Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes at lock screen

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes at lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Upon wake-up from sleep mode, my computer will occasionally freeze at the lock screen rather than show the login bar. It only shows the background... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Gravitationally, May 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 freezes at lock screen

Upon wake-up from sleep mode, my computer will occasionally freeze at the lock screen rather than show the login bar. It only shows the background image and no other functionality is available while it is doing this. The only way I could resolve it is to force reboot via the power button. I haven't installed any updates prior to this issue occurring, and I have since updated my computer which did not resolve this issue.

:)

Gravitationally, May 3, 2019

2. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 3, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 freezes at lock screen

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen option as Windows Spotlight and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select Windows Spotlight from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes at lock screen

1. Windows 10 freezes at lock screen - Similar Threads - freezes lock screen

2. Laptop freezing on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezing on the lock screen: Every time i turn my laptop on it does not get past the lockscreen without freezing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-freezing-on-the-lock-screen/a19d3e60-7204-4487-9075-bc7cbb72cd03
  3. Laptop freezing on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezing on the lock screen: Every time i turn my laptop on it does not get past the lockscreen without freezing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-freezing-on-the-lock-screen/a19d3e60-7204-4487-9075-bc7cbb72cd03
  4. Computer freezes on the lock screen [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes on the lock screen [Windows 11]: Hi everyone, Since upgrading from Windows 10 Professional to Windows 11 Professional, my computer desktop has consistently crashed on the lock screen. To be more specific, it crashes ONLY when I lock the computer by using the windows key + L combination after use. This does...
  5. Computer freezes on the lock screen [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes on the lock screen [Windows 11]: Hi everyone, Since upgrading from Windows 10 Professional to Windows 11 Professional, my computer desktop has consistently crashed on the lock screen. To be more specific, it crashes ONLY when I lock the computer by using the windows key + L combination after use. This does...
  6. Windows 10 freezes on lock-screen when using a mouse first

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes on lock-screen when using a mouse first: HiI have an ACER laptop, with Windows 10. When I open it after a long time without use A few hours, a very peculiar situation occures:If I first move my mouse, then the computer freezes, and I must force it to turn off - by pressing the power button for a few seconds.But if I...
  7. Windows 10 lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 lock screen: [ATTACH] I'm trying to change the lock screen image on windows 10, but it's stuck on the one I've been using for a while now, when I select the new image it just loads forever....
  8. Windows lock screen slideshow freezes unless I kill "Windows Default Lock Screen" in Task...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows lock screen slideshow freezes unless I kill "Windows Default Lock Screen" in Task...: I have a slideshow of my iCloud photos as the lock screen on all five of my Windows 10 computers. When I lock the screen Win + L, it freezes on one photo, with no date, time, or anything else. I have to go into task manager and kill the "Windows default lock screen" process...
  9. Windows 10 Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lock Screen: When I select a photo for my Lock Screen it is displayed rotated. How do I un-rotate it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-lock-screen/5be481cf-5ece-423a-94da-b25cf04f87ac
  10. can't sign in lock screen freeze

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can't sign in lock screen freeze: A few days ago my Dell precision workstation T3500 had an update then restarted. On reaching the lock screen where I sign in I could not do any thing the location where I enter my code will not pop up. there is no activity at all the only thing that seems to be functioning is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 lock screen freeze