Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes after startup

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes after startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a windows update notification and let it do its thing. Upon restarting I noticed the startup was a little slower than usual, none of my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LDubby, May 29, 2023.

1. LDubby Win User

Windows 10 freezes after startup

I had a windows update notification and let it do its thing. Upon restarting I noticed the startup was a little slower than usual, none of my desktop apps were appearing and the taskbar was empty. After waiting for about 30 seconds my desktop apps appear then disappear followed by my desktop greying out. Once this happens once or twice, while its grey I get an error message that reads: "Microsoft Windows The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait. Do you want to end this process?"This cycle of continues until I shut down or restart my pc from the case.When I r

:)

LDubby, May 29, 2023
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 29, 2023
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, May 29, 2023
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, May 29, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 10 freezes after startup - Similar Threads - freezes startup

2. Application Freezing on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Freezing on Startup: Greetings, I'm encountering a frustrating issue where one of my essential applications freezes every time I attempt to launch it. This problem started occurring suddenly without any recent changes to my system. I've tried reinstalling the application and updating my operating...
  3. Application Freezing on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application Freezing on Startup: Greetings, I'm encountering a frustrating issue where one of my essential applications freezes every time I attempt to launch it. This problem started occurring suddenly without any recent changes to my system. I've tried reinstalling the application and updating my operating...
  4. How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?: I’m currently on the most updated version of Windows 11 I’ve been dealing with a problem of mine for over a week now. It started off with my PC not booting to windows properly and beginning the automatic repair, so I would simply restart my PC and everything would be fine....
  5. How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?

How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?: I’m currently on the most updated version of Windows 11 I’ve been dealing with a problem of mine for over a week now. It started off with my PC not booting to windows properly and beginning the automatic repair, so I would simply restart my PC and everything would be fine....
  6. PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode: As said pc freezes up about 3/4 minutes into a login session, temps according to icue are all fine, no updates installed recently and no logs in event viewer, got new ssd coming tommorow and will attempt to install windows but it's just strange...
  7. PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode

PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode: As said pc freezes up about 3/4 minutes into a login session, temps according to icue are all fine, no updates installed recently and no logs in event viewer, got new ssd coming tommorow and will attempt to install windows but it's just strange...
  8. PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. how to fix windows 10 when it freezes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix windows 10 when it freezes on startup: my windows is freezing on startup. when I restart or open up my desktop, when it arrives at the windows logo and loads, it hangs all the time. All I can do is to go to bios and to save and reset there so I could access my pc. Is there a way to solve this? tried so many...
  10. how to fix windows 10 when it freezes on startup

how to fix windows 10 when it freezes on startup: my windows is freezing on startup. when I restart or open up my desktop, when it arrives at the windows logo and loads, it hangs all the time. All I can do is to go to bios and to save and reset there so I could access my pc. Is there a way to solve this? tried so many...