Windows 10: Windows 10 forgets Window Placement on Multiple Monitors when disconnecting/reconnecting...

Discus and support Windows 10 forgets Window Placement on Multiple Monitors when disconnecting/reconnecting... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Basically, I have 2 identical Lenovo 24" monitors plus the laptop screen for a total of 3 screens, set to an extended desktop. Every morning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Maor Roffe, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 forgets Window Placement on Multiple Monitors when disconnecting/reconnecting...

Hi,

Basically, I have 2 identical Lenovo 24" monitors plus the laptop screen for a total of 3 screens, set to an extended desktop.

Every morning I take the time to place the Chrome Window on the right display, the Outlook window on the center display, Whatsapp, notes and other items to the left, on the laptop display.

Then, sure enough, I get called into a meeting, disconnect from the hub and everything collapses onto the single laptop screen as it should. However, when I reconnect to the hub after the meeting, all windows are now on the center monitor and I have arrange all over again. As you can imagine, multiple meetings per day can become tiresome with disconnecting/reconnecting to multiple monitors if I have to re-arrange the windows every single time.

Is there no way to get Windows 10 to remember my preferred window arrangement so that each returns to its original monitor placement when I reconnect to the laptop hub?

:)

Maor Roffe, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2019
  3. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

USB devices keeps disconnecting/ reconnecting automatically

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Mathragh Win User

Windows 10 forgets Window Placement on Multiple Monitors when disconnecting/reconnecting...

Windows 10

They fixed that in windows 8, but in 10 its back =(

Mathragh, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 forgets Window Placement on Multiple Monitors when disconnecting/reconnecting...

1. Windows 10 forgets Window Placement on Multiple Monitors when disconnecting/reconnecting... - Similar Threads - forgets Window Placement

2. Windows screens when usb disconnects and reconnects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows screens when usb disconnects and reconnects: I've been recently been having this issue of my whole PC blue screening when a USB disconnects, its been happening a lot lately i have the minidump files for the crash report but I need some tech support. PC specsRYZEN 7 2700XRTX 3060 12GBCorsair Vengeance RGB 16x2 32gb1TB...
  3. Windows screens when usb disconnects and reconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows screens when usb disconnects and reconnects: I've been recently been having this issue of my whole PC blue screening when a USB disconnects, its been happening a lot lately i have the minidump files for the crash report but I need some tech support....
  4. Windows screens when usb disconnects and reconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows screens when usb disconnects and reconnects: I've been recently been having this issue of my whole PC blue screening when a USB disconnects, its been happening a lot lately i have the minidump files for the crash report but I need some tech support....
  5. My Windows 11 Pro forgets the multiple display settings when I disconnect and reconnect to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 Pro forgets the multiple display settings when I disconnect and reconnect to...: I have two laptops and one docking station.I have a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 11 Pro and it works well with this docking station.Windows, on the second one Asus Zenbook Pro 14 doesn't remember the multiple display settings. On every connection, I have to set multiple display...
  6. My Windows 11 Pro forgets the multiple display settings when I disconnect and reconnect to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 11 Pro forgets the multiple display settings when I disconnect and reconnect to...: I have two laptops and one docking station.I have a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 11 Pro and it works well with this docking station.Windows, on the second one Asus Zenbook Pro 14 doesn't remember the multiple display settings. On every connection, I have to set multiple display...
  7. Ethernet disconnecting / reconnecting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet disconnecting / reconnecting Windows 10: This is intermittent problem, so has been aggravating to say the least. What I have tried. Uninstalling/Reinstalling Network Adapter Driver Removing Network Adapter Driver restarting Updating Network Adapter Driver restarting Turning off /unchecking Power Management on...
  8. Secondary monitor disconnecting and reconnecting intermittently and frequently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary monitor disconnecting and reconnecting intermittently and frequently: I've seen this issue reported here and numerous other places with no real solutions identified or posted, so I'll give it another shot. I have two systems that experience this issue, one is a desktop with two monitors connected, the other is a laptop with two external...
  9. Computer disconnects and reconnects monitor keyboard and mouse.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer disconnects and reconnects monitor keyboard and mouse.: Thismorning there was a storm and during the storm my computer shut off the power did not go off, the and nothing else plugged into the surge protector shut off either. After the storm, i powered my computer on. It powered on and booted up right away. However, only one of my...
  10. Monitor randomly disconnects and reconnects from a laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor randomly disconnects and reconnects from a laptop: Hello to whom it may concern, I have a monitor that I use as my main display and I connect it to a laptop that I have. The laptop is connected to a docking station which i use a vga cable to plug into my monitor. Randomly, the monitor will disconnect and will go black, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop looses multiple monitor setting when reconnecting

2. windows 10 dual monitor forgets placement