Windows 10: Windows 10 forgets my mouse settings every time it hibernates or powers off

Discus and support Windows 10 forgets my mouse settings every time it hibernates or powers off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am dismayed to find that Windows 10 forgets my.mouse settings every time it hibernates or restarts.Windows 7 did the same thing. Thousands of users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Xenoblastic, May 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 forgets my mouse settings every time it hibernates or powers off

I am dismayed to find that Windows 10 forgets my.mouse settings every time it hibernates or restarts.Windows 7 did the same thing. Thousands of users complained about it but the issue was never corrected.

Am i missing something? Is there a reason it works this way?

This issue affects my Dell laptop, both HP laptops and my IBM desktop. I have updated drivers on all machines. It affects both the built in track pad and external usb devices.

Please help!

:)

Xenoblastic, May 9, 2019

2. hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, May 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 forgets my mouse settings every time it hibernates or powers off

Power settings(sleep, hibernate) do not work

my settings for sleep and hibernate are not working. The power does not shut off after 20 minutes as in settings Any help?

Moved from: MSN / Settings and personalization / Location settings / Windows 10

***Title modified from: power settings***

GeorgeNeedy, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 forgets my mouse settings every time it hibernates or powers off

1. Windows 10 forgets my mouse settings every time it hibernates or powers off - Similar Threads - forgets mouse settings

2. Troubleshooting hibernation issue: long time to power off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting hibernation issue: long time to power off: Hi.Whenever my PC is sent into hibernation, it normally takes few seconds. System drive is an SSD NVMe M.2, 16 GB RAM. But sometimes, it takes extraordinary much longer, e.g . 1-3 minutes without an obvious reason. That means, memory usage is low to average.I've used WPR to...
  3. Troubleshooting hibernation issue: long time to power off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshooting hibernation issue: long time to power off: Hi.Whenever my PC is sent into hibernation, it normally takes few seconds. System drive is an SSD NVMe M.2, 16 GB RAM. But sometimes, it takes extraordinary much longer, e.g . 1-3 minutes without an obvious reason. That means, memory usage is low to average.I've used WPR to...
  4. Troubleshooting hibernation issue: long time to power off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.

Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.: Always after restarting when I look at the time, it shows a completely different time. I set the computer to synchronize with the time zone, but it still doesn't show me the correct time. What should i do?...
  6. Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.: Always after restarting when I look at the time, it shows a completely different time. I set the computer to synchronize with the time zone, but it still doesn't show me the correct time. What should i do?...
  7. Power off and Hibernate issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power off and Hibernate issue: Hi all. I'm having the following issue when I turn off my computer 1 If I use the hibernate option, the system immediately shutdown without asking to close any open file. At a later resume, the system shows a blue screen showing an issue with the previous shutdown, and all...
  8. Power off and Hibernate issue

Power off and Hibernate issue: Hi all. I'm having the following issue when I turn off my computer 1 If I use the hibernate option, the system immediately shutdown without asking to close any open file. At a later resume, the system shows a blue screen showing an issue with the previous shutdown, and all...
  9. Power off and Hibernate issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Ethernet turns off every time i hibernate/reboot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet turns off every time i hibernate/reboot.: Hello, I have windows 10 and recently started using an Ethernet connection.I keep my cable plugged in, but everytime i hibernate or restart my PC, the ethernet is not detected.The only way to get the ethernet connection working again is to physically remove the cable and plug...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows forgets mouse settings

2. windows 10 hibernate missing from settings

3. i have to reinsert usb for mouse every time laptop powers off