Windows 10: Windows 10 Freeze

Discus and support Windows 10 Freeze in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Hopefully someone can help with this nightmare. My PC has suddenly starting freezing and becoming totally unresponsive, forcing me to press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OliverHarris1983, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Freeze

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help with this nightmare. My PC has suddenly starting freezing and becoming totally unresponsive, forcing me to press the power switch at which point it instantly shuts off, no press and hold needed. It usually happens in games, so far it's happened in Subnautica, No Man's Sky and Warhammer Total War 2, however it also happens whilst working occasionally.

The reliability monitor shows nothing, and I've recently cloned and replaced my HDD with an SDD, and attached a USB bluetooth dongle.

Solutions already tried -

- Increase virtual memory to x1.5 of my system ram

- Removed bluetooth usb dongle and all associated drivers

- Rolled back my graphics card driver

- Checked and confirmed my new SDD is connected to a SATA 3 port

Here's my system specs -

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DESKTOP-HKB8J16
    System Manufacturer MSI
    System Model MS-7977
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU Default string
    Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4008 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1.40, 02/09/2015
    SMBIOS Version 3.0
    Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    BIOS Mode Legacy
    BaseBoard Manufacturer MSI
    BaseBoard Product Z170A GAMING M5 MS-7977
    BaseBoard Version 1.0
    Platform Role Desktop
    Secure Boot State Unsupported
    PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United Kingdom
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.488"
    Username DESKTOP-HKB8J16\Oliver Harris
    Time Zone GMT Summer Time
    Installed Physical Memory RAM 32.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory 32.0 GB
    Available Physical Memory 27.0 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 36.8 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 31.6 GB
    Page File Space 4.87 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Kernel DMA Protection Off
    Virtualisation-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA-capable bus/devices detected, TPM is not usable
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware Yes
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Thanks

:)

OliverHarris1983, Sep 26, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Freeze

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Freeze

1. Windows 10 Freeze - Similar Threads - Freeze

2. Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang: I have ask this before but I can't find the thread. Anyway. Recently my computer been freezing at the log on screen every time I boot it up. This also happens with restarts. THe computer reaches the log on screen, the loading/thinking icon shows and the computer become...
  3. Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Log on freeze/hang: I have ask this before but I can't find the thread. Anyway. Recently my computer been freezing at the log on screen every time I boot it up. This also happens with restarts. THe computer reaches the log on screen, the loading/thinking icon shows and the computer become...
  4. Big system freeze everytime, help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big system freeze everytime, help: I got a big problem after installing TransculentTB, system was working normally for few days then it randomly started to freeze after few seconds. Looked like it repaired itself because today I could normally use pc. Then while playing a game, some error about microsoft...
  5. Big system freeze everytime, help

Big system freeze everytime, help: I got a big problem after installing TransculentTB, system was working normally for few days then it randomly started to freeze after few seconds. Looked like it repaired itself because today I could normally use pc. Then while playing a game, some error about microsoft...
  6. My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet: Hello, After a long time, I wanted to use a graphics tablet from XP-Pen, but after I started typing with it, my PC flashed about three times and then reported an error and restarted. The second attempt did the same. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?...
  7. My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet

My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet: Hello, After a long time, I wanted to use a graphics tablet from XP-Pen, but after I started typing with it, my PC flashed about three times and then reported an error and restarted. The second attempt did the same. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?...
  8. My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Pc keeps freezing randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps freezing randomly.: I tried all check lists .Change ram sticksRun different combinations of hardware.Remove and check them one by one . but the issue still persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-freezing-randomly/26f413cf-9456-41cf-9330-41d7cd976ee6
  10. Pc keeps freezing randomly.

Pc keeps freezing randomly.: I tried all check lists .Change ram sticksRun different combinations of hardware.Remove and check them one by one . but the issue still persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-freezing-randomly/26f413cf-9456-41cf-9330-41d7cd976ee6