Windows 10: Windows 10 forgets language switching key combiantion

Discus and support Windows 10 forgets language switching key combiantion in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It's just a reopening of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StShadow, Sep 1, 2019.

1. StShadow Win User

Windows 10 forgets language switching key combiantion

It's just a reopening of https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-forgets-language-switching-key/fc331d98-e942-4143-b596-0ef16586e406

Nothing to add.

It's 1st of September, and it still doesn't work.

I understand that it's hard to believe but in this world there are a couple of people who knows more than two language. And cycling between them using win+space is a terrible user experience.

==== Copy of orignal post ====

There is a VERY ANNOYING problem in Windows 10. It's resetting by itself the language switching keyboard combination.

Seriously, people at Microsoft... It is so hard to save the content of a dialog and keep it FOREVER?

Here is how to reproduce the problem:

1. Go to language preferences

2. Click "Advanced keyboard settings"

3. Click "Language bar options"

4. Select the "Advanced key settings" tab.

5. Click "Change Key Sequence"

6. Set Ctrl+Shift+1 for the 1st language, Ctrl+Shift+2 for the 2nd language, Ctrl+Shift+3 for the 3rd language.

The outcomes, not predictable, chaotic:

- If I click "Apply", the key sequence may reset. Sometimes. Sometimes mean by random, I can't find the cause of the behavior.

- Keep setting over and over again the key sequence. After closing the dialog, the key sequence DOES NOT WORK. I have no ideas why does not work. So I'm logging out and back in, SOMETIMES the keys sequences are working.

- After setting the key sequence 1000 times and logging out and back in 1000 times, the key sequences work, but after some time (between 15 and 30 minutes), the keys sequences STOP WORKING.

I have 3 computers, all of them has the same behavior. I tried to use online/offline accounts in the hope that something gets wrong with the account sync.

Windows 10 here, Feature update version 1803 (2).

Can Microsoft offer a separate software that will run in the background and will set the keyboard language switching key sequence every 1 minute? Because the designed way DOES NOT WORK.

Please people at Microsoft, do a test, people are trying to work with computers, not constantly seek for support, reset settings, reinstall software, etc.

:)

StShadow, Sep 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 forgets language switching key combiantion

Hello Jozsef,

Thank you for providing me a detailed information of your concern. Upon researching the said issue, it seems that Windows 10 has separate language settings for the Lock Screen. Due to this, whenever you're about to use your computer again from sleep, hibernation,
    screensaver/lock screen; it switches back to the default settings. I'd suggest applying the steps below and check if this helps resolve your issue with Language hotkey/key sequence:

1. Apply/configure your desired hotkey/key sequence.

2. Launch Control Panel, then select Clock, Language, and Region.

3. Select Region, go to Administrative tab. Click on
    Copy settings button.

4. Under Welcome screen and new user accounts settings window, make sure to check the boxes for:

• Welcome screen and system account
    • New user accounts
    5. Click OK to save changes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 forgets language switching key combiantion

There is a VERY ANNOYING problem in Windows 10. It's resetting by itself the language switching keyboard combination.

Seriously, people at Microsoft... It is so hard to save the content of a dialog and keep it FOREVER?

Here is how to reproduce the problem:

1. Go to language preferences

2. Click "Advanced keyboard settings"

3. Click "Language bar options"

4. Select the "Advanced key settings" tab.

5. Click "Change Key Sequence"

6. Set Ctrl+Shift+1 for the 1st language, Ctrl+Shift+2 for the 2nd language, Ctrl+Shift+3 for the 3rd language.

The outcomes, not predictable, chaotic:

- If I click "Apply", the key sequence may reset. Sometimes. Sometimes mean by random, I can't find the cause of the behavior.

- Keep setting over and over again the key sequence. After closing the dialog, the key sequence DOES NOT WORK. I have no ideas why does not work. So I'm logging out and back in, SOMETIMES the keys sequences are working.

- After setting the key sequence 1000 times and logging out and back in 1000 times, the key sequences work, but after some time (between 15 and 30 minutes), the keys sequences STOP WORKING.

I have 3 computers, all of them has the same behavior. I tried to use online/offline accounts in the hope that something gets wrong with the account sync.

Windows 10 here, Feature update version 1803 (2).

Can Microsoft offer a separate software that will run in the background and will set the keyboard language switching key sequence every 1 minute? Because the designed way DOES NOT WORK.

Please people at Microsoft, do a test, people are trying to work with computers, not constantly seek for support, reset settings, reinstall software, etc.

