Windows 10: windows 10 free upgradation from windows 8.1 retail version transfer

Discus and support windows 10 free upgradation from windows 8.1 retail version transfer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought my Hp pavilion laptop in 2014 with Dos system and install windows 8.1 single language home version with key, presently I bought a desktop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BUBUN DEY, Dec 24, 2018.

1. BUBUN DEY Win User

windows 10 free upgradation from windows 8.1 retail version transfer

I bought my Hp pavilion laptop in 2014 with Dos system and install windows 8.1 single language home version with key, presently I bought a desktop and want to install that setup in my new system. Can it be done and if so what is the procedure? Please, guide me as early as possible.

:)

BUBUN DEY, Dec 24, 2018
  2. NHKS Win User

Windows 8 Discussion.

Not sure if u mean the 'retail' version, latest rumours suggest Win8 might not have the retail version.. just 'upgrade' & OEM versions starting @ 40$ & 60$ respectively..

3. Upgrade editions, retail versions and transfers

Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't find any definite answers.

I have a few concerns regarding the free upgrade because I'll want to update all our home computers (5 total). 3 of them are running Windows 8.1 Professional Retail version, one is running Windows 7 Professional and one Windows 8.1 Home Edition OEM.

• Can someone confirm the upgrade edition assumptions below are correct?
    • Windows 8.1 Professional Retail -> Windows 10 Professional Retail
    • Windows 8.1 Home OEM -> Windows 10 Home OEM
    • Windows 7 Professional Retail -> Windows 10 Professional Retail
    2. Regarding the Windows 10 Professional Retail (once upgraded), are you able to transfer the OS to a different computer if needed like I'd be right now? Meaning you de-activate on current machine and then install / activate on second machine?

3. I also have a Surface 2 RT. Will there be an upgrade available for this too?

Thanks

Ales Potocnik Hahonina, Dec 24, 2018
  4. windows 10 free upgradation from windows 8.1 retail version transfer

Andre Da Costa, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 free upgradation from windows 8.1 retail version transfer

1. windows 10 free upgradation from windows 8.1 retail version transfer - Similar Threads - free upgradation retail

2. Was a Free Windows 8/10 Education Key OEM or Retail?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Was a Free Windows 8/10 Education Key OEM or Retail?: I am now aware that retail/OEM version has the difference of retail being able to transfer to another computer. I received a key for free Windows 8, or 8.1, can't remember, Education while I was a college student, which I eventually upgraded to Windows 10 Education for free....
  3. Was a Free Windows 8/10 Education Key OEM or Retail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Was a Free Windows 8/10 Education Key OEM or Retail?: I am now aware that retail/OEM version has the difference of retail being able to transfer to another computer. I received a key for free Windows 8, or 8.1, can't remember, Education while I was a college student, which I eventually upgraded to Windows 10 Education for free....
  4. Was a Free Windows 8/10 Education Key OEM or Retail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10: When Windows 10 was released I was given the opportunity to upgrade from my Windows 8 which I did !I now find I cannot get any updates and am consistently asked to provide my Activation Key or my Digital Licence Key, I don't have either of those.Where do I go from Here ?...
  6. Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10: When Windows 10 was released I was given the opportunity to upgrade from my Windows 8 which I did !I now find I cannot get any updates and am consistently asked to provide my Activation Key or my Digital Licence Key, I don't have either of those.Where do I go from Here ?...
  7. Windows 8 upgraded to Free Windows 10

8. Upgrade to Windows 11 from retail version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 11 from retail version of Windows 10: HiI have a retail version of Windows 10 Home and I'm trying to find out if it will retain it's retail status when I upgrade to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-windows-11-from-retail-version-of/e633f79a-6916-41ab-b266-69f403ae9bce
  9. Upgrade to Windows 11 from retail version of Windows 10

Upgrade to Windows 11 from retail version of Windows 10: HiI have a retail version of Windows 10 Home and I'm trying to find out if it will retain it's retail status when I upgrade to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-windows-11-from-retail-version-of/e633f79a-6916-41ab-b266-69f403ae9bce
  10. Transferring Windows 10 license that was an upgrade from a Windows 7 retail.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring Windows 10 license that was an upgrade from a Windows 7 retail.: I bought a retail copy of Win 7 Ultimate in 2009 to install on a new desktop build, then in 2014 I upgraded the mobo/cpu/ram and simply kept the same OS drive during the upgrade. I'd been running windows 7 until a few years ago until I accepted the free upgrade to windows 10,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 8.1 transfer