Windows 10: Windows 10 "Free upgrade" after hardware change?

Discus and support Windows 10 "Free upgrade" after hardware change? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, I am planning on buying a new hard drive for my computer, and since Windows 10's activation is based on hardware, will I still have the free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by XMan3, Apr 23, 2016.

1. XMan3 Win User

Windows 10 "Free upgrade" after hardware change?

So, I am planning on buying a new hard drive for my computer, and since Windows 10's activation is based on hardware, will I still have the free upgrade?

:)

XMan3, Apr 23, 2016

2. PLEASE UPGRADE NOKIA X2 TO " SYMBIAN OS " EDITION ...

download j2me edition of blueftp to your x2. Configure the settings on application access.

Then browse files, highlight the file which you want to hide press 9

three action will appear.

generalmember, Apr 23, 2016
  3. Battōsai Win User
    PLEASE UPGRADE NOKIA X2 TO " SYMBIAN OS " EDITION ...

Battōsai, Apr 23, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Yes. It's tied to the motherboard, not a specific hard drive.

NavyLCDR, Apr 23, 2016
  5. XMan3 Win User
    Alright, Thanks!

XMan3, Apr 23, 2016
  6. eddiethc Win User
    hmmm would cpu be tied in like the motherboard or is it just the motherboard?

eddiethc, Apr 25, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Past posts indicate just the motherboard.

NavyLCDR, Apr 25, 2016
  8. Superfly Win User

This is probably the only activation area that I have yet to master... so by hear-say (Ya, I know it's old):
    Source: How Windows 7 hardware upgrades affect licensing

Superfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 "Free upgrade" after hardware change? - Similar Threads - Free upgrade hardware

2. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  3. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  4. Dreaded Windows 10 Activation Issues after hardware change after free upgrade from 7

Dreaded Windows 10 Activation Issues after hardware change after free upgrade from 7: Probably the millionth time someone has had this problem and its still a mess so here we go lol Title sums it up. My understanding was I had a digital activation key. I found the guides for this kind of reactivation and thought I did everything I was supposed to do but ran...
  5. activate free windows after hardware change

activate free windows after hardware change: It says version blocked or similar when I try to activate the free version of windows I got a while back when it was a free upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-free-windows-after-hardware-change/235cdef5-72a2-4f55-96fa-c3116fad5867
  6. Re-activating free windows 10 upgrade after hardware upgrade

Re-activating free windows 10 upgrade after hardware upgrade: Hi, I upgraded to W10 way back when the free upgrade was being offered. I recently got a new PC but kept my existing SSD with W10 on. It's suddenly decided my copy of W10 isn't activated/genuine. I've read through all the guides and done all the recommended troubleshooting...
  7. Reactivating Windows 10 after changing hardware (Windows 10 free upgrade)

Reactivating Windows 10 after changing hardware (Windows 10 free upgrade): Hello, Just today, I've upgraded my hardware, changed my motherboard, CPU and GPU. It was all fine until I got the "Activate Windows" on the side, I've tried all the troubleshooting I could find: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12440/windows-10-activate...
  8. Lost Free Windows 10 After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Free Windows 10 After Hardware Change: Firstly, we got the free windows 10 upgrade from like the past couple of years. And luckily, we got just enough the budget to replace our motherboard. After installing it though, we lost the activation of the Windows 10. I don't have my Microsoft account connected to my PC...
  9. Re-installing and reactivating a free upgrade of Windows 10 after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-installing and reactivating a free upgrade of Windows 10 after hardware change.: Hello all. I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit version 1803 that i upgraded to, for free, from Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Now my hardware is a bit long in the tooth, main board approaching ten years old, so i would like to upgrade it along with memory and possibly CPU, and a...
  10. Upgraded for free from 8.1 to 10. Reactivation after hardware change

Upgraded for free from 8.1 to 10. Reactivation after hardware change: I had a Windows 8.1 license, which I upgraded into Windows 10 when Microsoft was providing the possibility. However, I'd like to do a hardware update soon (motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM. SSD drives will remain the same). Will I be able to re-activate my Windows 10 license? 83877

Users found this page by searching for:

1. free windows 10 upgrade hardware change