Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes after network card disabled

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes after network card disabled in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, after recent windows update, my wifi becomes very unstable, it gets disconnected periodically, and when trying to reconnect, the computer... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BL1219, Mar 30, 2019.

1. BL1219 Win User

Windows 10 freezes after network card disabled

Hello,

after recent windows update, my wifi becomes very unstable, it gets disconnected periodically, and when trying to reconnect, the computer freezes.

the main issue i have now is, i turned off wifi before shutting down the computer yesterday. Now when I turn on the computer, it freezes every single time before I can log in. I tried to go into safe mode with networking, it freezes. I tried system restore- failed even in safe mode. I can only access my computer in safe mode, but i cant turn wifi back on in safe mode. Every time when I turn on or restart my computer. It freezes.

I know I may have a broken wireless adaptor, but how can I turn it back on so I can at least access my computer in normal mode?

thanks in advance!

:)

BL1219, Mar 30, 2019
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

Windows 10 (Pro 64bit) randomly freezes

Thank you for the information, Neil. To address your concern regarding the random freezes that's happening on your computer, we suggest performing the steps below, and check if the experience will be the same:

• Sign in using an administrator account in your Windows 10 computer.
    • Disable or uninstall any anti-virus that you've installed to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • Reinstall Windows 10.

Let us know the outcome of the troubleshooting procedure for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 30, 2019
  4. John Galt Win User

disable 2.4ghz network

First, get the computer to forget your current network:

• Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
    • Click Network settings.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete.
    • Click Forget. The wireless network profile is deleted.

Next, go into your router and either completely disable the 2.4GHz radio or set the 2.4 and the 5G radios to different SSIDs, maybe the 2.4 can be your guest Wifi...

Then, on your computer, only join the 5Ghz SSID network.

The suggestion in the post above to just disable the SSID broadcast of the 2.4Ghz radio will probably not work, your computer will still join it.

John Galt, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 freezes after network card disabled - Similar Threads - freezes network card

2. how can disable the policy to the network card to install a service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can disable the policy to the network card to install a service: i want to install in to the network card an service but it tells some policy deny's it?**** moved from german to english Community **** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-disable-the-policy-to-the-network-card-to/1e726dea-4c49-4b73-a3ed-d6732f1f3cc7
  3. how can disable the policy to the network card to install a service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can disable the policy to the network card to install a service: i want to install in to the network card an service but it tells some policy deny's it?**** moved from german to english Community **** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-disable-the-policy-to-the-network-card-to/1e726dea-4c49-4b73-a3ed-d6732f1f3cc7
  4. Network Card Issue After running Network Adapter Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Card Issue After running Network Adapter Troubleshooter: I ran the Windows 10 Network Adapter Troubleshooter for my Dell Inspiron 3671 - and I discovered that there was a problem I couldn't fix - That the "Ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken" because the McAfee VPN network adapter couldn't be scanned.The...
  5. Network Card Issue After running Network Adapter Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Card Issue After running Network Adapter Troubleshooter: I ran the Windows 10 Network Adapter Troubleshooter for my Dell Inspiron 3671 - and I discovered that there was a problem I couldn't fix - That the "Ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken" because the McAfee VPN network adapter couldn't be scanned.The...
  6. Network Card Issue After running Network Adapter Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows Networking Disabled After Disabling CSM Support

Windows Networking Disabled After Disabling CSM Support: Hello! I’m having a tough time here after disabling CSM support in my BIOS. Upon loading Windows now, my Ethernet adapter is completely missing from Network & Internet Settings, and in Device Manager, is labeled with a warning sign. In the Device Status box inside the...
  8. Since upgrading to Windows 10, sometimes when disabling network card, a restart is required...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since upgrading to Windows 10, sometimes when disabling network card, a restart is required...: I have 4 desktop computers, all hard wired to a router. I use a script with devcon to create a shortcut which alternates enabling and disabling the network card. Anytime we are away from the computers for extended time, we use this shortcut to disconnect from the internet. I...
  9. network card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    network card: I replaced the network card in my HP g6 the other day it works but the WIFI light turns blue when off and no light when on the connecters are in the right order 1&2 but I did fit a new keyboard maybe that's the reason or HP labelled the wires wrong because were the black...
  10. Computer freezes with PCI network card when connecting

Computer freezes with PCI network card when connecting: Hello. My computer freezes when my PCI network Card (TRENDnet tew-623pi v1.0r) tried to connect to a network. I just got it in the mail off of ebay for $10 a few days ago and just installed the drivers a few hours ago. If anyone has any details about why it is freezing,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 freezes when network disabled