Windows 10: windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again

Discus and support windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I use my PC for work, usually have Microsoft Edge with 20-30 tabs5-10 active tabs and Word, my PC randomly freezes. The keyboard and mouse are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Epsilon133, Aug 5, 2022.

1. windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again

When I use my PC for work, usually have Microsoft Edge with 20-30 tabs5-10 active tabs and Word, my PC randomly freezes. The keyboard and mouse are not responsive and Ctrl-Alt-delete or ESC are not working, the screen froze at the last thing on the screen.No black screen, no BSOD. I have to force shutdown and power on again. This happens 2-3 times/week but has become more frequent recently.I am using Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, OS build 19044.1826,Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0.My laptop is HP omen ax-201tx.CPU Intel Core i7-7700HQ RAM 8.00 GB. SSD 256+HDD1TBSolution I ha

:)

Epsilon133, Aug 5, 2022

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Aug 5, 2022
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Aug 5, 2022
  4. monksalve Win User

windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again

Complete Freeze - Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task 63

Managed to solve this.

Seems like I had a couple issues. The power supply was on the fritz and C-States needed to be turned off in the bios.

I went through all the steps listed on this thread by @mileskb
    Windows 10 freezes randomly

I did change some of the power management settings in windows, but I had tried that before without results. It might have been a combination of C-States and power management.

monksalve, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again

1. windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again - Similar Threads - freeze randomly force

2. windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again: When I use my PC for work, usually have Microsoft Edge with 20-30 tabs5-10 active tabs and Word, my PC randomly freezes. The keyboard and mouse are not responsive and Ctrl-Alt-delete or ESC are not working, the screen froze at the last thing on the screen.No black screen, no...
  3. windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again: When I use my PC for work, usually have Microsoft Edge with 20-30 tabs5-10 active tabs and Word, my PC randomly freezes. The keyboard and mouse are not responsive and Ctrl-Alt-delete or ESC are not working, the screen froze at the last thing on the screen.No black screen, no...
  4. Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10 pro latest build! a few months ago I upgraded my ram by adding an extra 8gb beside my original 4gbnot removable ram. everything was fine for a few days but since then my laptop freezes randomly became unusable like an screenshot...
  5. Randomly Freezes Again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Randomly Freezes Again: Im not going to use broken laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 3 If this doesnt fix im going to use Linux or Mac i dont care i want my 500 euros back! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/randomly-freezes-again/a413412e-b15c-4c61-ab38-d3dce24d93a0
  6. Windows randomly freezing and not responding, having to force shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows randomly freezing and not responding, having to force shutdown: From yesterday, my laptop has been freezing at any random moment and I am having to force the laptop to shut down by pressing the power button. Whenever this happens I have noticed that the light on the laptop that shows disk activity goes completely off. (I have attached an...
  7. Laptop freezes out of the blue, have to force shutdown and reboot!

Laptop freezes out of the blue, have to force shutdown and reboot!: Hello MS Community I've been facing a freezing issue on my Dell Inspiron 5567 purchased in June 2017 - Windows 10. It started about a month ago in August 2020 when I noticed thatafter extended idle periods the display would be totally unresponsive, although music would...
  8. Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart

Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart: My computer randomly freezes causing me to have to force a shutdown or restart. There is no malware and I've tried disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome. I noticed this started happening after the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter was removed in version 1809. My NVIDIA...
  9. Windows 10 random freezes forced restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 random freezes forced restart: Hi, I've recently upgraded from 7 ultimate to 10 pro and in game/rendering my PC randomly freezes, the keyboard and mouse will not work so i have to restart the system. PC specs: fx 6350 MSI 970a-g46 Sapphire R7 260x 2gb 16 GB ram ddr3 corsair 1600 MHz Thermaltake...
  10. Windows 10- have to force shutdown via power button

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10- have to force shutdown via power button: Windows 10 x64 Until a few days ago, my laptop used to shutdown ie hybrid quickly. Now, my laptop refuses to shutdown unless I use the power button to force a shutdown. I have checked to see whether it was because of an update, but this is not the case. I have run...