Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes a few minutes after wake from sleep, requires hard reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes a few minutes after wake from sleep, requires hard reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Build 17134.472 When my notebook wakes up from sleep mode, it works normally for a few minutes, and then it completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SeanCB, Dec 21, 2018.

1. SeanCB Win User

Windows 10 freezes a few minutes after wake from sleep, requires hard reboot

Windows 10 Home

Version 1803

Build 17134.472

When my notebook wakes up from sleep mode, it works normally for a few minutes, and then it completely freezes - screen stays on, but the laptop does not respond to any keyboard or mouse inputs. There is no crash warning, no screens of death - just a static image of whatever I was doing. The computer needs to be force-rebooted by long-pressing the power button.

This happens approximately 50-60% of the time I wake the computer from sleep mode.

If the computer does not freeze within the first 4 or 5 minutes of waking from sleep, it won't freeze later. It will be 100% ok until the next sleep cycle, which then becomes a gamble to see if it freezes on wake or if it's ok again this time around.

This has never happened when booting from a total shutdown or restart - it only happens after waking from sleep.

I have not tested hibernate, but I am now changing all of my power settings to favour hibernate instead of sleep to see if it makes a difference.

This is extremely difficult to troubleshoot and there are not many discussions out there mentioning this issue. I'm hoping I'm not the only one and somebody can give me some ideas!

:)

SeanCB, Dec 21, 2018
  2. Todd626 Win User

Windows 10 hangs then freezes after waking from sleep

I have had the same computer with Windows 10 for almost a year when it automatically d/l the anniversary update. Since that update, when the computer wakes from sleep it will work for approx 5 minutes and then programs will begin to freeze. The mouse will
    function for another minute or two and then freeze as well. No BSOD or restart. Requires a hard restart. Happens 100% of the time when waking from sleep.

I have-

Updated all drivers

Reinstalled Windows 10

Changed power settings based on multiple other posts

Looking for ideas. Please don't say it's hardware. It worked perfectly until an hour after the Anniversary update in August and I've been scouring this board since with no success.

Todd626, Dec 21, 2018
  3. system freezes up in sleep mode

system freezes up in sleep mode, one monitor on and the other a sleep. Can not wake up system without hard reboot. Any suggestions?

SteveSchillinger, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Windows 10 freezes a few minutes after wake from sleep, requires hard reboot

Cannot wake up windows 10 from sleep without hard reboot?

windows puts computer to sleep then cannot wake it up with out a hard reboot?

charles.hartman2, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes a few minutes after wake from sleep, requires hard reboot

1. Windows 10 freezes a few minutes after wake from sleep, requires hard reboot - Similar Threads - freezes few minutes

2. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep: so i got an issue with windows 10every like 5 days when i open my laptop it has a black screen with a mouse cursor on itits completely frozen and i need to force reboot which is annoying...
  3. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep: so i got an issue with windows 10every like 5 days when i open my laptop it has a black screen with a mouse cursor on itits completely frozen and i need to force reboot which is annoying...
  4. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Desktop freezes for a few minutes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop freezes for a few minutes after waking from sleep: Upon waking, the computer is ok for a couple of minutes, and then freezes for a couple of minutes. Happens pretty much every time it wakes.The event logs list warnings that look like this:taskhostw 7484,D,0 WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file "C:\Users\Michael...
  6. Windows 10 Desktop freezes for a few minutes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Desktop freezes for a few minutes after waking from sleep: Upon waking, the computer is ok for a couple of minutes, and then freezes for a couple of minutes. Happens pretty much every time it wakes.The event logs list warnings that look like this:taskhostw 7484,D,0 WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file "C:\Users\Michael...
  7. Windows 10 Desktop freezes for a few minutes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 freezes completely after wake from sleep, requires hard reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes completely after wake from sleep, requires hard reboot: When my notebook wakes up from sleep mode, it works normally for a few minutes, and then it completely freezes - screen stays on, but the laptop does not respond to any keyboard or mouse inputs. There is no crash warning, no screens of death - just a static image of whatever...
  9. Hard freezing hard reboot required

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard freezing hard reboot required: Hi there, I recently upgraded my PC to: i7-8700k MSI Tomahawk G.Skill Trident 2x8GB 3200 Ever since I did the upgrade and fresh installed Windows 10 to my SSD, I've been having quite a few problems with this build, My computer sometimes maybe once a day hard freezes to the...
  10. Mouse is unresponsive for few minutes on Startup or Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse is unresponsive for few minutes on Startup or Wake from Sleep: I have a desktop PC with Core i3 and 4GB RAM. I have Logitech G400 mouse. Recently it has started acting extremely odd on startup or when the pc is woken up from sleep. The mouse will not respond for a period of 30 seconds to 5 minutes each time. The optical red sensor is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BIG-IP windows10 1809 sleep freeze

2. windows 10 freezes after wake on lan

3. pc wont wake up after sleep on win 10

4. ssd sleep in a few minutes,
  5. win 10 freezes after sleep,
  6. windows freezes after wakeup