Windows 10: Windows 10 Freeze on startup

Discus and support Windows 10 Freeze on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This happened on my Alienware 17 2014 laptop Just yesterday I had A problem with updating my Nvidia 860M graphics card driver, as I got an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OllieVader, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Freeze on startup

This happened on my Alienware 17 2014 laptop

Just yesterday I had A problem with updating my Nvidia 860M graphics card driver, as I got an error message that stated that my Windows version is incompatible, however I was running the latest version so that shouldnt be a problem, I then found A different site to install an older version of The drive just new enough for me to launch star wars battlefront 2.

However this morning when I turned on my pc and waited for it to start, it was running very slowly, until it got to the that although my mouse was moving, nothing desktop, taskbar, open windows didnt react to it. So I held The power button for 5 seconds to turn it off. Upon turn on attempt once The producer logo Alienware appeared it and went on to the Windows logo the loading dots froze after one second. After reboot same thing happened. I wasnt able to launch safe mode, as well as it freezing on the "preparing automatic repair" screen. I noticed that every time The circle froze A couple seconds before that the HDD flickering light turned off completely. I attempted various boots through The boot menu ect. F2, F12, nothing. I even got a Windows 10 installation on pendrive, still nothing, same freeze.

What i found strange is that after running A Full hardware diagnostic sam everything showed to be working properly. I know its an old computer now, but i really believe this is fixable.

:)

OllieVader, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jan 15, 2021
  4. InhexSTER Win User

Windows 10 Freeze on startup

PowerDVD 9 freezes on startup for 10 seconds

My problem is that my PowerDVD 9 freezes whole system for 5-10 seconds while starting. It happens on my HD monitor Samsung 240HD. But when I connect 40 inch 720p tv it works great. Please, can u suggest what the problem or give some link to fix.

InhexSTER, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Freeze on startup

1. Windows 10 Freeze on startup - Similar Threads - Freeze startup

2. pc freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc freezes after startup: My pc freezes after startup. Once pc starts up and is ready to log in, it will freeze. holding the power button and turning it back on makes it work fine after. Ive tried running startup repair but I always get the prompt " C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ". Ive...
  3. pc freezes after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc freezes after startup: My pc freezes after startup. Once pc starts up and is ready to log in, it will freeze. holding the power button and turning it back on makes it work fine after. Ive tried running startup repair but I always get the prompt " C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ". Ive...
  4. pc freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freezes after startup: My pc freezes after startup. Once pc starts up and is ready to log in, it will freeze. holding the power button and turning it back on makes it work fine after. Ive tried running startup repari but I always get the prompt " C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ". Ive...
  5. Application Freezing on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Freezing on Startup: Greetings, I'm encountering a frustrating issue where one of my essential applications freezes every time I attempt to launch it. This problem started occurring suddenly without any recent changes to my system. I've tried reinstalling the application and updating my operating...
  6. Application Freezing on Startup

Application Freezing on Startup: Greetings, I'm encountering a frustrating issue where one of my essential applications freezes every time I attempt to launch it. This problem started occurring suddenly without any recent changes to my system. I've tried reinstalling the application and updating my operating...
  7. How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?: I’m currently on the most updated version of Windows 11 I’ve been dealing with a problem of mine for over a week now. It started off with my PC not booting to windows properly and beginning the automatic repair, so I would simply restart my PC and everything would be fine....
  8. How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?

How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?: I’m currently on the most updated version of Windows 11 I’ve been dealing with a problem of mine for over a week now. It started off with my PC not booting to windows properly and beginning the automatic repair, so I would simply restart my PC and everything would be fine....
  9. PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode: As said pc freezes up about 3/4 minutes into a login session, temps according to icue are all fine, no updates installed recently and no logs in event viewer, got new ssd coming tommorow and will attempt to install windows but it's just strange...
  10. PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode

PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode: As said pc freezes up about 3/4 minutes into a login session, temps according to icue are all fine, no updates installed recently and no logs in event viewer, got new ssd coming tommorow and will attempt to install windows but it's just strange...