Windows 10: Windows 10 free to get for win7 and win8.1

Discus and support Windows 10 free to get for win7 and win8.1 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Can we step back and appreciate the fact that Hell just froze over, because Microsoft... IS LITERALLY GIVING USERS THE LATEST AND GREATEST VERSION... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Burgurne, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Windows 10 free to get for win7 and win8.1

Can we step back and appreciate the fact that Hell just froze over, because Microsoft...

IS LITERALLY GIVING USERS THE LATEST AND GREATEST VERSION OF WINDOWS TO LITERALLY 60+ PERCENT OF THE TOTAL MARKETSHARE FREE AS AIR WINDOWS 10 FOR A WHOLE YEAR?!?!?!?!?!

UTTER SHOCK AND AWE! ('o')

Coke Robot, Jan 21, 2015

2. I like your sense of humor.
    How did you come up with +60% of total market share?
    Just curious, I thought my guess of 20% was too generous *Wink

No debate, I just wondered.

Bill

Slartybart, Jan 21, 2015
  3. I like your sense of humor.
    How did you come up with +60% of total market share?
    Just curious, I thought my guess of 20% was too generous *Wink

No debate, I just wondered.

Bill
    . Windows 7 holds like 49ish percent of the Windows marketshare, Windows 8.x holds about over 10 percent or more, Windows Phone holds about four percent globally but that doesn't bear any weight in all of this. Altogether, Windows 7 and 8.1 have a HUGE chunk of marketshare, that again, has a whole year to upgrade to Windows 10 FREE of charge, with no apparent strings attached.

It's 21st century Microsoft just woke up today.

Coke Robot, Jan 21, 2015
  4. Windows 10 free to get for win7 and win8.1

Thanks, that's how you came up with +60% ... I knew you had the answer I was looking for *Smile

Slartybart, Jan 21, 2015
  5. BenKxD Win User
    Maybe i do it, windows 7 is also good *Smile

BenKxD, Jan 21, 2015
  6. jeffrys Win User
    Windows 10 available as a free upgrade FOR THE FIRST YEAR?

Does that mean one has to buy or pay after that year, like a contract that expires every year?

Jeff

jeffrys, Jan 21, 2015
  7. Dave44 Win User
    means if you don't upgrade within first year you have to buy windows 10

Dave44, Jan 21, 2015
  8. jeffrys Win User

Windows 10 free to get for win7 and win8.1

thanks Dave,

then i will have some work to do on 6 computers.

Jeff

jeffrys, Jan 21, 2015
  9. The way it says Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 makes me think those of us with Windows 8.0 will have to go to 8.1 then 10.

MilesAhead, Jan 21, 2015
  10. z3r010 Win User
    Yes, but you shouldn't still be on 8 now anyway.

z3r010, Jan 21, 2015
  11. There are few users that can't get there from here. The Store upgrade fails or they don't meet the hardware requirements for 8.1. Now that 8.1 Media is available, Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help some should be able to do a clean install to get there. I'm not sure what you'd do if you have one of those unsupported CPU's that will run 8 but not 8.1? It likely won't support 10 either?

alphanumeric, Jan 21, 2015
  12. DavidY Win User
    I think they can still use 32-bit Windows 8.1 (eg. by using the Create Installation Media option and clean installing). From memory I think it's only 64-bit where that's a problem.

DavidY, Jan 21, 2015
  13. Windows 10 free to get for win7 and win8.1

I think they can still use 32-bit Windows 8.1 (eg. by using the Create Installation Media option and clean installing). From memory I think it's only 64-bit where that's a problem. I'd have to do some reading to figure it out. That's great unless you have more than 4 gig of RAM and a dedicated video card with its own onboard RAM. It will work but you won't be able to make maximum use of your hardware. It's too early in the day for me to go spelunking this stuff. Maybe latter. *Wink

alphanumeric, Jan 21, 2015
  14. I only have the Laptop. There's no way to bail myself out if the upgrade hangs other than restoring an 8.0 image. If I was going to change the Windows version I'd probably go to W7 Pro to get my glass back rather than installing something that's essentially the same(barring some killer feature that hasn't been revealed.)

Let's see what happens when the next preview is released. *Smile

MilesAhead, Jan 21, 2015
  15. hawkman Win User
    well im amazed
    Windows 10 free to get for win7 and win8.1 [​IMG]

hawkman, Jan 21, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 free to get for win7 and win8.1

1. Windows 10 free to get for win7 and win8.1 - Similar Threads - free win7 win8

2. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  3. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  4. win8 dvd

win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  5. win8 dvd

win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  6. Win8 purchased Win10 free upgrade Now Reinstall Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win8 purchased Win10 free upgrade Now Reinstall Win10: Originally, I purchased Windows 8 and installed it on my Mac with Parallels. After installing, Microsoft offered a free upgrade to Windows 10. I now want to remove Windows from Parallels and reinstall it using BootCamp. How can I do this? I do not have Windows 10 on disc or...
  7. Is Windows 10 Get Activated for Free?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is Windows 10 Get Activated for Free?: Is Windows 10 Get Activated for Free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-10-get-activated-for-free/77768258-6430-4c46-9f18-163583a94a3b"
  8. Getting windows 10 for free.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Getting windows 10 for free.: At present, is there any way of getting genuine windows 10 for lifetime (for one pc only) for free through Microsoft?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-windows-10-for-free/a59ae2b4-7711-49eb-bea1-4779ff857c20"
  9. Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.: "Reset This PC" Confusion Firstly it seems MS have gotten-rid of the 'Refresh This PC' terminology to describe the distinction between keeping files but keeping settings/apps intact, or removing both files and apps/settings (the old Reset This PC). After you make this first...
  10. Upgrade dual boot Win7/Win8 to Win10 (keep Win7)?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade dual boot Win7/Win8 to Win10 (keep Win7)?: Hi, I have a dual boot set up - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on an SSD drive and Windows 8.1 on a second hard drive. I would like to upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and keep the Windows 7 OS in tact. Is this possible? Can I just go through the upgrade process from...