Windows 10: windows 10 forgets my hidden network every time I disconnect it or restart

Discus and support windows 10 forgets my hidden network every time I disconnect it or restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; after updating windows 10. every time I turn on my laptop, I Have to add my home hidden wifi network, it connects for one time and it appears with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mozain, Oct 11, 2018.

1. mozain Win User

windows 10 forgets my hidden network every time I disconnect it or restart

after updating windows 10. every time I turn on my laptop, I Have to add my home hidden wifi network, it connects for one time and it appears with the name followed by a number for each time I connect. I checked the option for connecting even if the network is not broadcasting and the problem still exist.

:)

mozain, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Justine Pel Win User

Forget a WiFi Network

Hi Jess,

Windows 10 saves a list of Wi-Fi networks you connect to along with their passwords and other settings. If you want to manage or delete a certain network, just follow the steps provided below:

• Type Settings on the search box.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Click Wi-Fi on the left pane of the Network & Internet window.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Select the network name and click Forget.

Note: Since you can't remember the network name you've connected with, you can consider forgetting all saved Wi-Fi networks on your PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Justine Pel, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Unsecured and Hidden Networks

Hi Dinah,

To delete or forget Wireless Network profiles on Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Click Wi-Fi.
    • Select Manage Wi-Fi Settings.
    • Click Manage known networks.
    • Select the network and click Forget.

If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reach us.

Arjay Dom, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 forgets my hidden network every time I disconnect it or restart - Similar Threads - forgets hidden network

2. I forget my password of my pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I forget my password of my pc: Plz i forget my password of my pc and i wont to get back i won't some help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forget-my-password-of-my-pc/7e5780dd-c274-4eb2-932d-ecc29be76aa7"
  3. My WiFi disconnects every time and goes up to 2k ping each time.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My WiFi disconnects every time and goes up to 2k ping each time.: [ATTACH] This is the error. I know its not the network cable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/my-wifi-disconnects-every-time-and-goes-up-to-2k/4d732b9b-030f-4e3d-9036-d655323c919b
  4. Every time I restart my computer, the "background apps" setting resets

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Every time I restart my computer, the "background apps" setting resets: A quick google search just lands me in tutorials on how to disable background apps in general. All of my other privacy settings are saved except for this one edit: I also noticed that apps appear and disappear on this page. For example, I have the Verizon Messages app...
  5. Disconnected device sound keeps happening every time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnected device sound keeps happening every time: This is literally driving me to insanity. I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device. It happens every few seconds. I opened up device manager, nothing abnormal there, but when ever i hear the disconnected...
  6. Archeage - Disconnects every time i select a server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Archeage - Disconnects every time i select a server: Hey there, I recently built a new PC and installed windows 10 as my operating system (some what regretting it at this moment) and i have installed a game called Archeage that worked just fine on windows 7 with no connection issues what so ever. Now with windows 10 as i try...
  7. External devices broken every time I restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External devices broken every time I restart: I have a Surface Pro 3. I've had it for a year, came with Windows 8 (or 8.1 - can't recall). Upgraded to Windows 10 and it worked fine. Sometime in the last 2 months, pretty much every time I reboot, or put the computer in sleep mode, etc, ANY external device stops...
  8. NAS forgets login info on every restart

NAS forgets login info on every restart: So my roommate has a server with NAS for movies and tv shows. A separate drive for each (partitions). He gave me a bat file to set them up which works. However every time I restart my computer, they show disconnected. When I double click either of them, it says the login...
  9. Any time I restart network adapter "Identifying Network"....

Any time I restart network adapter "Identifying Network"....: Ever since I updated to windows 10 any time I do a restart my network adapter is stuck on Identifying network. If I do a shut down and cold start it works fine. I cannot figure out what the problem is. When I try to update the driver it tells me it's the most recent driver....
  10. Windows 10 stops working every 3 times of restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 stops working every 3 times of restart: Hi everyone, I have a laptop HP ENVY 15 (core i7, 16 GB of RAM). The problem is that windows 10 stops working after about 2 minutes from showing the desktop, sometimes i open the explorer and log into my email and the it stops or even open my computer, although i still can...