Windows 10: Windows 10 forgets snap and automatic arrangement settings

Discus and support Windows 10 forgets snap and automatic arrangement settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; With Windows 7 you could freely grab a window by the title bar and drag it anywhere between screens. Now that I've upgraded to Windows 10, I seem to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by milkman13, Jun 2, 2021.

1. milkman13 Win User

Windows 10 forgets snap and automatic arrangement settings

With Windows 7 you could freely grab a window by the title bar and drag it anywhere between screens. Now that I've upgraded to Windows 10, I seem to be doomed to either having "snap" enabled as a speed bump between my monitors, or an "ease of access center" setting called "make the mouse easier to use > prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screens". For whatever reason this prevents me from grabbing a full Window by the title bar and moving it. Disabling snap enables arrangement prevention, disabling arrangement prevention enables snap. Is there a way to make Windows 10 remember the settings I input?

:)

milkman13, Jun 2, 2021
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Jun 2, 2021
  3. How to disable automatic maximize while dragging a window

For Windows 10 go to:

• Start menu

• Settings

• Search "snap"

• Switch off "arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen

Sherrie Fuqua, Jun 2, 2021
  4. Windows 10 forgets snap and automatic arrangement settings

Snap multitasking not working properly

Have you made any changes or performed any updates recently? Please check the Snap settings and make sure that these settings are enabled:

• Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.
    • When I snap a window, automatically size it to fill available space
    • When I snap a window, show what I can snap next to it
    • When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window

Just click the Windows key > Setting >
    System
    , then select Multitasking.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 forgets snap and automatic arrangement settings

1. Windows 10 forgets snap and automatic arrangement settings - Similar Threads - forgets snap automatic

2. Windows 10 "forgetting" Windows Hello settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 "forgetting" Windows Hello settings: We have seen this come up a few times in the last month. We have several users making use Windows Hello with either PIN, fingerprint, for facial recognition. On some computer, the Windows Hello is being "forgotten" the user must re-enter the information, and it works for a...
  3. Windows 10 "forgetting" Windows Hello settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 "forgetting" Windows Hello settings: We have seen this come up a few times in the last month. We have several users making use Windows Hello with either PIN, fingerprint, for facial recognition. On some computer, the Windows Hello is being "forgotten" the user must re-enter the information, and it works for a...
  4. Windows 10 "forgetting" Windows Hello settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows snapping automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows snapping automatically: Recently I've had an issue where whenever I drag a window anywhere I get a large green letter 1 on each screen and the window automatically snaps to full-screen. Even when I try to snap to an edge to make a split-screen it just full-screens. I don't want to turn off snaping...
  6. Snap Windows Setting Not Saving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap Windows Setting Not Saving: I'm having trouble using aero snap in Windows 10 win+arrow and think it might have to do with the snap windows option being "Off". However, when I set it to "On", the setting is automatically turned back to "Off" when I reopen Settings--How can I re-enable aero snap and get...
  7. Windows keeps forgetting monitor settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows keeps forgetting monitor settings: I have two monitors connected to one system, I never use both at the same time because I have this set up so I can use my system at two different positions. One is 60Hz and the other 144Hz. Everytime I switch monitors my 144Hz sets to default 60Hz. Is there any way to make...
  8. Turning on taskbar setting 'Automatically hide the taskbar...' completely re-arranges...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning on taskbar setting 'Automatically hide the taskbar...' completely re-arranges...: Is this normal? submitted by /u/fishbulbx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hh073e/turning_on_taskbar_setting_automatically_hide_the/
  9. Snap Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap Settings: It has become more difficult to move a window from one screen to another. I have to move it very quickly to keep it from snapping. Even if I continue to drag, it sticks until I've moved my mouse an absurd distance. So, I disabled "snap" in system settings > multitasking....
  10. Arrange your Windows in a Snap

in Windows 10 News
    Arrange your Windows in a Snap: Windows 7 introduced Aero Snap as a way to effortlessly position windows on the desktop just the way you want them. You no longer had to frustratingly fiddle with the sizes and positions of windows just to get them into common layouts. Windows 8 increased productivity...