Windows 10: Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive

Discus and support Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 on my System(I'm using my Chromebook to write this) and I formatted the C: Drive and I can't get the ISO to work and I don't have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by oDADDYOooo - Fortnite_YT, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive

I have Windows 10 on my System(I'm using my Chromebook to write this) and I formatted the C: Drive and I can't get the ISO to work and I don't have a blank DVD and I really need my Windows 10 System Back, but I don't have any other computer running Windows or any OS that supports the Media Creation Tool.

Sincerely,

CommentedBat

:)

oDADDYOooo - Fortnite_YT, Jan 30, 2019
  2. RejZoR Win User

How to format hard drive and still keep windows 10?

Though just formatting C: drive isn't enough. Old Windows created one extra hidden partition and Windows 10 creates another one, both together taking almost 1GB of space.

RejZoR, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    How to format on Windows 7

just format from the installer on the windows 7 DVD. the options there when you choose which drive to install on.

i suggest partiotining the drive, i run with a 60GB C: drive, but then move my user folder to the D: partition - so that when i format/reinstall, my desktop/my docs, etc, dont get lost.

Mussels, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Hitman Win User

Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive

Windows 10 formatting ?

Hello all
    I have 3 hard drives
    1 sata 1 tb with Windows 10
    2 older drives that are ide that I use for apps and data and not clutter my main drive.

I will be replacing the 2 older drives with a 2 tb data drive

I am thinking of formatting my main drive and starting all new and reloading everything.

My problem is that I was on Windows 7 pro 64 bit and got Windows 10 pro 64 bit upgrade free.
    So don't have Windows 10 CD or a code for it. So if I format will I be able to get Windows 10 for free
    Or I'll I have to buy the CD.
    Don't really want to spend 200.00 bucks right now.

Have not formatted in a while what's the best way now a days ?

Thanks Ruben

Hitman, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive

1. Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive - Similar Threads - Formatted Drive

2. My USB drive is asking to be formatted when I plug it in. Is there a way to access the data...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB drive is asking to be formatted when I plug it in. Is there a way to access the data...: Every time I connect my USB drive to my computer, I'm met with a message asking me to format the drive before use. If anyone has encountered a similar situation or knows of a way to bypass the formatting prompt and retrieve the data safely, your advice would be invaluable....
  3. My USB drive is asking to be formatted when I plug it in. Is there a way to access the data...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB drive is asking to be formatted when I plug it in. Is there a way to access the data...: Every time I connect my USB drive to my computer, I'm met with a message asking me to format the drive before use. If anyone has encountered a similar situation or knows of a way to bypass the formatting prompt and retrieve the data safely, your advice would be invaluable....
  4. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...: My seagate drive is not showing up under devices and drives in the "this pc" menu, so I can't access it, but it is showing up in device manager and disk managment.I'm fairly sure it is corrupted as it shows up unnamed in disk manager and there is no "NFTS".screenshot failed...
  5. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...: My seagate drive is not showing up under devices and drives in the "this pc" menu, so I can't access it, but it is showing up in device manager and disk managment.I'm fairly sure it is corrupted as it shows up unnamed in disk manager and there is no "NFTS".screenshot failed...
  6. Very old seagate drive 1TB - Can't access it and can't format it. Cant remember what's...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Issue with Disk Error 0x8007045D After Formatting D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Disk Error 0x8007045D After Formatting D Drive: I recently encountered an issue with my system's disk configuration. I had two disks, one with Windows installed C drive and the other designated for additional storage D drive. However, the D drive encountered corruption, leading me to format it as the data within was not...
  8. Issue with Disk Error 0x8007045D After Formatting D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Disk Error 0x8007045D After Formatting D Drive: I recently encountered an issue with my system's disk configuration. I had two disks, one with Windows installed C drive and the other designated for additional storage D drive. However, the D drive encountered corruption, leading me to format it as the data within was not...
  9. Issue with Disk Error 0x8007045D After Formatting D Drive

10. Format external drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Format external drive not showing up: I'm attempting to format an external drive so that I can use it with my Windows computer. I had previously used it to back up a Mac computer, so it likely has different formatting. When I attempt to format this external drive, the option to do so does not appear....