Windows 10: Windows 10 free upgrade offer is still valid and it’s not going away

Discus and support Windows 10 free upgrade offer is still valid and it’s not going away in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft officially concluded its free Windows 10 upgrade program in 2016, but you can still get a free copy of Windows 10 if you meet the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 25, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 free upgrade offer is still valid and it’s not going away

Microsoft officially concluded its free Windows 10 upgrade program in 2016, but you can still get a free copy of Windows 10 if you meet the requirements.

You may not think you qualify for a free upgrade, but according to our testing and user reports, Windows 10 is still free for anyone who uses Windows 7 operating system. Users with a genuine spare license of Windows 7 can also upgrade to Windows 10 and get a digital license for free.

You can take advantage of Microsoft’s free Windows 10 upgrade because the whole “free upgrade offer” was a marketing fluff, according to a Reddit user claiming to be a Microsoft employee.

How to get Windows 10 for free

To get Windows 10 for free, follow these steps:

1. Use a genuine copy of Windows 7 on your device or virtual machine.
    2. Head to Windows 10 download page and click on ‘Download tool now’.
    3. Open Media Creation Tool and select ‘Upgrade this PC now’. You’ll also need to click on the ‘Accept’ button to accept the terms and conditions.
    4. Choose the upgrade option where you keep your files and information. If you do a fresh install via Media Creation Tool, you may not get Windows 10 for free.
    5. After the installation completes, connect your device or virtual machine to the internet and open Windows Update > Activation.
    6. Click on the ‘Activate’ button if required and your PC will be activated with a digital license after it establishes a secure connection to Microsoft servers.
    7. If you’re unable to obtain the license, you can also enter your Windows 7 product key and manually activate the operating system.

The aforementioned steps will work only when you have a legit Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 installation.

Windows 10 free upgrade offer is here to stay

As we mentioned at outset, Windows 10’s free upgrade offer was marketing fluff and you can always upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free. This is because Microsoft cares more about the Windows 10 market share than licensing revenue.

Microsoft doesn’t want to publicize this ‘loophole’ and it could still stop the free upgrades if it wants to – but as of December 26, the offer is still active.

The post Windows 10 free upgrade offer is still valid and it’s not going away appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 25, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 25, 2020
  3. vky176 Win User
    windows 10 free upgrade offer validity

Is this offer valid for all users for one year to upgrade free any time?

vky176, Dec 25, 2020
  4. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From Why can't I activate Windows?

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 free upgrade offer is still valid and it’s not going away [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 free upgrade offer is still valid and it’s not going away - Similar Threads - free upgrade offer

2. How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?: I'm just curious what the free upgrade timeline will be? When I upgrade to Windows 10, there was only a certain amount of time you could do so?...
  3. How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?: I'm just curious what the free upgrade timeline will be? When I upgrade to Windows 10, there was only a certain amount of time you could do so?...
  4. still not offered Windows 10 21h1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    still not offered Windows 10 21h1: hi there:I am still not offered Windows 10 21h1. I am in Taiwan. My work device has offered it and I installed it. Does it really take this long or should I keep waiting? I know that my device is not blocked from getting it. I was at 2004 and was offered 20h2. Is there a way...
  5. Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate?: I recently did a free upgraded of my Windows 7 computer to Windows10 using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Even though the free upgrade offer expired about four years ago, the new install of Windows 10 was activated using a digital licence supplied by MS. I see there...
  6. Windows 10 free upgrade offer still works for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 free upgrade offer still works for some users: Microsoft has ended the free upgrades to Windows 10, but users are reporting that they can still install the OS for free on a PC running a genuine license of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. According to reports, you can claim a free digital entitlement of Windows 10 and upgrade to...
  7. Free Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade offer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade offer: I have Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit created on USB through the Media Creation Tool will Windows 7 users still be able to use there Windows 10 Pro 64 as activated if something goes wrong after July 29,2016 28187
  8. New end of free Windows 10 upgrade offer notification

in Windows 10 News
    New end of free Windows 10 upgrade offer notification: If you have Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (SP1), the following full-screen notification might appear on your computer: Sorry to interrupt, but this is important. Windows 10 free upgrade offer ends July 29. [img] This notification is a reminder...
  9. Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?: Hmm I firstly thought that free upgrade to windows 10 has end but now I see MS giving away windows 10 free again in this wsite?- Here 74024
  10. Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10 for Free to Pirates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Still Not Willing to Offer Windows 10 for Free to Pirates: An option to buy it will, however, be available Microsoft has a goal of bringing Windows 10 on 1 billion devices by 2017, and there's no doubt that the number one priority right now in Redmond is to upgrade as many Windows 7 users as possible. But one of the biggest...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows upgrade free still works