Windows 10: Windows 10 - Foto App keeps crashing - Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Discus and support Windows 10 - Foto App keeps crashing - Windows.UI.Xaml.dll in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello Guys, I have some troubles and I really need your help. In some instances the Foto-App and the Calculator and sometimes all Windows-Store-Apps... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by weltvonalex, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Foto App keeps crashing - Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Hello Guys, I have some troubles and I really need your help. In some instances the Foto-App and the Calculator and sometimes all Windows-Store-Apps stop working.
    After opening them they close immodestly or in the case of the Foto-App, when I open a picture I get the Error Message "File System Error -2147219196"
    Here is all the information I have and what I tried to solve it.

Version:
    Windows 10 Pro - 1809, 1709, and 1909
    Description:
    When you open Foto-App is closes immediately, sometimes it happens to the Calculator App as well and in some seldom cases the whole windows store stops working

Screenshot:
    I don’t have a Screenshot but i have a error message in the event viewer.

Calculator
    Faulting application name: Calculator.exe, version: 10.1812.1901.4008, time stamp: 0x5c304989
    Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.18362.356, time stamp: 0x0825b5b0
    Exception code: 0xc000027b
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000712cf0
    Faulting process id: 0x1518
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d568dbe3b0f42c
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1812.10048.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Calculator.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
    Report Id: 23d86f95-8eec-407b-b52c-86043d6d0426
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1812.10048.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Foto-App

Faulting application name: Microsoft.Photos.exe, version: 2019.19011.19410.0, time stamp: 0x5c7d9545
    Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.17134.376, time stamp: 0x35659a8d
    Exception code: 0xc000027b
    Fault offset: 0x00000000006a56b2
    Faulting process id: 0x1d0c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4def91242d2b0
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2019.19011.19410.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.Photos.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
    Report Id: 844f8b13-bab7-4f73-9571-e1a55c9252a4
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2019.19011.19410.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Faulting package-relative application ID: App

After trying some fixes I broke the Windows Apps totally and the messages stopped.
    I almost always have the a entries that points to "Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll"

Steps to reproduce:
    I can recreate it every time on different machines.
    I login as a Admin
    I go to the Users Folder rename the a user folder as example “Alex” to “Alex-old”
    Then I delete in the registry the key that corresponds with to the User Profile Alex.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

Afterwards I login with the Alex and after that the Foto App stops working.
    Like I said in some cases the calculator also stops working but not always. The Foto-App stops working every time.

Reproduction rate:
    When I do the previous steps its 100%.

System specs:
    HP Elitebooks, 840G3,G4,G5, G6 and X360 1030g2-g4. I5-I7, Intel Video. All Drivers are up to date.

Attempted Solutions:
    I tried almost everything I found on this issue.
    I did as Admin and as a normal User who has no Admin rights.
    And I tried on different Clients, because after doing all the steps on the same test client the machine was totally broken. :
    - Reset the App - still broken
    - Reset the Windows Store - still broken
    - Removed the Application from the Add-Remove Software and
    - I did the Re-Register via PowerShell
    „ Get-appxpackage -packageType bundle % {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode $_.installlocation + "\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml"}
    $bundlefamilies = get-appxpackage -packagetype Bundle.packagefamilyname
    get-appxpackage -packagetype main ? {-not $bundlefamilies -contains $_.packagefamilyname} % {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode $_.installlocation + "\appxmanifest.xml"}””

- wreset.exe - still broken

- I took Ownership of the Folder "Windows App" and made the User a principal but I also checked if the Group Applications Packages is the principal.
    Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2798317/microsoft-store-apps-fail-to-start-if-default-registry-or-file-permiss
    >> still broken

- I installed all Updates >> still broken
    - I installed Photos Media Engine Add-on >> still broken
    - I checked KB4524147 >> still broken

- I tried the Powershell Commands described in this Link.
    Sorry thats way too much to copy and post it here
    https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/reinstall-and-re-register-apps-in-windows-10.7509/
    >> still broken

