Windows 10: Windows 10 Forcing Updates for Mouse

Discus and support Windows 10 Forcing Updates for Mouse in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; In one of my classes, a friend plugged in his USB mouse and Windows partially installed a driver for it before it was taken out of the port. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ebaum84, Sep 23, 2015.

1. ebaum84 Win User

Windows 10 Forcing Updates for Mouse

In one of my classes, a friend plugged in his USB mouse and Windows partially installed a driver for it before it was taken out of the port. Now Windows 10 is trying to force me to download the drivers for a mouse that I do not own or have access to. It keeps failing to install the updates, as it tires to launch a separate installer. This installer never gets launched, Windows update freezes, and it's just annoying since I can't hide the updates. Any advice?

Windows 10 Forcing Updates for Mouse [​IMG]

:)

ebaum84, Sep 23, 2015

2. Keyboard and mouse

After last Windows 10 update, my mouse and keyboard intermittently quit working. Must force computer shut down to reactivate. Using USB wired devices. Tried updating drivers and uninstalling both mouse and keyboard, but problem persists.

VickiLogan1972, Sep 23, 2015
  3. slimpt Win User
    Force booster precision (windows mouse & keyboard center)

Hello,

There's any option to force booster precision from windows mouse & keyboard center? I don't know if I can post suggestions for the new updates here , really want to force without clicking mouse3 (using mouse3 a lot for browser and other things, clicking
    to enable and disable by mistake is kinda annoying).

Or add options to change dpi (is that possible?), by the way the mouse I'm using is microsoft optical mouse v2.

Waiting for a answer!

Moved from: [ Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings ]

slimpt, Sep 23, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Forcing Updates for Mouse

1) Go to your update settings, click the small blue text that says advanced settings, deselect the option to install other MS product updates.

2) You can also go to your device installation settings and select No, and Never install driver software.

The reason I listed two is because I'm not sure exactly which option is responsible for your problems. It may just be the second. I have the 1st enabled and the second disabled on my own computer.

DustSailor, Sep 23, 2015
  5. Also go into views updates find the one you want and uninstall it

hTconeM9user, Sep 23, 2015
  6. ebaum84 Win User
    My update settings were already like this:

And my already installed updates had no mouse software installed:

ebaum84, Sep 23, 2015
  7. The program may be in Programs and Features (Control Panel), and you can uninstall it there. The device installation settings (which is probably where it installed from) can be found via the search feature. I say that because you didn't mention if you disabled it or not.

DustSailor, Sep 23, 2015
  8. Joergi Win User

According to what you write, the software, which has been installed might well be the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. I would uninstall that as a first step.

Joergi, Sep 23, 2015
  9. ebaum84 Win User
    I never installed the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. It also doesn't show up in my Programs and Features.

ebaum84, Sep 24, 2015
  10. nigelmercier, Sep 24, 2015
  11. Joergi Win User
    The steps by Nigel might also help. Note that you might (additionally?) have an issue with WIndows Update: There are some cases, in which WIndows Update continues showing you an update, although you do no longer need it. But Windows Update shows it anyway, because it has already downloaded it.

I have not found the tutorial to reset Windows Update, but it should be in this list: Windows 10 Tutorial Index - Windows 10 Forums

Joergi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Forcing Updates for Mouse - Similar Threads - Forcing Updates Mouse

2. Mouse Issue after forced Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Issue after forced Windows update: Windows updated on our shared domain using Windows PRO and now the mouses on two of our desktops force you to use the same settings. Unfortunately we have a left handed person and a right handed person on both these desktops. After windows forced an update, when the left...
  3. Windows 10 Forced Update is UNSTPABLE ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Forced Update is UNSTPABLE ?: I cant stop windows update. I tried pause, it will resume after 7 days. I tried set data limit, it does not care, it will still update. I tried disable update service, it will re-enable it by its self. I tried PsExec.exe to get system level access to delete windows...
  4. Windows 10 forced updates

Windows 10 forced updates: when will Microsoft stop messing up my computer with these forced updates?in the past two months I had three problems.they knocked out my wifi driver,then my audio driver and recently messed up my security. ***Moved From: Windows 10/Performance & system failures***...
  5. windows 10 forced updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 forced updates: when will Microsoft stop messing up my computer with these forced updates?in the past two months I had three problems.they knocked out my wifi driver,then my audio driver and recently messed up my security....
  6. Windows 10 Forced Updates

Windows 10 Forced Updates: Once again, I'm going to ask you to please stop crippling my computer with your unwanted "feature updates". But really, there is no way of getting through to you, is there? Over and over I've tried to explain that my laptop just doesn't have room for your updates. No, I can't...
  7. Forced Windows 10 Update!?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forced Windows 10 Update!?: After couple of updates I noticed a change in the laptop's performance. Another issue is that the sound quality got worse and a strange buzz sound can be heard sometimes when playing music or watching a video. Another issue I am MAD about! I have been forced to...
  8. Windows 10 keeps forcing updates

Windows 10 keeps forcing updates: Hi! I've been trying to control the updates Microsoft is putting on my PC for windows 10, and despite enormous amounts of effort, everything i've tried has made no difference: "Active Hours" - does nothing. Windows 10 downloads whenever it wants, regardless of my "Active...
  9. windows 10 forced updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 forced updates: I have just received news with regards to updates for windows 10. Microsoft are going to make these updates mandatory, you will be able to refuse them, but should you wish to download further updates you will have to install the updates you have refused. also if you read the...
  10. Windows 10 Forced Updates on RTM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Forced Updates on RTM: Microsoft will force Windows 10 Home users to download and install updates to its operating system without any options to turn them off. A final version of the OS, distributed to testers this week, contains a clause in the end user license agreement (EULA) that reveals...