Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes after getting the message "Setting up USB Keyboard"

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes after getting the message "Setting up USB Keyboard" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop after cleaning the C: drive. And after every 2 minutes from logging into Windows, it freezes after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnindyaRahman, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Windows 10 freezes after getting the message "Setting up USB Keyboard"

I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop after cleaning the C: drive. And after every 2 minutes from logging into Windows, it freezes after getting the message "Setting up USB Keyboard" or "Setting up USB Mouse". And It doesnt unfreeze. After reinstalling windows again, I realized that disconnecting my keyboard and mouse doesnt trigger the freeze. But as soon as I reconnect it, the message shows up and it freezes again.I deleted the Elan input drivers and it still happened. Maybe I should've uninstalled the ps/2 drivers instead. But I plan now to update the drivers before connecting my

:)

AnindyaRahman, Sep 21, 2021
  2. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 21, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 21, 2021
  4. Windows 10 freezes after getting the message "Setting up USB Keyboard"

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Sep 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes after getting the message "Setting up USB Keyboard"

1. Windows 10 freezes after getting the message "Setting up USB Keyboard" - Similar Threads - freezes getting message

2. Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up: Hello,I got a Microsoft Surface keyboard. this one -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/surface-keyboard/8r3rqvvflp4k?activetab=pivot:overviewtabIt goes in sleep mode after around 10minutes to save battery life.When I press a key the whole PC freezes for around 2...
  3. Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up: Hello,I got a Microsoft Surface keyboard. this one -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/surface-keyboard/8r3rqvvflp4k?activetab=pivot:overviewtabIt goes in sleep mode after around 10minutes to save battery life.When I press a key the whole PC freezes for around 2...
  4. Bluetooth Surface Keyboard freezes Windows after waking up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth surface keyboard freezes Windows 10 for a few seconds after it wakes up

Bluetooth surface keyboard freezes Windows 10 for a few seconds after it wakes up: Keyboard: Microsoft Surface Keyboard, WS2-00025Bluetooth dongle: TP-Link UB400 4.0 Bluetooth dongleWindows 10The keyboard goes to sleep, or disconnects, or something, if I don't touch a key on it for a few minutes. This happens even when I'm using my computer actively with...
  6. Setting up Windows 10 with no keyboard.

Setting up Windows 10 with no keyboard.: Hello everyone.Firstly, I am using a Microsoft Surface Go and trying to set up Windows 10 again after factory resetting the PC.I accidentally installed a new driver for my keyboard and then afterwards my keyboard was completely not working. As well as my mousepad on the...
  7. mouse/keyboard freeze ups

mouse/keyboard freeze ups: I'm having trouble with Windows 10. Every minute or so, my keyboard, mouse and speakers freeze up for 10 to 30 seconds. I replaced the wireless keyboard/mouse with a brand new set, but it's still hanging on me....
  8. Windows 10 settings freezing up and not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 settings freezing up and not responding: There has a been a list of problems with my windows settings including: the search bar not responding, when I go into settings and click on "Network & Internet" the window will freeze and not respond, when I go to "troubleshoot" under Update & Security it also freezes and...
  9. Windows 10 freeze after starting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freeze after starting up: So last night i just installed the new update on windows 10, but when i start my laptop it just freeze just like this.[IMG] And it doesn't react to when i press the keyboard or move around the mouse(the cursor isn't even on the screen) and it just stuck like that for 30...
  10. USB keyboard and mouse freeze!

USB keyboard and mouse freeze!: Hello I have been using Windows 10 64bit os running PC for quite some time now but in the past two months I've been getting a problem of my USB keyboard and mouse frozen(the keyboard capslock and others don't change on pressing) and mouse gets stuck within half an hour of...