- Tried to register Windows.UI.Xaml.dll >> still broken
    - Changed DPI Settings >> still broken
    - Reinstalled the Video Driver >> still broken
    - Reinstalled Photo.DCL.MediaEngine >> still broken
    - DotNet Reinstall and Update >> still broken
    - I tried the Scripts described here
    https://superuser.com/questions/1481644/windows-10-uwp-apps-launch-and-then-disappear-immediately
    >> still broken

- I was kind a desperate so i tried sfc /scannow >> still broken
    - I tried the Dism.exe Tool >> still broken
    - I stopped the AntiVirus Scanner >> still broken
    - I checked the time settings and time zone >> still broken

What I haven’t done yet:
    Using a standard Windows 10 Client with all updates to test the issue

I have no real clue where to look.
    I think there is a issues with the access rights but I am not sure, something in the direction of GUID issues.
    In a Github comment someone mentioned that windows is very stingy when there are some issues with that.

Or do I miss something when we recreate the profile?
    I found a Microsoft article on how to recreate a profile but the steps there do not really apply in our environment but in general its similar to my steps.

And we did the recreation a lot of times without any issue in the past. Maybe MS changed something that’s not that easy anymore?

As you can see I invested some time, i tried a lot but I can’t figure it out how to UN-break it. And i don’t want to reinstall the whole system every time a Application corrupts a profile or someone is marrying and changing his name.

:)

weltvonalex, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

XAML Islands v1 - Updates and Roadmap for Windows 10

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/buildingap...s-and-roadmap/

Brink, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    XAML Islands v1 - Updates and Roadmap for Windows 10

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/buildingap...s-and-roadmap/

Brink, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 - Foto App keeps crashing - Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Foto App keeps crashing - Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

1. Windows 10 - Foto App keeps crashing - Windows.UI.Xaml.dll - Similar Threads - Foto App keeps

2. WINDOWS 10 APP FOTO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 APP FOTO: Dopo un aggiornamento atuomatico , app foto non apre più le immagini . Ho provato a scaricare di nuovo l'aggiornamento dallo store ma Symantec mette il file in quarantena . Come risolvo il problema ? Il messaggio di errore che compare è ''Impossibile trovare il file...
  3. WINDOWS 10 APP FOTO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 APP FOTO: Dopo un aggiornamento atuomatico , app foto non apre più le immagini . Ho provato a scaricare di nuovo l'aggiornamento dallo store ma Symantec mette il file in quarantena . Come risolvo il problema ? Il messaggio di errore che compare è ''Impossibile trovare il file...
  4. WINDOWS 10 APP FOTO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Foto App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Foto App: Die Windows 10 Fotos-App durchsucht die verfügbaren Speichermedien auf meinem Computer und fügt die gefundenen Fotos der „Sammlung“ hinzugefügt. Diese Bildbibliothek scannt sämtliche Inhalte der privaten und öffentlichen Bilderordner auf der Festplatte des Rechners. Sobald...
  6. windows 10 apps keep crashing

windows 10 apps keep crashing: For over a year now, my programs will start crashing. When they do, it shuts all of them off. Afterward, even settings are running out of whack. I run the windows store apps troubleshooter first. Most of the time, it will fix it on the first attempt. However, if it has...
  7. APP FOTO WINDOWS 10

APP FOTO WINDOWS 10: Signori, buona sera. Da qualche giorno non riesco ad accedere a FOTO del mio pc su cui è installato Windows 10. Infatti cliccando su una qualsiasi foto (file JPG) ottengo in risposta "Non riesco ad aprire questa APP. Non è possibile aprire foto perchè non è stato trovato....
  8. My Foto App crashes

My Foto App crashes: Hi, since about 4 days the microsoft photo app can't be opened and also not deleted and re-installed. When i try to open it, a error message appears. Can you help me please? thx cheers...
  9. Windows 10 Foto App

Windows 10 Foto App: Meine Foto App lässt sich nicht mehr öffnen. Leider kann ich die App auch nicht deinstallieren, um sie neu zu installieren. Was kann ich machen? Mit freundliche Grüßen Karl-Friedrich Schön...
  10. Foto App

Foto App: App läßt sich nicht mehr öffnen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/foto-app/a80202fe-c364-42dd-b428-53f6b0f8f9a7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 app crash windows.ui.xaml.dll

2. windows Ui.Xaml.dll photo