Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes after 20 - 40 minutes after starting

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes after 20 - 40 minutes after starting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, my computer has been freezing up. Whenever this happens, all open programs refuse to respond, I cannot open any other files/folders/ etc.,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by billypod, Jul 8, 2020.

1. billypod Win User

Windows 10 freezes after 20 - 40 minutes after starting

Recently, my computer has been freezing up. Whenever this happens, all open programs refuse to respond, I cannot open any other files/folders/ etc., and I cannot use anything on the task bar, however I can still move my mouse.

If I play a game and have a few firefox or egde tabs open then it lasts 20 - 25 minutes before I have to restart. If I have a small program or a few documents open then it lasts 30 - 40 Minutes.

The only reasons that I can explain this is that my computers is 4 years old and I recently downloaded an antivirus program named Avast. As far as I know, Avast is a trustworthy program and i haven’t downloaded any unsafe files I’m not sure that Avast is the cause of this as this problem started 2 days after I installed it.

:)

billypod, Jul 8, 2020

2. Windows will freeze after 20 to 40 minutes of working

Ok I buyed a gaming computer like 3 months ago and when I open it everything is good but after 40 minutes of working on it or playing it actually freezes the display and shows a pop up This application is not working and a close and cancel button i try
    to press close but its loading cursor then i need to hard restart my computer my pc is Asus R510VX please help

VladutDobrescu, Jul 8, 2020
  3. battlefield 3 freezing after few minutes

Updated drivers, tried downclocking. After driver update, freezes after about a minute or two >.>
    Temps seem well within range.

speedy11131, Jul 8, 2020
  4. digishack Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar freezes every 10 to 20 Minutes

Hi,

My Windows 10 taskbar freezes every 10-20 minutes ie the clock freezes and I can't launch any programs. Windows explorer then restarts and everything is ok for another 10-20 minutes until it freezes again.

Microsoft recommended performing a clean boot so I did that but it didn't fix the problem. Under the clean boot, the task bar still freezes but restarts itself quite soon after freezing so it's a bit better
    but the problem is still there.

Any help would be much appreciated as this is pretty annoying.

Cheers

Dan

digishack, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 freezes after 20 - 40 minutes after starting - Similar Threads - freezes minutes starting

2. Computer have small freezes after 20 minutes usage - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer have small freezes after 20 minutes usage - Windows 10: Hi,it is about a week that my computer started to have small freezes while using. It will be working fine for ~20 minutes and then will start to have small freezes both audio and graphical. When I alt-tab from a fullscreen - borderless, i have black screen until i come back...
  3. Computer have small freezes after 20 minutes usage - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer have small freezes after 20 minutes usage - Windows 10: Hi,it is about a week that my computer started to have small freezes while using. It will be working fine for ~20 minutes and then will start to have small freezes both audio and graphical. When I alt-tab from a fullscreen - borderless, i have black screen until i come back...
  4. Computer have small freezes after 20 minutes usage - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  6. Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting.

Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting.: Hello, My Dell XPS 13 laptop was working a little bit slower than normal recently, and I saw that there was a couple of driver updates that needed to be completed so I clicked update and restart. However, it never restarted on its own. Eventually, I rebooted and it said...
  7. Pc freezes in 20 to 40 minutes of work

Pc freezes in 20 to 40 minutes of work: I have this pc since 2017 and it worked very well but I got a problem. My pc freezes and I cant move anything and when I force shut down it does it again help please...
  8. BSOD after 20 minutes

BSOD after 20 minutes: Hello, after building a new Skylake based Windows 10 64 bit machine to house my GPU with a friend (who does such things for a living) I am experiencing weird BSOD behaviour. The machine gets a BSOD after 20 minutes (irrespective of what I am doing at the moment) and...
  9. Crashes after open for 20-40 minutes. Reboots then BSOD.

Crashes after open for 20-40 minutes. Reboots then BSOD.: I got this laptop a few years ago, used. I've pretty much always had issues with it, but nothing that keeps me from using it. Normally I have to boot it into the BIOS and then start it from there, otherwise, I get a BSOD, 0xc000000e. But today it's started crashing after I...
  10. BSOD after 10-20 minutes of gaming

BSOD after 10-20 minutes of gaming: Hello, First of all,thanks for helping me.I`ve had this issue for a year now.I`ve tried memtest/CPU and GPU stress test.Everything was fine,temperature was ok. I included the required files. Thanks for your time, Alex UPDATE:GPU it`s fine and i`ve managed to fix it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc freezes after 30 minutes

2. pc hangs after 40 minutes