Windows 10: Windows 10 Freeze and Reboot on its own

Discus and support Windows 10 Freeze and Reboot on its own in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 will freeze, usually playing a game, and the computer reboots and all seems well for a while. What can I do to stop this ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Norrie Ds, May 13, 2019.

1. Norrie Ds Win User

Windows 10 Freeze and Reboot on its own

Windows 10 will freeze, usually playing a game, and the computer reboots and all seems well for a while. What can I do to stop this ?

:)

Norrie Ds, May 13, 2019

2. reboot/freeze problem

my computer runs fine for about 20-30 minutes and then reboots/freezes(sometime it reboots, sometimes it freezes)
    i have an evga 680i A1 board, 4x1gig xms2 dhx, q6600, 2x8800ultra's, 2x150gb raptors, pci-e wireless n card.

i have tried running the computer at stock speeds and voltages and have the same problem, so it's not an overclock issue.

it seems to be a software problem. but where do i start? the computer run @3.6ghz can run all night(9hours) orthos stable, but when im using it, it locks up every 20-30 minutes.

any suggestions?

Fitseries3, May 13, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Freeze and Reboot on its own

Windows freezes on the revolving circle upon reboot

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• What happens if you do not restart when the blue circle freezes?
    • Does the freeze happen only during reboot?

For now, I suggest that you place your computer in Safe Mode and reboot your computer and check if you still experience the freeze. To log into Safe Mode refer to the article provided in the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If you get the same symptoms in this mode as well, then I suggest that you check if you hard drive has any errors. To do so follow the steps below

1. Open This PC and then navigate to c: drive.

2. Right click on the drive and select Properties.

3. Then click on the Tools tab and under Error Checking
    click on Check.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Freeze and Reboot on its own

1. Windows 10 Freeze and Reboot on its own - Similar Threads - Freeze Reboot own

2. PC rebooting on its own ! Erros in event log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC rebooting on its own ! Erros in event log: Hi! My pc screen goes black all of a sudden then either I have to force restart by pressing power button or sometimes it restarts itself . There are bugcheck errors in eventlog. I can't figure out the issue. Can you help. I have given the link of MEMORY.DMP file...
  3. PC reboots on its own at random.

PC reboots on its own at random.: This problem did not happen the first for me as it was a persistant problem for about 2 months and stopped for about one month after an update which I cannot really remember which update it was. However now this problem has returned and is happening way more frequently. So...
  4. Laptop reboots on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop reboots on its own: I'm using a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10. It goes to sleep when I close the laptop. Occasionally but not consistently it will not wake up properly, and it requires a reboot to use it. I am unsure where to look to correct this situation. Any ideas? John...
  5. Computer Reboots randomly on its own

Computer Reboots randomly on its own: The System Event Viewer says: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8023b7fd6b7, 0xfffff58ce809e3d8, 0xffffa280bdd63920. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  6. Windows reboots on its own on weak computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows reboots on its own on weak computer: Greetings, Since the end of the last year, the windows on my mother's PC started to reboot by itself. Especially while watching videos through chrome browser. I tried to reinstall the windows using the same .iso file I used for reinstalling windows on my laptop, but the...
  7. My windows won't reboot on its own

My windows won't reboot on its own: Hie guys, I own an Inspiron 3567 7th gen i5 laptop computer. Lately I've been having trouble with installing my graphics driver as its crashing my PC, per advice from Microsoft I performed a system restore and installed all my drivers barring the video driver from Dell Tech...
  8. PC keeps freezing then restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC keeps freezing then restarting on its own: Hi, I've had this issue for a while and I don't know what's causing it, at first I used to think this issue comes up whenever I play online games but eventually it just happens randomly. I formatted my PC and the issue persisted, I tried to run diagnostics and see if my RAM...
  9. My PC Keeps Freezing on Its Own!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC Keeps Freezing on Its Own!: My Windows 10 PC keeps freezing on its own while I'm doing my session, and I don't know how to fix that problem without turning off the computer and turning it back on! How am I supposed to fix that problem without turning off the computer and turning it back on?...
  10. Windows 10 kernel power, PC reboots on its own

Windows 10 kernel power, PC reboots on its own: Hello; I am have a new PC with latest windows 10. In the last week, the PC rebooted on its own 2 times. I have power battery protection and power surge protection. And in both cases, we did not lose power here. The processor is intel i7-8086k at 4.00 GHZ, 64 bit...