Windows 10: Windows 10 free update deactivated itself

Discus and support Windows 10 free update deactivated itself in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, im not happy about that fact, Windows 10 deactivated itself. I can still use it but that big fat watermark in the bottom right corner is really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by numsy, Nov 17, 2015.

1. numsy Win User

Windows 10 free update deactivated itself

So, im not happy about that fact, Windows 10 deactivated itself. I can still use it but that big fat watermark in the bottom right corner is really annoying. So my question is: Is there a way to reactivate it? When trying to use some Windows activators it most times says: "TAP Adapter fail" or something like that. Is there a way btw a key that may actually work? If really nothing helps (I would like to keep my data cause i have lots of gigs of games installed) is it possible to install a new version of Windows 10 without loosing data of C and D drive? (Picture)

Windows 10 free update deactivated itself [​IMG]

:)

numsy, Nov 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 Pro (Free upgrade) Deactivated Itself

So I jump on the Windows 10 bandwagon as begged and harassed by Microsoft for months. "Get your free upgrade before it's too late!"

So I get my free upgrade and go from 7 to 10. Fast forward a year and I decide to rebuild my PC. Knowing I don't have a 10 license key, I research how to transfer the license. I find that I can associate my windows account with my licenses. I successfully
    do this and continue with my PC build. I Install an ISO copy of windows as instructed by Microsoft and easily activated my version of Windows 10. Let me say that again. I REGISTERED MY COPY OF WINDOWS 10!

Fast forward 3 weeks. I receive the message that my copy of windows needs to be activated (again). I go through the motions and it fails. I call customer support and they say they can't help me. I was told that I have to get the Windows 7 license key and
    call them back. Well guess what! I don't have that s h i t anymore! I sure as h e l l can't find it! You would then think that perhaps they can look at my account and see that I have registered my Windows 10 license. Well h e l l no! That would be too easy!
    SO here I am, without a 7 version to fall back on and a DEACTIVATED copy of Windows 10. And because my PC is a true home built, I don't have an OEM key in the BIOS.

I am not paying $200 to register this damn thing! You owe me my damn license back!

I am p i s s e d off to no end! God damn you Microsoft!

DavidRoyal77, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Pro (Free upgrade) Deactivated Itself

If you had your Windows 7 Professional key, you could have used it to reactivate Windows 10 Pro. You are entitled to it since you originally upgraded from a retail license which guarantees you a one time transfer.

If you don't have your Windows 7 Professional key, you will need to either give it a few days and hope it activates automatically or consider purchasing a new license.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 17, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Did you try entering keys from the windows you upgraded from ?

CountMike, Nov 17, 2015
  5. numsy Win User
    Well, I bought a already build together PC. The problem is that there is no windows key that came with it. Just the recovery CD...

numsy, Nov 18, 2015
  6. Have you tried contacting the shop where you bought the PC from?

BorisTheAnimal, Nov 18, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Run showkeyplus from this forum. It will tell you all available Windows keys on the system, including the Product Key that was present before the upgrade (for in place upgrades) and keys stored in bios:
    Solved Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

Also, if you post here what versions showkey plus says the different keys are for, maybe we can figure out what happened with activation.

NavyLCDR, Nov 18, 2015
  8. numsy Win User

I tried to reactivate windows with the key my pc came with... (OEM Key)

I get fail code: 0xc004e016

numsy, Nov 19, 2015
  9. Berton Win User
    Some pages about that code: 0xc004e016 at DuckDuckGo

Berton, Nov 19, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    From an elevated command prompt ("run as administrator" command prompt) type slmgr /dlv

Post the results here and we might be able to figure something out. Your initial post says, "When trying to use some Windows activators it most times says: "TAP Adapter fail" or something like that." That sounds like some illegal activation server is attempting to be used.

NavyLCDR, Nov 19, 2015
  11. numsy Win User
    Google Translate result:

Software licensing service version: 10.0.10240.16384
    Name Windows (R) Enterprise Edition
    Description: Windows (R) Operating System, VOLUME_KIVISCLIENT channel
    Activation ID: 73111121-5638-40f6-BC11-************
    Application ID: 55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f
    Advanced PID: 03612-03290-000-000003-03-1031-10240.0000-3252015
    Product Key Channel: VolumeGVLK
    Installation ID: 35941207877380802927275072344691824614116697603748119**********
    Partial product key: 2YT43
    License Status: Notification
    Notification Reason: licC004F056.
    Remaining Windows rearm Number: 1001
    Remaining Windows rearm Number: 1001
    Trusted Time 11/21/2015 09:13:29
    Configured activation type: IONS Use to update to activate and update KMS client information "slmgr.vbs / ato" the values.

numsy, Nov 20, 2015
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    You do not have a legal copy of Windows 10 with a license for home use. You have the Enterprise version of Windows - which is normally for corporation use, and the Windows Activation method is Volume GVLK which is an activation method that uses a corporation's activation server to activate their Windows 10 within that corporation. You were scammed by whomever you purchased the computer from.

You are going to have to purchase a real and genuine version of Windows 7 or 8/8.1 and upgrade from that or purchase a real and genuine Windows 10. Whatever real and genuine Windows you purchase, you are going to have to do a clean install with and wipe out what you have now.

If you run showkey plus from this forum, maybe you would be lucky enough for there to be a Windows 8 key stored in bios and you would just have to download the matching version of Windows 10 from Microsoft and do a clean install of that.
    Solved Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 free update deactivated itself - Similar Threads - free update deactivated

2. Windows Deactivated itself.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Deactivated itself.: My windows license deactivated, I tried reactivating with windows key on side of my computer but doesn't allow me to use that key.What do I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-deactivated-itself/5f255a1b-606c-4702-8fe7-3437fb1537fe
  3. Windows Deactivated itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Deactivated itself.: My windows license deactivated, I tried reactivating with windows key on side of my computer but doesn't allow me to use that key.What do I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-deactivated-itself/5f255a1b-606c-4702-8fe7-3437fb1537fe
  4. Windows Deactivated itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Deactivated itself.

Windows 10 Deactivated itself.: Hello, My Windows 10 just deactivated itself. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get with this problem. I bought my License years ago and I don't know where my CD is. I would just like to know WHY it was deactivated. Thanks in advance....
  6. Windows Deactivated Itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Deactivated Itself: [ATTACH] Not exactly sure but sometime in the last week my windows began stating it wasn't activated despite it being activated for months now with a legitimate product key. Anyone know what might be the problem/solution? submitted by /u/itzEK3 [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows deactivated itself.

Windows deactivated itself.: I was on my laptop and one day when i restarted it, windows was not activtaed. I contacted ASUS for my windows product key and whenever i input it, the code shows up invalid. I would also like to mention that it did this for no reason that i can think of....
  8. Windows deactivated itself?

Windows deactivated itself?: So I ran an update last night, and this morning windows says it needs to be activated on this device and that I changed hardware, despite the fact that I have NOT changed any hardware whatsoever, all I did was unplug and replug a USB drive. My copy of windows 10 was...
  9. Windows 10 Deactivates Itself

Windows 10 Deactivates Itself: After downloading files on the internet, I got some infringement warning from ISP and I deleted the files and everything and the next time I turned on my laptop, it says that I’m not using a genuine copy of Windows 10. When I do a clean install, Windows 10 works perfectly...
  10. Windows 10 deactivated itself

Windows 10 deactivated itself: So recently my computer stopped working (blue screen, then it wouldn’t boot again), but I managed to get it working after resetting and switching the motherboard battery. When I launched it I noticed my Windows 10 Home wasn’t activated anymore. I can’t reactivate it, it says...