Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes and crashes

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes and crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While watching youtube, the screen would freeze, audio would continue for a little bit and then the computer will crash and reboot. This is a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JusttKeevin, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 freezes and crashes

While watching youtube, the screen would freeze, audio would continue for a little bit and then the computer will crash and reboot. This is a new computer that I built. I'm thinking it might be a GPU problem, when using a GTX 970, this wouldn't happen.

AMD 5900x

Gigabyte x570 I

Crucial 32GB DDR4

Sapphire RX 580

Sabrent 1TB M.2

Corsair 600SF

Here's what reliability monitor says:

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: 116

Parameter 1: ffff818518a7d010

Parameter 2: fffff8044e9c5040

Parameter 3: ffffffffc0000001

Parameter 4: 3

OS version: 10_0_19042

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem

031221-8406-01.dmp

sysdata.xml

MEMORY.DMP

WERInternalMetadata.xml

WERInternalRequest.xml

memory.csv

sysinfo.txt

:)

JusttKeevin, Mar 12, 2021

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 12, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 12, 2021
  4. SiSig_ Win User

Windows 10 freezes and crashes

SiSig_, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes and crashes

1. Windows 10 freezes and crashes - Similar Threads - freezes crashes

2. My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD: Below is what I get from the WhoCrashed app and the system info. I have made sure all the drivers are updated but that didn't help. Any help would be most appreciated.Crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041924-7984-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x9F0x3, 0xFFFF8E0225F2FD50,...
  3. My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD: Below is what I get from the WhoCrashed app and the system info. I have made sure all the drivers are updated but that didn't help. Any help would be most appreciated.Crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041924-7984-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x9F0x3, 0xFFFF8E0225F2FD50,...
  4. always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze: As title, my pc crashes almost once every day I use it, sometimes it just freezes without blue screen, and other times it crashes with different errors, my most recent one being unexpected kernel mode trap seen it a few times before. The worst crash I had is during a gaming...
  5. always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze: As title, my pc crashes almost once every day I use it, sometimes it just freezes without blue screen, and other times it crashes with different errors, my most recent one being unexpected kernel mode trap seen it a few times before. The worst crash I had is during a gaming...
  6. always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze

7. PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes: I have already tried to get help from nvidia support and that didn't end up working out so I will leave our previous chat logs so you can see where I left off please tell me if you need me to send any additional logs or filesGPU 980tiCHAT LINK:...
  8. PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes

PC crash- pc multicolor crash sometimes before crashing it freezes: I have already tried to get help from nvidia support and that didn't end up working out so I will leave our previous chat logs so you can see where I left off please tell me if you need me to send any additional logs or filesGPU 980tiCHAT LINK:...
  9. PC freezing/crashing AFTER windows reset w/ files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing/crashing AFTER windows reset w/ files: Recently and out of nowhere, my PC has started freezing/crashing during regular use. My first instinct was a thermal issue, and I noticed the CPU was idling a little over 50C, so I took the AIO off, removed and replaced the thermal paste which was quite scarce, and tried...
  10. PC freezing/crashing AFTER windows reset w/ files

PC freezing/crashing AFTER windows reset w/ files: Recently and out of nowhere, my PC has started freezing/crashing during regular use. My first instinct was a thermal issue, and I noticed the CPU was idling a little over 50C, so I took the AIO off, removed and replaced the thermal paste which was quite scarce, and tried...