Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes at Login Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes at Login Screen in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you face a situation where after you enter the password of your account […] This article Windows 10 freezes at Login Screen first appeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 23, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows 10 freezes at Login Screen

WinClub, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 freezes at Login Screen

Windows 10 Freezes on Login

Hi Jastin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system after logging-in as it freezes, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Does this issue persists, when you try to open any application or generally as soon you log-in?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the device freezes?
    • How have you installed Windows 10 (Upgrade/ Clean installation)?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit
      Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Please try to run the Windows Defender to check for the virus on your device.

Refer to: Security & privacy

Note: Data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential for data loss.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes at Login Screen

1. Windows 10 freezes at Login Screen - Similar Threads - freezes Login Screen

2. Windows 11 freezing on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 freezing on login screen: Hello,I'm facing a very frustrating problem on my desktop with Windows 11.I went to sleep last night without switching it off and when I woke up this morning, the PC entered the sleep mode. I tried to use it again but nothing was happening, the screen was still off.I...
  3. Windows 11 freezing on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezing on login screen: Hello,I'm facing a very frustrating problem on my desktop with Windows 11.I went to sleep last night without switching it off and when I woke up this morning, the PC entered the sleep mode. I tried to use it again but nothing was happening, the screen was still off.I...
  4. Windows Freezes on Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Freezes on Login Screen: Hello, My computer sometimes freezes on login screen, becomes unresponsive. This only happens on login screen. I tried reverting to an older image but still same. This is new hardware. I've got i9 10900K and msi zeg 490 mother board 32 gb 4000mhz ram. I also tried sfc...
  5. Windows 10 freezing at login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezing at login screen: My computer has randomly started freezing when I get to the login screen, so I can’t even use my computer! Help, how do I fix this? submitted by /u/UltroGmr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k6s03m/windows_10_freezing_at_login_screen/
  6. Intermittent freezing at login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent freezing at login screen: I've recently built a new Windows 10 PC and have found that the login page intermittently freezes after boot, followed by a reboot. When the PC freezed, it is generally before I can enter my password/PIN. I found some similar issues reported here that suggested the...
  7. Freezing in Login Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freezing in Login Screen: Hello, My computer keeps freezing at the login screen of Windows 10, requiring a reset. I scanned for corrupt files, no issues. My drivers are up to date. I even tried reinstalling Windows 10 and the problem continues. What can you recommend?...
  8. Windows 10 freezing in login screen after restart

Windows 10 freezing in login screen after restart: So I restarted my pc yesterday by accident and when it starts it suddenly freezes at the login screen. I login automatically so I have the spinning dots but they just freeze at some point. This isnt the first time this happened but I don't know how to fix it. I can login...
  9. Windows 10 freezing on login screen

Windows 10 freezing on login screen: Windows 10 loads up to the time and date screen completely frozen, theres only one other icon on the screen and its the network icon ( usually there is a power button with this). Mouse and keyboard led lights have power but both are unresponsive. Some steps I did: 1....
  10. Computer freezing at login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing at login screen: hi, My computer started freezing at the login screen yesterday. I cant do anything with it anymore since it disables all the usb, and keyboard/mouse ports. I have reinstalled windows and installed all my drivers again, but it freezes at normal windows updates which is kind...