this warning message appeared over my Outlook icon on my bottom horizontal bar:I clicked on it and it said I needed to check my Privacy settings:I went to...
  4. Forced Restart to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced Restart to Windows 10: I just had updates and had to get a Microsoft Guy to fix my computer. Now 1 week later it is telling me Windows 10 is nearing the End of service and must upgrade to newer version. [ATTACH]...
  5. Windows 10 privacy settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 privacy settings: I have 5 Windows 10 Home laptops for my homeschooled kids. I have activity reporting enabled so I can keep and eye on what they're doing. Is there a way I can keep them from accessing the privacy settings to turn activity reporting off? My oldest is smart enough to figure...
  6. I can't Change my privacy setting!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't Change my privacy setting!: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 System Manufacturer Dell Inc. System Model XPS 13 9360 System Type x64-based PC I can switch camera and mic setting from "Off" to "On" but it doesn't stick. Have I been pwned? Demoted out of Admin status?...
  7. Changing privacy settings on Windows 10

Changing privacy settings on Windows 10: Hi, I'm about to throw this new system out the window because of Windows 10. All I want to do is change my privacy settings. I can't unless I log into my Windows Account. Everytime I try to, it wants me to verify who I am by sending me an email and me entering the code...
  8. Change privacy settings in Windows to play Minecraft

Change privacy settings in Windows to play Minecraft: When I click on play in Minecraft, it says to change the Microsoft account settings to allow multiplayer. What settings exactly must I change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-privacy-settings-in-windows-to-play/0afbb1b1-7ee8-401f-a9e0-3e24090091a7
  9. Privacy settings - Unable to change

Privacy settings - Unable to change: I have windows10 home edition. I cannot change privacy settings of general, microphone, location, camera and diagnostics feedback. It says it is managed by your organisation. It is my personal honme PC, laptops . All have the same issue. I have Avira antivirus. Can that be...
  10. I cannot change my microphone privacy settings.

I cannot change my microphone privacy settings.: I have windows pro. I have upgraded from my the "home" edition to "pro" edition for $100 and even using the gpuedit work around cannot unlock microphone....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows restart privacy settings