Windows 10: windows 10 freezes after boot

Discus and support windows 10 freezes after boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, my laptop keeps freezing after booting up, and doesn't respond to any keyboard or mouse commands. I can't enter safe mode since power button is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by shumach, Oct 18, 2018.

1. shumach Win User

windows 10 freezes after boot

Hello, my laptop keeps freezing after booting up, and doesn't respond to any keyboard or mouse commands. I can't enter safe mode since power button is missing from login screen. Is there any other way to enter safe mode or restore windows while it's booting?

this problem started few days ago just after October update.

Or can it be hardware problem?

my lap top is quite old now, so I don't really know what could be wrong at this point

:)

shumach, Oct 18, 2018

2. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue windows 10 freezes after boot :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 freezes after boot - Similar Threads - freezes boot

2. Computer freezes during system boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes during system boot up: I have an ASUS ROG gaming laptop model# G513QM that has an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor that operates on Windows 11. I had been playing a game online that was being a little laggy so I decided to restart my computer. Upon doing so the system now freezes at the Republic of...
  3. Computer freezes during system boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes during system boot up: I have an ASUS ROG gaming laptop model# G513QM that has an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor that operates on Windows 11. I had been playing a game online that was being a little laggy so I decided to restart my computer. Upon doing so the system now freezes at the Republic of...
  4. Every time I boot up my PC it freezes on the login screen. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I boot up my PC it freezes on the login screen. How do I fix this?: Hello,I built this PC one month ago and it has been working great. The last couple days however, my pc would not open settings. I attempted to fix settings using commands given online. None of the options were working. When I went to restart my computer, after using code in...
  5. Every time I boot up my PC it freezes on the login screen. How do I fix this?

Every time I boot up my PC it freezes on the login screen. How do I fix this?: Hello,I built this PC one month ago and it has been working great. The last couple days however, my pc would not open settings. I attempted to fix settings using commands given online. None of the options were working. When I went to restart my computer, after using code in...
  6. PC runs perfectly during normal boot. Freezes in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC runs perfectly during normal boot. Freezes in safe mode.: I’m running Windows 11 home. Lately my main monitor I have two. An Asus 4K monitor and a Wacom Cintiq. Asus is main has randomly been going black for 2-5 seconds before coming back on. It happens ~2-3 times per day. I recently updated my gpu to an RTX Strix 4090 and had done...
  7. PC runs perfectly during normal boot. Freezes in safe mode.

PC runs perfectly during normal boot. Freezes in safe mode.: I’m running Windows 11 home. Lately my main monitor I have two. An Asus 4K monitor and a Wacom Cintiq. Asus is main has randomly been going black for 2-5 seconds before coming back on. It happens ~2-3 times per day. I recently updated my gpu to an RTX Strix 4090 and had done...
  8. Laptop freezing and re-booting on it's own while playing games [Asus G14]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezing and re-booting on it's own while playing games [Asus G14]: I have recently been noticing that anytime I start playing a game, it works fine for about 5-8 minutes and suddenly my screen goes blank and then starts flickering with this loud buzzing sound https://imgur.com/a/9uvKQxL. Otherwise, my laptop works perfectly fine. I'm not...
  9. Laptop freezing and re-booting on it's own while playing games [Asus G14]

Laptop freezing and re-booting on it's own while playing games [Asus G14]: I have recently been noticing that anytime I start playing a game, it works fine for about 5-8 minutes and suddenly my screen goes blank and then starts flickering with this loud buzzing sound https://imgur.com/a/9uvKQxL. Otherwise, my laptop works perfectly fine. I'm not...
  10. Laptop freezing and re-booting on it's own while playing games [Asus G14]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows freezing after boot

2. freezing pc after boot

3. my pc freezes after boot

4. windows freeze after boot ,
  5. laptop freezes shortly after boot,
  6. windows 10 freezing boot,
  7. windows 10 freezes in boot menu,
  8. windows iso to usb freezes when booted from bios,
  9. windows generic freeze after boot,
  10. system hangs after boot,
  11. win 10 freezes after boot,