Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes after 30 mins

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes after 30 mins in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; About 3 weeks ago I did a clean install of Windows 10 Home with the media installation. Everything was going well until after 2 days and about half... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Airrow, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Airrow Win User

Windows 10 freezes after 30 mins

About 3 weeks ago I did a clean install of Windows 10 Home with the media installation.

Everything was going well until after 2 days and about half an hour after starting up windows, windows just freezes and can't do anything on the task bar.

Even hard resetting numerous times computer will be fine for about 30 mins and then the freeze repeats itself.

The only solution to this is doing another clean install, but it happens again in 2 days. It's been like that the past few weeks having to clean install like 4 times.

I've already done the PCI setting and turning it off as well as fixing the registry to remove windows store, yet it still doesn't work.

Also have done the sfc scan and no problems were shown. Any idea how I can fix this please? Thanks.

:)

Airrow, Apr 20, 2017

2. after install windows 10 my computer block

hello after update to windows 10 my computer blocked after start up the screen freezing and my keyboard not working or after 30 min / 1 h and need restart the computer again and again

Илия Златанов, Apr 20, 2017
  3. Windows 10 freezes every 10 to 30 mins

Hi What makes you think there's a simple way? You can't remember what you did just before the laptop froze?? You could try to run with a clean boot to see if a program is causing your problem.

If your PC is brand new and under warranty ,return it!

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

garybear89, Apr 20, 2017
  4. Windows 10 freezes after 30 mins

Welcome to the Forums Airrow!

Why in the world would you want to remove the Windows Store? Especially by going into your registry to do it?!? It does nothing but sit there until/unless you use it. Same goes for the PCI setting. Why? Why turn it off? Or change it............ What other "tweaks" have you done, if any? What kind of software do you have installed? I'm asking about "cleaning" or "Tweaking" software.

Have you ran a Memory test or a Disk Check?

Can you make a screenshot of your Reliability Monitor History and post it for us? It will give us a clue as to what is happening with your system. Some system spec.'s wouldn't hurt either.

indianacarnie, Apr 20, 2017
  5. Airrow Win User
    I was told in numerous YouTube videos to do that and to hopefully fully get rid of the freezing, obviously it didn't work..

Anyways those are the only tweakings I have done and the software I've downloaded are cc cleaner and malwarebytes.

Also, how do I do the things you mentioned above? The memory test/disk check? As well as the "Reliability Monitor History"?

And here are my system specs:

Windows 10 freezes after 30 mins [​IMG]

Airrow, Apr 21, 2017
  6. Stevekir Win User
    I had problems recently. Everything seemd to boot OK: Desktop appeared with all icons and those on the Task Bar. Mouse and pointer active and I could drag icons on the Desktop. But nothing happened when I tried to open a folder or an application. I tried everything: Macrium System Repair disk, Windows Backup and Restore's windowsimagefile. No change whatever. Various troubleshooting utilities in Windows. No effect. Eventually my computer shop scoured out the C drive (my SSD) and clean installed a new Windows 10. After the labour of reinstalling all my programs it is working well. My comp. shop and I agreed that Windows had got into a tizz for some reason.

I am investigating how to avoid this again and have a plan, and will no doubt ask some question in this forum when I know (or think I know) what I want to do to avoid loosiung command of the computer like that again.

Stevekir, Apr 21, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    @Stevekir - your problem isn't freezing, so should be posted as a separate thread, please.

Freezing: there will be no useful logs to inspect, in all probability.

1. Download and run the trial version of Hard Disk Sentinel. (Easy to find). This will assess your drive. Post the result.
    2. Is your RAM all of the same kind?
    3. Have you ever overclocked your PC - is it a desktop or a laptop?
    Your specs tell me very little except it may be an older PC (4Gb RAM).
    Compare my specs. (use Speccy, free, to complete these e.g.)
    4. Do a RAM test:
    4 Free Memory Test Programs (Updated April 2017)

dalchina, Apr 21, 2017
  8. Windows 10 freezes after 30 mins

indianacarnie, Apr 22, 2017
  9. Stevekir Win User
    1. Download and run the trial version of Hard Disk Sentinel. (Easy to find). This will assess your drive. Post the result. Will do.
    2. Is your RAM all of the same kind? Yes. Came with computer.
    3. Have you ever overclocked your PC - is it a desktop or a laptop? No. Desktop.
    Your specs tell me very little except it may be an older PC (4Gb RAM). New Lenovo bought in June 2016. 8 GB RAM (as in my spec).
    Compare my specs. (use Speccy, free, to complete these e.g.) Done.
    4. Do a RAM test: Will do.
    4 Free Memory Test Programs (Updated April 2017)

Thanks.

Stevekir, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes after 30 mins

1. Windows 10 freezes after 30 mins - Similar Threads - freezes mins

2. Computer freezing indefinitely after 30 mins or less of light use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing indefinitely after 30 mins or less of light use: Hi all,I'm having issues with my pc running windows 11 with constant freezing until i disconnect the power cable.In event viewer these messages are frequently showing up before the message of unexpected shutdown:File System Filter 'BHDrvx64' 10.0,...
  3. Computer freezing indefinitely after 30 mins or less of light use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezing indefinitely after 30 mins or less of light use: Hi all,I'm having issues with my pc running windows 11 with constant freezing until i disconnect the power cable.In event viewer these messages are frequently showing up before the message of unexpected shutdown:File System Filter 'BHDrvx64' 10.0,...
  4. .exe or .msi installer takes more than 10 mins to load and it also freezes the parent...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .exe or .msi installer takes more than 10 mins to load and it also freezes the parent...: The problem is a bit complicated to describe:Problem:Recently I found that when I try to click a downloaded .exe or .msi installer to install something, it always took up to more than 10 minutes to show up.Before it shows up, the window would freeze.- E.g., if i clicked the...
  5. .exe or .msi installer takes more than 10 mins to load and it also freezes the parent...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .exe or .msi installer takes more than 10 mins to load and it also freezes the parent...: The problem is a bit complicated to describe:Problem:Recently I found that when I try to click a downloaded .exe or .msi installer to install something, it always took up to more than 10 minutes to show up.Before it shows up, the window would freeze.- E.g., if i clicked the...
  6. .exe or .msi installer takes more than 10 mins to load and it also freezes the parent...

7. Computer freezes a few seconds after it’s fully on and stays frozen till after 20 mins and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes a few seconds after it’s fully on and stays frozen till after 20 mins and...: My computer whenever it turns on it gives me a like 4 seconds to click things and then it completely freezes I can’t find anything on Google that’s the solution I was maybe thinking the motherboard because I replaced my ram and I used a different sata drive with windows and...
  8. Computer freezes a few seconds after it’s fully on and stays frozen till after 20 mins and...

Computer freezes a few seconds after it’s fully on and stays frozen till after 20 mins and...: My computer whenever it turns on it gives me a like 4 seconds to click things and then it completely freezes I can’t find anything on Google that’s the solution I was maybe thinking the motherboard because I replaced my ram and I used a different sata drive with windows and...
  9. Computer freezes a few seconds after it’s fully on and stays frozen till after 20 mins and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. when i turn on my PC runs for 15 min and freezes, after i force it to shutdown, it runs...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when i turn on my PC runs for 15 min and freezes, after i force it to shutdown, it runs...: So whenever I start my pc, I can use it for about 15 minutes, and then the whole thing freezes. I would then proceed to force shut down the pc and once I reboot it, it will run fine afterward for hours without any issue. I have no idea what to do. I ran the SFC scan, updated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer freezes off after 30 mins