Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 FREEZES AFTER WAKING UP FROM SLEEP OR HIBERNATE

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 FREEZES AFTER WAKING UP FROM SLEEP OR HIBERNATE in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently Updated my Windows from 1803 to 1909 because I got a notification saying "my current build version is nearing end of service". After I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by OyindamolaVictor, Dec 6, 2020.

1. WINDOWS 10 FREEZES AFTER WAKING UP FROM SLEEP OR HIBERNATE

I recently Updated my Windows from 1803 to 1909 because I got a notification saying "my current build version is nearing end of service". After I updated it, I noticed my PC took time to boot completely and I am someone who works frequently with my PC so I always have files or projects I am working on and what works for me is to put the PC on sleep or hibernation when I am away. Due to the recent Update I previously mentioned anytime I try waking the PC from sleep or Hibernation it shows me the usual password login page then as soon as I start typing it freezes and does not let me do anythingthe keyboard,mouse. So I am forced to force shutdown by holding down the power button till it restarts, Please is there anyway I can fix this because I cannot continue like this. Please help

:)

OyindamolaVictor, Dec 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Update freezes at lock screen when waking from sleep

Getting Firefox v48.0.2 was a separate task. It wasn't meant to correct the "freezing" after waking from Sleep mode.

Question: Does the "freezing" persist after waking from Hibernate mode? See
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13770/windows-shut-down-sleep-hibernate-your-pc

=====================================================

FYI:

PA Bear - MS MVP, Dec 6, 2020
  3. DaleDarin Win User
    WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep or hibernation

I am running windows 10 19041.388 on an HP All in One PC and cannot get it to wake up from sleep. I have done the following:

1. Allow mouse and keyboard to allow device to wake up computer.
    2. Updated drivers
    3. Turn off fast start up
    4. Re-enable Hibernation via Command Prompt
    5. USB Selective Suspend Setting - Disabled
    I have tried the above steps using both a wired HP mouse and a wireless Jelley Comb mouse

DaleDarin, Dec 6, 2020
  4. yakideo Win User

WINDOWS 10 FREEZES AFTER WAKING UP FROM SLEEP OR HIBERNATE

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 FREEZES AFTER WAKING UP FROM SLEEP OR HIBERNATE

1. WINDOWS 10 FREEZES AFTER WAKING UP FROM SLEEP OR HIBERNATE - Similar Threads - FREEZES WAKING SLEEP

2. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: Here is minidump attached. What can I do?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W9d-obpJtdEZ3kvZVFMis3D3Se2v-o9a/view?usp=share_link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/6408f6c8-e2d8-477f-ac7c-583016dd156b
  3. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: Here is minidump attached. What can I do?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W9d-obpJtdEZ3kvZVFMis3D3Se2v-o9a/view?usp=share_link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/6408f6c8-e2d8-477f-ac7c-583016dd156b
  4. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  5. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  6. Windows 10 freezing after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 freezing after waking up from sleep: Hi Every time my laptop goes automatically to sleep, it freezes when I wake it up black screen, unresponsive keyboard/touchpad and no fan noise. Only the power LED is on. I have to force reboot every time, losing all my work. I tried disabling fast star-up and hybrid...
  7. Windows 10 freezing after waking up from sleep

Windows 10 freezing after waking up from sleep: Hi I have a 3 months old Samsung laptop that goes automatically to sleep when I close the lid. However, after update 2004 when I open the lid to wake it up, system has been going unresponsive. Power light goes on but screen remains dead no fan or HDD noise as well. That...
  8. WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep or hibernation

WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep or hibernation: I am running windows 10 19041.388 on an HP All in One PC and cannot get it to wake up from sleep. I have done the following: Allow mouse and keyboard to allow device to wake up computer. Updated drivers Turn off fast start up Re-enable Hibernation via Command Prompt USB...
  9. Computer freezes while hibernating, wakes itself up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes while hibernating, wakes itself up from sleep: I've had this problem before where Windows would freeze while hibernating, but had fixed it twice (once it was because a program was trying to access something that wasn't connected by the power supply any more, once because hiberfile.sys was too small), but now it's back...
  10. Windows 10 freezes after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezes after waking up from sleep: Trying Windows 10 again on my HP-15 laptop and I've noticed that when I put the laptop to sleep by pressing the power button (which I have set to sleep), when I wake it up by moving the mouse or pressing the keyboard it wakes and the desktop appears, but then a second later...