Windows 10: Windows 10 freeze (AMD drivers)

Discus and support Windows 10 freeze (AMD drivers) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! First of all I apologize in advance for my English. So, few days ago my pc (a clevo notebook) suddenly got stuck during a gaming session... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Valerio93, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Valerio93 Win User

Windows 10 freeze (AMD drivers)

Hello! First of all I apologize in advance for my English.

So, few days ago my pc (a clevo notebook) suddenly got stuck during a gaming session (with a pretty light game) and the only thing that I could do was shut it down through the power button.

After that, whenever I tried to reboot the pc, I always got a black screen after windows logo and, again,I could only switch it off through power button.

Only safe mode seemed to work properly, and it was also impossible to restore Windows because it got frozen during the process.

So I decided to clean reinstall Windows through a usb, deleting all disk partitions.

After that, Windows booted normally, but when it tried to automatically install my dedicated GPU driver (AMD) it got stuck again with the same issue.

I provided a new clean install, I didn't connect my pc to internet and I manually installed all drivers, including Intel integrated GPU, and everything worked properly, but when I tried to install my GPU drivers again, during the process my pc stopped responding.

I noticed that when this problem happen it seems like my HDD is not working anymore (when it is reading or writing something I have a blue light flashing on my notebook case)

I don't think that it is my GPU fault, because with the basic Microsoft driver all works pretty good and I tested my HDD.

At the end I was able to install all drivers except my GPU.

Ah I tried to install drivers in safe mode, but the AMD installation program said that it could not recognize my hardware.

I thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

:)

Valerio93, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Windows 10 & AMD Drivers - Causes machine freezing

We appreciate the steps that you've provided. We understand that the AMD Crimson package works better than the generic VGA driver, especially with 3D based gaming and advanced applications that requires high end graphic drivers. We recommend that you use
    the AMD Crimson package for the mean time as we've already reported this concern to our developers.

If you have a spare time, kindly share us your thoughts about Windows 10 through our Feedback Hub so we can consider your suggestion as an additional feature to add up to our future updates. Our developers are working hard to provide better features on Windows
    10. To send a suggestion for this application, follow the steps below:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.
    • Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like Redirection Tools link>).

Feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 freeze (AMD drivers)

AMD Driver for Windows 10 not Functioning

Hi,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing problems with AMD Drivers.

Please follow the steps given below to resolve this issue.

Uninstall and Reinstall the AMD
    Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the AMDDrivers.

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the AMDDrivers from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”.
    On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    AMDDrivers and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 freeze (AMD drivers)

1. Windows 10 freeze (AMD drivers) - Similar Threads - freeze AMD drivers

2. Windows and AMD driver causes laptop to freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows and AMD driver causes laptop to freeze: Windows 10 keep getting stuck for few seconds which is annoying .Best guess either windows 10 update or AMD Radeon R5 graphics driver.Issue started with Windows 10 update...
  3. Windows and AMD driver causes laptop to freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and AMD driver causes laptop to freeze: Windows 10 keep getting stuck for few seconds which is annoying .Best guess either windows 10 update or AMD Radeon R5 graphics driver.Issue started with Windows 10 update...
  4. Windows and AMD driver causes laptop to freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. AMD DRIVERS FAILING WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD DRIVERS FAILING WINDOWS 10: A few days ago i was playing a game and my computer cut to black and on boot up showed 'automatic repair' i trouble shot the PC with every available option and tried every fix online. I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows and noticed it would only crash when...
  6. AMD Driver for PC on Windows 10

AMD Driver for PC on Windows 10: Hello Please can anyone help? I am on PC & running Windows 10. I am trying to use my graphics card for gaming minecraft etc but am not able to. I believe we should be able to change the graphics card being used, from the internal one to the discrete one by going to...
  7. Mouse lagging, freezing with AMD driver

Mouse lagging, freezing with AMD driver: I updated my AMD based laptop to latest version of driver Adrenalin 2020 and mouse lagging or stutter appeared and i can't get rid of it. I read in some article that's i should disable HDCP but unfortunately there's no a such thing in my driver setting I tried to install...
  8. Installing amd drivers freezes my laptop

Installing amd drivers freezes my laptop: My laptop is hp Pavilion g6, i7-3632qm, 6 Gb RAM igpu is intel HD 4000 and dgpu is Radeon 7670m. After upgrading windows 8.1 to 10, the laptop doesn't detect the AMD GPU and freezes whenever at 54% when installing the drivers. I also did a clean reformat to windows 10 but...
  9. Windows 10 & AMD Drivers - Causing Machine Freezing and Unusable

Windows 10 & AMD Drivers - Causing Machine Freezing and Unusable: I have a number of laptops Dell with AMD APUs. The latest updates to Windows forces a driver update to the AMD R4 video cards installed in these devices. This causes the system to freeze every few seconds. If you move a mouse cursor around, it will stop responding every 2-3...
  10. Windows 10 Freeze with buzzing sound: AMD Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 Freeze with buzzing sound: AMD Driver: Hi guys, i have a problem, i have windows 10 x64, and when i watch on YouTube my pc do some freeze with buzzing sound for 2 seconds, this process is repeated after 2 hours approximately, sometimes my AMD client do some crash, when this happened my pc work fine without...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc freeze every start up after installing amd radeon software

2. ati 2600hd catalyst freezing

3. radeon adrenaline computer freezes during installation

4. windows 10 freezes on startup after graphics card drivers,
  5. windows 10 amd driver freeze,
  6. game bar crashes driver amd 64 vega,
  7. windows 10 freezes amd radeon driver,
  8. windows 10 freezing with installing drivers,
  9. amd driver installation freeze,
  10. laptop recoverytools softwares latest 2019 except drivers windows 10 32 bit,
  11. amd driver install freezes,
  12. screen freezes when i sign out of a user windows 10 2019,
  13. screen repeatdly frezzes on windows 10 after install amd adreniline software on hp laptop,
  14. win 10 freeze amd driver,
  15. windows 10 amd graphics card crashing on game startup 2019