Windows 10: Windows 10 freeze, BSOD, flickering cursor, defender won't open

Discus and support Windows 10 freeze, BSOD, flickering cursor, defender won't open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi A few days ago, my Windows10 PC started freezing rught before the login window. I had to manually shutdown and restart to get to the login window.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MouldyWriter2, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 freeze, BSOD, flickering cursor, defender won't open

Hi

A few days ago, my Windows10 PC started freezing rught before the login window. I had to manually shutdown and restart to get to the login window. After this, i saw BSOD a couple of times and now windows defender is not opening. Upon clicking it tge cursor just flickers. I have tried the solutions posted on tge community for each of these problems but the flicker problem persists. Please help!

Thanks!

:)

MouldyWriter2, Apr 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 11, 2019
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 freeze, BSOD, flickering cursor, defender won't open

I cannot open Windows Defender Security Center -- I get a flickering wheel by my mouse cursor when I try.

Hi, I have a new (to me) Dell 7040 Optiplex SFF running Windows 10 Home.

I very recently reinstalled the operating system (twice). However, I am still getting "freezes" across different applications. Applications regularly freeze for about 15-25 seconds.

I had ResMon running and saw that MsMpEng.exe is continually writing a constant amount to my SSD. About 450,000 B/sec. This is Windows Defender.

I want to see what happens if I turn it off for a spell. However, I am unable to do this.

I can go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security.

But when I try clicking on "open Windows Defender Security Center", nothing opens at all.

HOWEVER, my mouse cursor gets a Blue Wheel that flickers on and off rapidly. It is basically blinking. This effect persists until I restart my computer.

What is going on? Any ideas or suggestions?

NathanFirefly, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 freeze, BSOD, flickering cursor, defender won't open

1. Windows 10 freeze, BSOD, flickering cursor, defender won't open - Similar Threads - freeze BSOD flickering

2. Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled BSOD Display Flickers and Freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled BSOD Display Flickers and Freezes: Hello,I have a Acer Predator Helios 300 2018 model with gtx 1060 and i7 7850H. My laptop has been running fine untill recently. For couple of weeks when ever I play any games Currently playing Metro Exodus non RTX after 5 min screen flickers and my pc freezes. I have to hard...
  3. Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled BSOD Display Flickers and Freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled BSOD Display Flickers and Freezes: Hello,I have a Acer Predator Helios 300 2018 model with gtx 1060 and i7 7850H. My laptop has been running fine untill recently. For couple of weeks when ever I play any games Currently playing Metro Exodus non RTX after 5 min screen flickers and my pc freezes. I have to hard...
  4. Windows Defender won't open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender won't open: Lately, I have had so many issues with my Surface Pro X, to the point I want to smash it against the ground. I must have reset my PC about a dozen times with all the issues I encountered with their newest updates. Anyways, the issue I am encountering is Windows Defender will...
  5. Windows 10 Cursor Freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Cursor Freezing: Hi, so recently I started having issues with my mouse, where the cursor stops working while playing games or really doing anything. I'll be in the middle of something, when all of a sudden my mouse stops working. The mouse won't start working again unless a slide it around...
  6. Cursor flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor flickering: My cursor is flickering like crazy. I'm running Windows 10, latest updates installed. I'm on a Lenovo laptop, but I don't know the model. I've already tested multiple mice. To be more specific, the cursor disappears completely when I'm not moving it. When using a mouse and...
  7. Windows Defender Won't Open

Windows Defender Won't Open: Hello! Just a quick question for the community. I have ran into a problem with Windows Defender. When I go to Settings > Windows Security, I can't open Windows Defender. All it says is that "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender." I've looked over the forum and...
  8. Cursor won't stop freezing/lagging in Windows 10

Cursor won't stop freezing/lagging in Windows 10: My cursor won't stop glitching in Windows 10 Version 1903. My laptop is an HP Pavilion Gaming 15 series (https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-cx0000-laptop-pc/20284020/model/22909994). It just started today. Occasionally, I'll just be using...
  9. Cursor is flickering

Cursor is flickering: Please help me with the following issue. My cursor starts flickering when I try to copy paste so I receive a screenshot of all my laptop screen instead of the text I want to copy paste. When the cursor is flickering, I am unable to use Ctrl +C and Ctrl+v buttons but if I...
  10. Windows Defender won't open

Windows Defender won't open: Hello, I have recently bought a new PC for gaming. I updated all drivers for windows and all updates. While looking I tried to open windows defender dashboard. Once I clicked it I just got the loading icon on my mouse and nothing ever opened. I can see it is turned on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp pavilion gaming 15-cx0000 display problem flicker

2. cursor flickering and wont stop