Windows 10: Windows 10 Freeze/Crash after Cold Boot

Discus and support Windows 10 Freeze/Crash after Cold Boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having these problem for a couple of weeks now and it is very consistent. Everyday when II turn the computer for the first time it always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hendhyhutomo, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Freeze/Crash after Cold Boot

I have been having these problem for a couple of weeks now and it is very consistent.

Everyday when II turn the computer for the first time it always crashes after 1 few minutes consistently and after I hard reset it, it runs fine.
    So far I have tried the following method I found on the internet:
    1. Clean up the computer
    2. Disable Fast Startup

3. Update Drivers

4. Malware Check

5. RAM test and Hard Drive Test shows no issue with MEMtest86.

Upon checking event viewer, I always get these critical error:

Event 6008: Event Log

The previous system shutdown at 11:33:54 on ‎24/‎10/‎2020 was unexpected.

Event 41, Kernel-Power

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

The Memory DMP never diagnoses the COLD BOOT error, so these leaves me clueless.

TBH, It is a fairly old computer with X58A-UD3R and intel i7 950 @ 3.07GHz with GTX 970. But I still have some work on it and I am trying to make it stable so that I can give it to my cousins it runs some games just fine. It might also be a hardware problem in which I am trying to pinpoint which hardware is the cause so that I can replace it. Sadly I do not have spare hardware to just test and replace. I really need help in getting these computer to run smoothly

:)

hendhyhutomo, Oct 24, 2020

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 24, 2020
  3. mrhuggles Win User
    Vista 32bit crash on cold boot

my vista 32 crashes on cold boot during the booting screen [the one with the little bits of dots that go in a loop]

it only does it on cold boots, never ever ever warm boots, and every single cold boot, is there a place in the registry where actions are performed "only on cold boots"?

mrhuggles, Oct 24, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Windows 10 Freeze/Crash after Cold Boot

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Freeze/Crash after Cold Boot

1. Windows 10 Freeze/Crash after Cold Boot - Similar Threads - Freeze Crash Cold

2. Windows 10 freezes on boot screen. This only happens from a cold boot and only after...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 freezes on boot screen. This only happens from a cold boot and only after...: Windows 10 freezes on boot screen with rotating wait symbol. This only happens from a cold boot. It has only started this behaviour after enabling secure boot. Pressing reset on the computer case causes the machine to boot normally. Using CHKDSK finds no errors, Using SFC...
  3. Windows 10 freezes on boot screen. This only happens from a cold boot and only after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes on boot screen. This only happens from a cold boot and only after...: Windows 10 freezes on boot screen with rotating wait symbol. This only happens from a cold boot. It has only started this behaviour after enabling secure boot. Pressing reset on the computer case causes the machine to boot normally. Using CHKDSK finds no errors, Using SFC...
  4. Windows 10 freezes on boot screen. This only happens from a cold boot and only after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows firewall crashes on cold boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows firewall crashes on cold boot: Hi, recently i've seen some issues with windows firewall crashing on cold boot and with that RDP fails to connect to servers. Although the issue is gone when reboot is done. And when the issue is ongoing, trying to open windows firewall settings from control panel also...
  6. Black screen after cold boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after cold boot: After a cold boot I get a black screen with no mouse pointer. The computer powers up and the monitor comes on but the manufacturer's logo doesn't show and nothing else appears. After repeatedly powering off (holding power button down) and retrying 5 or 6 times it eventually...
  7. Problems after cold boot today.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after cold boot today.: Hello, i've recently just had a couple unusual problems today after i started my computer from a shut down. The first thing that happened was a black screen with no hdmi signal a few minutes after logging in. The computer seemed operational but with just no graphics output....
  8. Cold Start Freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Cold Start Freeze: When performing a cold start, the windows logo appears but nothing happens. If I reboot (Hold in the start button) and wait a few seconds, then repress the start button, Windows-10 loads. Why is this? 24306
  9. Win 10 after a cold boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 after a cold boot: This happens when I power up the pc and it boots. The desktop appears, and when I click normally on an icon (a desktop shortcut) to open it, it doesn't open. Instead I get the menu that I would get if I had right-clicked on the icon. If I open it from there, there are...
  10. Windows 10 Home Will Not Cold Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home Will Not Cold Boot: I upgraded my Dell Inspiron 3521 laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Everything went fine until about a week later when I could no longer cold boot. I'd get the Windows logo and the spinning dots, but Windows would never load. I'd manually turn the power on and off several...