Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes at Login

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes at Login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i updated my PC from windows 7 to windows 10. Had an error but solved it by changing my default save dir to c drive again. After installation my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kirbyofdeath, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Windows 10 freezes at Login

So i updated my PC from windows 7 to windows 10. Had an error but solved it by changing my default save dir to c drive again. After installation my computer freezes either right after i enter my password (it just says welcome with the spinny circle forever) or it hits the desktop and loads my wallpaper but nothing else if i do cntr alt delete it opens up the menu but if i select task manager nothing happens and then i cant do cntr alt delete anymore. It works fine in safe mode. I have deleted all my drivers (graphics, ethernet, wifi, audio) removed all startup and even uninstalled some programs that start up and arnt on the task manager startup list. Sometimes after about 4-10 reboots ill get a good startup and can use my pc for as long as i want untill i shut it down and restart. Then the whole process starts over again. My build is intel i5, gigabyte g1 nvidia 970, 20gb ddr3 ram 1 ssd which has os and 2 hdds for data. Any help is appreciated.

:)

kirbyofdeath, Sep 2, 2015
  2. wog890 Win User

Windows 10 Free Upgrade Freezes at Login

Thank you for the response and info! I will look into this and see what I can do.

Update:

I have quite nervously updated my BIOS, which was version 5.6, to 5.7 (The latest version on the msi website for the H97 PC Mate motherboard as seen in the link below).

Support For H97 PC Mate | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI USA

I updated my chipset driver using MSI Live Update 6 and then tried to install Windows 10 again.

Once again it successfully went through every step, got to a login page, I type in my info, hit next and everything freezes as previously mentioned. (I will not go into as much detail in this issue, as it is exactly the same as the quoted text above.)

I restored my computer from a boot disk doubled checked that my bios was fully updated, checked to see if the chipset driver was fully updated and found that the live update does not have the latest version.

As seen in the link below, the MSI website for my motherboard shows a new chipset driver (for windows 7 64 bit) that was released on August 05, 2015.

Support For H97 PC Mate | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI USA

I updated the chipset driver again using those files. Made sure it installed properly and once again went through the download process again and ran into the exact same issue. At this point I am fairly pissed and beyond tired of dealing with this process.

I am going to try one more time, due to the fact that I did not use Vnodh.V's link to download Windows 10. I forgot that he posted it after the stress of flashing my BIOS and only remembered it while typing this. I will post again if that does or does not
    work and would like quick feedback on how to resolve this issue.

wog890, Sep 2, 2015
  3. wog890 Win User
    Windows 10 Free Upgrade Freezes at Login

Thank you for replying, but this is not possible with my issue. I found information instruction me to enter safe through the way you describe, but there is not power button on the sign in screen at this time for me. Only the next button in the lower right.
    Because of this, entering safe mode in this manner is impossible. (That I have been able to tell). I only mention this so that anyone with the same problem of me is also aware.

wog890, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes at Login

1. Windows 10 freezes at Login - Similar Threads - freezes Login

2. Windows 11 freezes after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezes after login: I got a new lenovo laptop a few months back. Everything went well. But once after a windows update it started to freeze for a few seconds and sometimes even a few minutes. For about 7 seconds after login I can use the computer like normal, then it completely freezes and after...
  3. Windows 11 freezes after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 freezes after login: I got a new lenovo laptop a few months back. Everything went well. But once after a windows update it started to freeze for a few seconds and sometimes even a few minutes. For about 7 seconds after login I can use the computer like normal, then it completely freezes and after...
  4. Every time I boot up my PC it freezes on the login screen. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I boot up my PC it freezes on the login screen. How do I fix this?: Hello,I built this PC one month ago and it has been working great. The last couple days however, my pc would not open settings. I attempted to fix settings using commands given online. None of the options were working. When I went to restart my computer, after using code in...
  5. Every time I boot up my PC it freezes on the login screen. How do I fix this?

Every time I boot up my PC it freezes on the login screen. How do I fix this?: Hello,I built this PC one month ago and it has been working great. The last couple days however, my pc would not open settings. I attempted to fix settings using commands given online. None of the options were working. When I went to restart my computer, after using code in...
  6. Windows 11 freezing on login screen

Windows 11 freezing on login screen: Hello,I'm facing a very frustrating problem on my desktop with Windows 11.I went to sleep last night without switching it off and when I woke up this morning, the PC entered the sleep mode. I tried to use it again but nothing was happening, the screen was still off.I...
  7. Windows 11 freezing on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezing on login screen: Hello,I'm facing a very frustrating problem on my desktop with Windows 11.I went to sleep last night without switching it off and when I woke up this morning, the PC entered the sleep mode. I tried to use it again but nothing was happening, the screen was still off.I...
  8. Windows lock screen/login screen freeze and sometimes BSOD "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE"...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows lock screen/login screen freeze and sometimes BSOD "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE"...: Getting freezes where at the windows boot-up lock-screen or login screen if It doesn't freeze at the lockscreen simply won't respond to any of the inputs I give, key strokes, clicking to pressing ctrl+alt+del, the screen won't react.If I wait for a long time sometime the...
  9. Windows lock screen/login screen freeze and sometimes BSOD "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lock screen/login screen freeze and sometimes BSOD "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE"...: Getting freezes where at the windows boot-up lock-screen or login screen if It doesn't freeze at the lockscreen simply won't respond to any of the inputs I give, key strokes, clicking to pressing ctrl+alt+del, the screen won't react.If I wait for a long time sometime the...
  10. Windows lock screen/login screen freeze and sometimes BSOD "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE"...