Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes after waking up from sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes after waking up from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Trying Windows 10 again on my HP-15 laptop and I've noticed that when I put the laptop to sleep by pressing the power button (which I have set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tomseys, Jun 26, 2016.

1. tomseys Win User

Windows 10 freezes after waking up from sleep

Trying Windows 10 again on my HP-15 laptop and I've noticed that when I put the laptop to sleep by pressing the power button (which I have set to sleep), when I wake it up by moving the mouse or pressing the keyboard it wakes and the desktop appears, but then a second later it freezes and i have to press control alt delete (which takes a minute to respond) and then press task manager to get out of it. When it freezes the mouse curses will show that circle thing and nothing works (whatever I click etc) though I can move the cursor around. If I try to sleep again after I break out of the freeze it works fine, I can wake and no freeze. But if I shutdown or restart the laptop the first time I make it sleep it freezes.

I've tried some things including rolling back the IME driver (which fixed a shutdown issue and is a recommended fix for hp laptops with shutdown/sleep issues), making sure I have all updates, that the keyboard and mouse have the wake up setting checked etc. Windows 8.1, which I upgraded from, worked perfectly with this. My roommate has same laptop and he has same exact issue.

Thanks for any suggestions.

:)

tomseys, Jun 26, 2016

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly after waking up.

I have windows 10 which came preloaded in Lenovo Ideapad 500. I reset the windows and after that the problem started. My windows is up to date. It sometimes freezes after I wake it up from sleep or turn on its display. I usually resolve this issue by pressing
    the power button and putting it in sleep mode and again waking it up. This solves my problem for that instant but it occurs again randomly.

NikhilJindal, Jun 26, 2016
  3. Blue Screen die (BSOD), Windows 10 Professional Laptop Machine

I can confirm that this problem would occur every time I wake the computer up from sleep mode.

After a few seconds waking up from sleep mode, the computer will freeze and then BSOD occurs

Very annoying.

SuperBoyChoy, Jun 26, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Usually happens when you get a hung process during the loading of all items that were shut down during sleep state.

bro67, Jun 26, 2016
  5. tomseys Win User
    How can I determine which process it is? Note it only (and always) happens on the first instance of a new session.

tomseys, Jun 26, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    It would take looking at the logs, events and Resources under Administrator Tools. It could just be a resident process from some third party software that you have installed. Depending on how long this has been going on, depends on what piece of software or process that could have been changed by Microsoft Updates could be the culprit.

The last discussion on this was Hibernate was the culprit. Try disabling that from the Command Window with powercfg /h off
    You can also look in the power logs to see what can be the cause of this issue. This has been an issue since Windows 7.

bro67, Jun 26, 2016
  7. tomseys Win User
    Thanks bro67, that seems to have fixed it.

I'm surprised to see that the quiet hours bug (circle in notification icon on starting) still is not fixed. Looks like email notifications are still not 100% consistent too.

tomseys, Jun 26, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

The Clocking is normal when a Process hangs up.

bro67, Jun 26, 2016
  9. tomseys Win User
    I get the clock symbol even with sleep disabled and no issues otherwise.
    I used to get this when I first tried windows 10 and was told it was a bug related to quiet hours.

If I turn on quiet hours and then turn it off, the clock disappears, which is the fix for this bug.
    Also mail notifications have stopped, which was an issue a while ago, where they were inconsistent.

tomseys, Jun 26, 2016
  10. tomseys Win User
    I was wrong the fix didn't fix it. So I reenabled hibernate and just took it off sleep and put it to turn off display. Like that it works fine.

tomseys, Jun 26, 2016
  11. tomseys Win User
    Removing sleep from the power setting has stopped freezes but it still has email notification problems and does the circle thing. I'll just have to work around it or reformat to win 8.1.

tomseys, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 freezes after waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - freezes waking sleep

2. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep: so i got an issue with windows 10every like 5 days when i open my laptop it has a black screen with a mouse cursor on itits completely frozen and i need to force reboot which is annoying...
  3. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep: so i got an issue with windows 10every like 5 days when i open my laptop it has a black screen with a mouse cursor on itits completely frozen and i need to force reboot which is annoying...
  4. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 freezing after waking up from sleep

Windows 10 freezing after waking up from sleep: Hi Every time my laptop goes automatically to sleep, it freezes when I wake it up black screen, unresponsive keyboard/touchpad and no fan noise. Only the power LED is on. I have to force reboot every time, losing all my work. I tried disabling fast star-up and hybrid...
  6. WINDOWS 10 FREEZES AFTER WAKING UP FROM SLEEP OR HIBERNATE

WINDOWS 10 FREEZES AFTER WAKING UP FROM SLEEP OR HIBERNATE: I recently Updated my Windows from 1803 to 1909 because I got a notification saying "my current build version is nearing end of service". After I updated it, I noticed my PC took time to boot completely and I am someone who works frequently with my PC so I always have files...
  7. Windows 10 freezing after waking up from sleep

Windows 10 freezing after waking up from sleep: Hi I have a 3 months old Samsung laptop that goes automatically to sleep when I close the lid. However, after update 2004 when I open the lid to wake it up, system has been going unresponsive. Power light goes on but screen remains dead no fan or HDD noise as well. That...
  8. After waking up from sleep

After waking up from sleep: After waking up from sleep, how do I require a password sign-in. I don't want anyone to wake up my computer and see my desktop. Want to require my password to be entered to get access....
  9. Windows 10 freezes when waking up from sleep

Windows 10 freezes when waking up from sleep: I have an old HP Compaq 6005 Pro Small Form Factor desktop PC. Yes, I know it's old and outdated and I should upgrade, but I can't afford that right now. Lately, when I try to wake my PC up from sleep, one of the following happens: 1. The screen is black the screen is on...
  10. Windows 10 hangs then freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hangs then freezes after waking from sleep: My Windows 10 computer, which has a Gigabyte motherboard, after walking up for 2 minutes, then freezes. There is no BSOD, just a complete freeze where no USB input (mouse, keyboard) works and the only way I can get a working W10 is to do a hard restart. I don't use Intel. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mouse freezes after sleep

2. windows freezes after sleep

3. windows 10 micro freeze after wake up