Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes after using it for a few minutes and then restarts automatically

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes after using it for a few minutes and then restarts automatically in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I had an old computer that I lately wanted to use with windows 10. And I had installed windows 10's 1903 version on it but it seems that I won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by J4ved, Jan 29, 2020.

1. J4ved Win User

Windows 10 freezes after using it for a few minutes and then restarts automatically

Hi

I had an old computer that I lately wanted to use with windows 10. And I had installed windows 10's 1903 version on it but it seems that I won't be able to use it. because every time I boot up my computer within 5 minutes it freezes and remains that way until it automatically restarts. I didn't find any solution online and hope you guys can tell me some sort of a solution to help me fix my problems thanks.

:)

J4ved, Jan 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 freezes after using it for a few minutes and then restarts automatically

Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes after using it for a few minutes and then restarts automatically

1. Windows 10 freezes after using it for a few minutes and then restarts automatically - Similar Threads - freezes using few

2. PC Freezes for a few minutes then automatically restarts and gives a BugcheckCode of 307...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes for a few minutes then automatically restarts and gives a BugcheckCode of 307...: ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of...
  3. PC Freezes for a few minutes then automatically restarts and gives a BugcheckCode of 307...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezes for a few minutes then automatically restarts and gives a BugcheckCode of 307...: ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of...
  4. PC Freezes for a few minutes then automatically restarts and gives a BugcheckCode of 307...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pc freezes after a few minutes

Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  6. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  7. Pc freezes after a few minutes

8. My PC automatically restart after few minutes on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC automatically restart after few minutes on sleep mode.: I have just updated from windows 10 to windows 11 and I've facing a problem that every time when I press the power button to put my laptop on the sleep mode after few minutes, the system automatically restart. Please help me....
  9. My PC automatically restart after few minutes on sleep mode.

My PC automatically restart after few minutes on sleep mode.: I have just updated from windows 10 to windows 11 and I've facing a problem that every time when I press the power button to put my laptop on the sleep mode after few minutes, the system automatically restart. Please help me....
  10. Windows 10 automatically locking after a few minutes of gaming

Windows 10 automatically locking after a few minutes of gaming: Hello, While playing Ground branch for at least 17 min it will initiate a forceful hibernation. My pc: Hp notebook Windows 10 19041.867 Processor: i5-7200U CPU@ 2.50GHz 2.70GHz RAM: 4 GB System: 64-bit operating system, 64-bit based processor. 932 GB HDD GPU 1:...