Jozsef Szasz-Fabian, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 forgets language switching key combiantion

I have done that countless times. I applied the language settings to welcome screen and other users (which is another bug, entering the welcome screen why does clear the settings??).

Again, it's a bug. Not tested well enough, made in hurry, etc.

For now, the computer isn't going in sleep or welcome state. I'm just working. The settings are lost WITHOUT REASON.

See the screenshot what I get after opening the same dialog after 30 minutes:

Windows 10 forgets language switching key combiantion c75b99ea-a5f6-4d44-9dec-7df29bc23306?upload=true.png

Now, Ctrl + Shift + 1 changes to English - ok.

But Ctrl + Shift + 2 DOES NOT WORK. Although in the dialog it seems to be set.

Ctrl + Shift + 3 Changes the lang. to RO - ??? This setting seems to be cleared, but still works. What's happening here?

So changing to HU does not work, although the settings show another thing.

Every time I start the computer, I set Ctrl + Shift + 1, Ctrl + Shift + 2 and Ctrl + Shift + 3. Then copy settings to Weclome screen and New user accounts –
    THE SETTINGS WILL NOT WORK UNTIL SIGN OUT AND SIGN IN AGAIN. Ok, sign out, sign in, start working, after 30 minutes I get the settings attached above and Ctrl + Shift + 2 not working.

Please file an urgent bug report to developers. Tell them, stop doing fancy things, fix what was working in XP and 7, and it's broken in 10. The problem is at least 2 years old, Microsoft has failed to solve this simple 1st grade programming task. Just google
    the problem, you will see, countless people has the problem. Nobody provided until now a working solution, because there is a hard coded bug in Windows.

Jozsef Szasz-Fabian, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 forgets language switching key combiantion - Similar Threads - forgets language switching

2. Windows 11 forgets language switching selector key combination

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 forgets language switching selector key combination: There is a problem in Windows 11. It's resetting by itself the language switching direct selector keyboard combination.Here is how to reproduce the problem:1. Go to Settings > Time & Language > Advanced keyboard settings2. Click "Input language hotkeys"3. Click "Change Key...
  3. Windows 11 forgets language switching selector key combination

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 forgets language switching selector key combination: There is a problem in Windows 11. It's resetting by itself the language switching direct selector keyboard combination.Here is how to reproduce the problem:1. Go to Settings > Time & Language > Advanced keyboard settings2. Click "Input language hotkeys"3. Click "Change Key...
  4. Windows 11 forgets language switching key combination

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 forgets language switching key combination: There is a problem in Windows 11. It's resetting by itself the language switching keyboard combination.Here is how to reproduce the problem:1. Go to Settings > Time & Language > Advanced keyboard settings2. Click "Input language hotkeys"3. Click "Change Key Sequence"4. Set...
  5. Windows 11 forgets language switching key combination

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 forgets language switching key combination: There is a problem in Windows 11. It's resetting by itself the language switching keyboard combination.Here is how to reproduce the problem:1. Go to Settings > Time & Language > Advanced keyboard settings2. Click "Input language hotkeys"3. Click "Change Key Sequence"4. Set...
  6. Windows 10 forgets language switching key combiantion - when it gets fixed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 forgets language switching key combiantion - when it gets fixed?: There is thread about it from 2018. I personally reported this bug through Insider Hub many times during beta testing. And after many years the bug is still there with very lame workaround. But now the problem is that after upgrading to build 2004 even the proposed...
  7. Forget windows 10 Pro key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Forget windows 10 Pro key: I was using fully activated windows 10Pro on my machine. Unfortunately it got currupted. Now I want to reinstall but don't have system image or backup plan. I don't have its key. Is there any way to get rid of this situation?...
  8. Windows 10 forgets language switching key combiantion v3 2020

Windows 10 forgets language switching key combiantion v3 2020: This is a reopening of the old topic which is for some reason closed. First topic where the question is described quite in full: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-forgets-language-switching-key/fc331d98-e942-4143-b596-0ef16586e406 Second...
  9. Windows 10 forgets language switching key combination

Windows 10 forgets language switching key combination: The issue is described here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-forgets-language-switching-key/fc331d98-e942-4143-b596-0ef16586e406 Why isn't it resolved? Worked grate in win7 *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. Backspace key switches language

Backspace key switches language: This has been driving me crazy for months/years. I have English and Hebrew installed on my computer. Alt+shift is defined in the keyboard to switch languages. But in Word, every time I backspace or delete, my computer switches language. Even in documents that are...