Windows 10: Windows 10 Formatting the C: Drive

Discus and support Windows 10 Formatting the C: Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 on my System(I'm using my Chromebook to write this) and I formatted the C: Drive and I can't get the ISO to work and I don't have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by oDADDYOooo - Fortnite_YT, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Formatting the C: Drive

I have Windows 10 on my System(I'm using my Chromebook to write this) and I formatted the C: Drive and I can't get the ISO to work and I don't have a blank DVD and I really need my Windows 10 System Back.

Sincerely,

CommentedBat

:)

oDADDYOooo - Fortnite_YT, Jan 30, 2019
  2. RejZoR Win User

How to format hard drive and still keep windows 10?

Though just formatting C: drive isn't enough. Old Windows created one extra hidden partition and Windows 10 creates another one, both together taking almost 1GB of space.

RejZoR, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    How to format on Windows 7

just format from the installer on the windows 7 DVD. the options there when you choose which drive to install on.

i suggest partiotining the drive, i run with a 60GB C: drive, but then move my user folder to the D: partition - so that when i format/reinstall, my desktop/my docs, etc, dont get lost.

Mussels, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Hitman Win User

Windows 10 Formatting the C: Drive

Windows 10 formatting ?

Hello all
    I have 3 hard drives
    1 sata 1 tb with Windows 10
    2 older drives that are ide that I use for apps and data and not clutter my main drive.

I will be replacing the 2 older drives with a 2 tb data drive

I am thinking of formatting my main drive and starting all new and reloading everything.

My problem is that I was on Windows 7 pro 64 bit and got Windows 10 pro 64 bit upgrade free.
    So don't have Windows 10 CD or a code for it. So if I format will I be able to get Windows 10 for free
    Or I'll I have to buy the CD.
    Don't really want to spend 200.00 bucks right now.

Have not formatted in a while what's the best way now a days ?

Thanks Ruben

Hitman, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Formatting the C: Drive

1. Windows 10 Formatting the C: Drive - Similar Threads - Formatting Drive

2. Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS: I have a Lacie d2 Professional external drive. I want to backup Windows-based files from my HP laptop. However, I previous backed up files from my Mac, not knowing that formatted the external drive for Mac only. I want to re-format the drive to Microsoft NTFS, and not use it...
  3. Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS: I have a Lacie d2 Professional external drive. I want to backup Windows-based files from my HP laptop. However, I previous backed up files from my Mac, not knowing that formatted the external drive for Mac only. I want to re-format the drive to Microsoft NTFS, and not use it...
  4. Flash Drive Must be Formatted but will Erase all data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flash Drive Must be Formatted but will Erase all data: I don't know how my flash drive became "read only" but every time I try to access it it says i need to format it and by doing so it will erase data. I have photos in the flash drive and have tried chkdsk, uninstall though device manager, and cleaned the disk. Nothing is...
  5. Flash Drive Must be Formatted but will Erase all data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash Drive Must be Formatted but will Erase all data: I don't know how my flash drive became "read only" but every time I try to access it it says i need to format it and by doing so it will erase data. I have photos in the flash drive and have tried chkdsk, uninstall though device manager, and cleaned the disk. Nothing is...
  6. Flash Drive Must be Formatted but will Erase all data

7. My cruzzer blade pen drive is not showing in this pc after formatting. Please suggest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cruzzer blade pen drive is not showing in this pc after formatting. Please suggest: I format the drive from command prompt.After completing 100 % the pendrive is not showing in my this pc so what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cruzzer-blade-pen-drive-is-not-showing-in-this/f3d755dd-75ac-46ab-afc7-a6fdd2d9b557
  8. My cruzzer blade pen drive is not showing in this pc after formatting. Please suggest

My cruzzer blade pen drive is not showing in this pc after formatting. Please suggest: I format the drive from command prompt.After completing 100 % the pendrive is not showing in my this pc so what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cruzzer-blade-pen-drive-is-not-showing-in-this/f3d755dd-75ac-46ab-afc7-a6fdd2d9b557
  9. My cruzzer blade pen drive is not showing in this pc after formatting. Please suggest

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Should I format the hard drive?

Should I format the hard drive?: I recently bought a refurbished Lenovo, needing a machine with enough power and storage to run Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop without crashing. I asked for any reliable laptop with 16GB ram and 256GB memory and was not paying attention to the operating system. It came with...