Windows 10: Windows 10 Freeze and Peripherals Are Unresponsive After Leaving Lock Screen On For A Long Time

Discus and support Windows 10 Freeze and Peripherals Are Unresponsive After Leaving Lock Screen On For A Long Time in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I just recently built my PC. I actually have no crashing issue while I have been using it. I've definitely used it for 5+ hours straight with no... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by shinryux666, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Freeze and Peripherals Are Unresponsive After Leaving Lock Screen On For A Long Time

So I just recently built my PC. I actually have no crashing issue while I have been using it. I've definitely used it for 5+ hours straight with no issue. However, once night time comes, I am going to lock my computer and turn off my main display (I have 3, so the one in the middle). This has happened multiple times, but I would come back from work and turn on the main display. I would hit enter on my keyboard and expect the PIN prompt to show up but it doesn't. The mouse is no responding and neither is the keyboard. Both light up, but when I unplug them and plug them back in, they don't light up anymore. I tried to plug in a different mouse to see if it would respond and it doesn't. I ended up having to restart the computer. Please tell me what to do and not just "always turn off your computer when you are not using"

:)

shinryux666, Aug 4, 2019
  2. DanielYX Win User

Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Taukonza Win User
    Windows 10 stuck at lock screen for a long time

The whole thing started to appear around 3 days ago. The problem is that everytime I boot, windows 10 stays on a weird lock screen without any buttons for a long long time. There are just 4 icons in the bottom right corner (shut down, accesibility, ethernet...) It sometimes manages to get to desktop, and sometimes not. Not sure what caused it, could be a recent windows update, not sure tho. I ran some HDD scans and everything turned out fine, also did a registry cleanup, tried disabling lock screen, and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions or solutions?

Taukonza, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 Freeze and Peripherals Are Unresponsive After Leaving Lock Screen On For A Long Time

windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Freeze and Peripherals Are Unresponsive After Leaving Lock Screen On For A Long Time

1. Windows 10 Freeze and Peripherals Are Unresponsive After Leaving Lock Screen On For A Long Time - Similar Threads - Freeze Peripherals Are

2. Long Standing Peripheral Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Long Standing Peripheral Issue: Hello, I am making this post in an effort to resolve a long standing issue that I have had between 4 different custom built PCs.The issue pertains to the feeling of the mouse itself, the ultimate goal of this post is to directly solve that issue, but this post in particular...
  3. Screen freezes and peripherals don’t work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen freezes and peripherals don’t work: Last night my screen froze and my peripherals will not function, the lights on my keyboard will not work and my wireless mouse wont connect to the dongle on the pc. I shut it off because it was late and i was very tired i did a force shut down. I woke up this morning hoping...
  4. Windows lock screen unresponsive

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows lock screen unresponsive: When I leave my PC I lock it with Windows Key + L. Then, when I come back, I tap a key on my keyboard to resume display output. My computer is not set to go to sleep, but the display turns off when it is locked. The screen turns on to show the lock screen. I can move my mouse...
  5. THE PERIPHERALS ARE NOT WORKING IN THE LOCK SCREEN AFTER RESETTING

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    THE PERIPHERALS ARE NOT WORKING IN THE LOCK SCREEN AFTER RESETTING: Recently, four days back I installed a new OS windows 10 pro in my desktop pc. One day ago, I gave the pc to reset cause it crashed for two times while installing a antivirus application. Then when it booted again it didnt made to the windows lock screen, instead of that the...
  6. Lock screen unresponsive

Lock screen unresponsive: When i first turn on my computer the lockscreen shows up, the one that slides uo to reveal the page where I am supposed to enter my password, that slide up screen is completely unresponsive, the touch screen won't do anything, neither will my keyboard or mouse, the screen...
  7. Lock Screen Is Laggy and Unresponsive

Lock Screen Is Laggy and Unresponsive: My lock screen is laggy and only wallpaper of lock screen is shown for many minutes. Then after some minutes, it responds. But it takes a lot of time! Sometimes it doesn't respond, the only option left with me then is to remove the battery and start it again! But I can't...
  8. Having Screen Time Restrictions After Leaving Family.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Having Screen Time Restrictions After Leaving Family.: I just purchased a new laptop and set it up using my hotmail address. However when I went to finish the setup and start using my new PC, the time restriction pops up stating that I need to wait until tomorrow at 5:00pm. So a few minutes later I left my Microsoft family and...
  9. Black screen after win10 update, all peripherals unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after win10 update, all peripherals unresponsive: I installed win10 updates last night. I now only get a black monitor which immediately goes to sleep. My keyboard and mouse are also non responsive. I have an optical mouse connected via usb and it appears to be dead as no light is on on the underside. When I turn the cpu off...
  10. Windows 10 stuck at lock screen for a long time

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck at lock screen for a long time: The whole thing started to appear around 3 days ago. The problem is that everytime I boot, windows 10 stays on a weird lock screen without any buttons for a long long time. There are just 4 icons in the bottom right corner (shut down, accesibility, ethernet...) It sometimes...