Windows 10: windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

Discus and support windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; so i got an issue with windows 10every like 5 days when i open my laptop it has a black screen with a mouse cursor on itits completely frozen and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xd nqrwayy 9000, May 15, 2023.

1. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

so i got an issue with windows 10every like 5 days when i open my laptop it has a black screen with a mouse cursor on itits completely frozen and i need to force reboot which is annoying

:)

xd nqrwayy 9000, May 15, 2023

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 15, 2023
  3. tomseys Win User
    Windows 10 freezes after waking up from sleep

Trying Windows 10 again on my HP-15 laptop and I've noticed that when I put the laptop to sleep by pressing the power button (which I have set to sleep), when I wake it up by moving the mouse or pressing the keyboard it wakes and the desktop appears, but then a second later it freezes and i have to press control alt delete (which takes a minute to respond) and then press task manager to get out of it. When it freezes the mouse curses will show that circle thing and nothing works (whatever I click etc) though I can move the cursor around. If I try to sleep again after I break out of the freeze it works fine, I can wake and no freeze. But if I shutdown or restart the laptop the first time I make it sleep it freezes.

I've tried some things including rolling back the IME driver (which fixed a shutdown issue and is a recommended fix for hp laptops with shutdown/sleep issues), making sure I have all updates, that the keyboard and mouse have the wake up setting checked etc. Windows 8.1, which I upgraded from, worked perfectly with this. My roommate has same laptop and he has same exact issue.

Thanks for any suggestions.

tomseys, May 15, 2023
  4. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

Windows 10 Anniversary Update freezes at lock screen when waking from sleep

Getting Firefox v48.0.2 was a separate task. It wasn't meant to correct the "freezing" after waking from Sleep mode.

Question: Does the "freezing" persist after waking from Hibernate mode? See
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13770/windows-shut-down-sleep-hibernate-your-pc

=====================================================

FYI:

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 15, 2023
Thema:

windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

1. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep - Similar Threads - freezes waking sleep

2. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep: so i got an issue with windows 10every like 5 days when i open my laptop it has a black screen with a mouse cursor on itits completely frozen and i need to force reboot which is annoying...
  3. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep: so i got an issue with windows 10every like 5 days when i open my laptop it has a black screen with a mouse cursor on itits completely frozen and i need to force reboot which is annoying...
  4. Windows 10 freezing after waking up from sleep

Windows 10 freezing after waking up from sleep: Hi Every time my laptop goes automatically to sleep, it freezes when I wake it up black screen, unresponsive keyboard/touchpad and no fan noise. Only the power LED is on. I have to force reboot every time, losing all my work. I tried disabling fast star-up and hybrid...
  5. Windows 10 freezing after waking up from sleep

Windows 10 freezing after waking up from sleep: Hi I have a 3 months old Samsung laptop that goes automatically to sleep when I close the lid. However, after update 2004 when I open the lid to wake it up, system has been going unresponsive. Power light goes on but screen remains dead no fan or HDD noise as well. That...
  6. Windows 10 hangs then freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hangs then freezes after waking from sleep: My Windows 10 computer, which has a Gigabyte motherboard, after walking up for 2 minutes, then freezes. There is no BSOD, just a complete freeze where no USB input (mouse, keyboard) works and the only way I can get a working W10 is to do a hard restart. I don't use Intel. I...
  7. Windows 10 hangs then freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hangs then freezes after waking from sleep: I have had the same Desktop computer with Windows 10. Since an update, when the Desktop computer wakes from sleep it will work for approx 5 minutes and then programs will freeze. The Microsoft Mouse will not move and Microsoft Keyboard will not respond. No BSOD or restart....
  8. Windows 10 (1809) freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 (1809) freezes after waking from sleep: Hi, This Windows 10 (1809) is really a troublemaker. I make my surface book 2 computer sleep by the power button and Windows Start > Power > Sleep. When I wake it up, it freezes. I have to restart for each time because I cannot use it after wake up. How can I solve this...
  9. Random freeze after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freeze after waking from sleep: Hi. I recently built a new system and am having some weird issues where sometimes after waking the PC from sleep, it'll freeze for no reason. A reset will fix the issue but it's kind of annoying since this never happened before on my old machine. I'm using Win10 Pro....
  10. Windows 10 freezes after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezes after waking up from sleep: Trying Windows 10 again on my HP-15 laptop and I've noticed that when I put the laptop to sleep by pressing the power button (which I have set to sleep), when I wake it up by moving the mouse or pressing the keyboard it wakes and the desktop appears, but then a second later...