Windows 10: windows 10 forgets my hidden network every time I disconnect it or restart

Discus and support windows 10 forgets my hidden network every time I disconnect it or restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; after updating windows 10. every time I turn on my laptop, I Have to add my home hidden wifi network, it connects for one time and it appears with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mozain, Oct 11, 2018.

1. mozain Win User

windows 10 forgets my hidden network every time I disconnect it or restart

after updating windows 10. every time I turn on my laptop, I Have to add my home hidden wifi network, it connects for one time and it appears with the name followed by a number for each time I connect. I checked the option for connecting even if the network is not broadcasting and the problem still exist.

:)

mozain, Oct 11, 2018

2. Forget a WiFi Network

Hi Jess,

Windows 10 saves a list of Wi-Fi networks you connect to along with their passwords and other settings. If you want to manage or delete a certain network, just follow the steps provided below:

• Type Settings on the search box.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Click Wi-Fi on the left pane of the Network & Internet window.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Select the network name and click Forget.

Note: Since you can't remember the network name you've connected with, you can consider forgetting all saved Wi-Fi networks on your PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Justine Pel, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Unsecured and Hidden Networks

Hi Dinah,

To delete or forget Wireless Network profiles on Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Click Wi-Fi.
    • Select Manage Wi-Fi Settings.
    • Click Manage known networks.
    • Select the network and click Forget.

If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reach us.

Arjay Dom, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 forgets my hidden network every time I disconnect it or restart - Similar Threads - forgets hidden network

2. Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.: Always after restarting when I look at the time, it shows a completely different time. I set the computer to synchronize with the time zone, but it still doesn't show me the correct time. What should i do?...
  3. Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.: Always after restarting when I look at the time, it shows a completely different time. I set the computer to synchronize with the time zone, but it still doesn't show me the correct time. What should i do?...
  4. Domain PC keeps forgetting hidden domain network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain PC keeps forgetting hidden domain network: Hey, everyone.I have a customer here who's PC recently decided to stop remembering the network information for our domain wifi network. No other employees have reported this problem. Here in I'll relay what we've observed and actions taken to rectify it. I am with the IT...
  5. Windows 10 forgets passwords after every restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 forgets passwords after every restart: its a local account, recently create a new profile niether chrome nor windows credential manager is saving pw, after every restart have to enter all login details again unininstalled browser, still wont save pw. but its not just for browser its any pw on the machine....
  6. Windows 10 disconnects internet every time I launch a game.

Windows 10 disconnects internet every time I launch a game.: Hi all, So I upgraded to windows 10 about a month ago or so and I've been experiencing this problem on and off for the time being and it's very annoying. First time i experienced this problem was with Star Wars Battlefront 2 2017 version, after the installation I launched...
  7. Windows crashes every time I restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes every time I restart: Every time I restart, my computer shuts down fine, and when it comes time for the loading screen to show up, there's just...nothing. For 10-15 minutes. Then there's a crash report that shows up, and then it starts. But it starts and operates thereafter slowly and in a...
  8. Windows 10 forgets my mouse settings every time it hibernates or powers off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 forgets my mouse settings every time it hibernates or powers off: I am dismayed to find that Windows 10 forgets my.mouse settings every time it hibernates or restarts.Windows 7 did the same thing. Thousands of users complained about it but the issue was never corrected. Am i missing something? Is there a reason it works this way? This...
  9. Every time there is a windows update my peer to peer network disconnects

Every time there is a windows update my peer to peer network disconnects: Every time Windows does a major update, it somehow disconnects my peer to peer network. I have checked to make sure network discovery is turned on and i have made sure the password is turned off. But i am still getting a thing asking me for my credentials. The mapped...
  10. NAS forgets login info on every restart

NAS forgets login info on every restart: So my roommate has a server with NAS for movies and tv shows. A separate drive for each (partitions). He gave me a bat file to set them up which works. However every time I restart my computer, they show disconnected. When I double click either of them, it says the login...