Windows 10: Windows 10 freeze after idle

Discus and support Windows 10 freeze after idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded my laptop (E6430 Latitude) manually from 1803 to 1809. After some days I decided to purchase a new solid state drive, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Evangelos Stergiopoulos, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 freeze after idle

Hello, I recently upgraded my laptop (E6430 Latitude) manually from 1803 to 1809. After some days I decided to purchase a new solid state drive, so I used a migration tool (Samsung Data Migration) to copy my system in order to avoid clean format.

Everything seen to be fine, but one day when I left the computer on for 15~20 mins , after I returned when I moved the cursor everything was so "buggy". The cursor itself was moving slowly and everything I was trying to click reacted with some delay. After I let the computer for 1-2 mins it returns to normal state. So I'm confused. Did something went wrong with the migration process or the new upgrade to 1809 created this problem...!?

Things I have already tried:

• sfc /scannow
    • windows troubleshoot in all areas from Settings
    • deep scan ram
    • remove all Default Microsoft drivers with Dells from website
    • remove all Dells drivers with Microsoft defaults
    • search for new drivers from device manager

I really don't know what to do... I'm ready for clean format...

Thanks in advance Windows 10 freeze after idle :)

:)

Evangelos Stergiopoulos, Mar 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 freezes/deadlocks after being left idle for a few minutes

I have done all of what you suggested, and it still freezes when idle for a few minutes. I have just performed a 1 hour + download. Five minutes later, while the computer was idle, Windows 10 froze.

Bill Nettles, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 freeze after idle

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 freeze after idle

1. Windows 10 freeze after idle - Similar Threads - freeze idle

2. My PC keeps freezing, Task manager shows my RAM at 99% even when idle or watching a simple...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps freezing, Task manager shows my RAM at 99% even when idle or watching a simple...: I Upgraded to Windows 11 a couple of months ago and am having issues with my PC freezing randomly, It happens when I'm barley using the PC such as looking for files, when I'm playing games after they were running fine and when I'm browsing with only a few tabs open less than...
  3. My PC keeps freezing, Task manager shows my RAM at 99% even when idle or watching a simple...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keeps freezing, Task manager shows my RAM at 99% even when idle or watching a simple...: I Upgraded to Windows 11 a couple of months ago and am having issues with my PC freezing randomly, It happens when I'm barley using the PC such as looking for files, when I'm playing games after they were running fine and when I'm browsing with only a few tabs open less than...
  4. Random screen freezes in idle time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random screen freezes in idle time: Good day, on backup laptop I struggle with an UI annoyance after upgrading to 23H2, the screen partially freezes after about 10 minutes receiving no user input. The screen still shows mouse pointer moves but windows and controls don't update to any changes on user actions....
  5. Random screen freezes in idle time

Random screen freezes in idle time: Good day, on backup laptop I struggle with an UI annoyance after upgrading to 23H2, the screen partially freezes after about 10 minutes receiving no user input. The screen still shows mouse pointer moves but windows and controls don't update to any changes on user actions....
  6. My pc freezes mostly in idle state and nothing work and sometimes screen flash randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc freezes mostly in idle state and nothing work and sometimes screen flash randomly: Hello , my name is PayamIn last two month my pc got freeze and screen flashing randomly . and i have to force restart pc by hardware reset button. but in heavy duties like render or gaming there is no problem at all. it happens mostly in idle state or web browsing or...
  7. My pc freezes mostly in idle state and nothing work and sometimes screen flash randomly

My pc freezes mostly in idle state and nothing work and sometimes screen flash randomly: Hello , my name is PayamIn last two month my pc got freeze and screen flashing randomly . and i have to force restart pc by hardware reset button. but in heavy duties like render or gaming there is no problem at all. it happens mostly in idle state or web browsing or...
  8. My pc freezes mostly in idle state and nothing work and sometimes screen flash randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds: Hello,I use a Dell XPS 15 computer that runs Windows 10; the device is pretty new less than three years old and as far as i am aware, everything is up-to-date.I utilize a lot of software programs such as Maya, Blender, Adobe products, ect, and up until recently, all of these...
  10. Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds: Hello,I use a Dell XPS 15 computer that runs Windows 10; the device is pretty new less than three years old and as far as i am aware, everything is up-to-date.I utilize a lot of software programs such as Maya, Blender, Adobe products, ect, and up until recently, all of these...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer laptop keep freezing when left idle

2. windows 10 freezes after idle

3. windows 10 version 1903 screen freezes when idle 2019

4. windows 10 computer freeze only when idle