Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes at Login

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes at Login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i updated my PC from windows 7 to windows 10. Had an error but solved it by changing my default save dir to c drive again. After installation my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kirbyofdeath, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Windows 10 freezes at Login

So i updated my PC from windows 7 to windows 10. Had an error but solved it by changing my default save dir to c drive again. After installation my computer freezes either right after i enter my password (it just says welcome with the spinny circle forever) or it hits the desktop and loads my wallpaper but nothing else if i do cntr alt delete it opens up the menu but if i select task manager nothing happens and then i cant do cntr alt delete anymore. It works fine in safe mode. I have deleted all my drivers (graphics, ethernet, wifi, audio) removed all startup and even uninstalled some programs that start up and arnt on the task manager startup list. Sometimes after about 4-10 reboots ill get a good startup and can use my pc for as long as i want untill i shut it down and restart. Then the whole process starts over again. My build is intel i5, gigabyte g1 nvidia 970, 20gb ddr3 ram 1 ssd which has os and 2 hdds for data. Any help is appreciated.

:)

kirbyofdeath, Sep 2, 2015
  2. wog890 Win User

Windows 10 Free Upgrade Freezes at Login

Thank you for the response and info! I will look into this and see what I can do.

Update:

I have quite nervously updated my BIOS, which was version 5.6, to 5.7 (The latest version on the msi website for the H97 PC Mate motherboard as seen in the link below).

Support For H97 PC Mate | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI USA

I updated my chipset driver using MSI Live Update 6 and then tried to install Windows 10 again.

Once again it successfully went through every step, got to a login page, I type in my info, hit next and everything freezes as previously mentioned. (I will not go into as much detail in this issue, as it is exactly the same as the quoted text above.)

I restored my computer from a boot disk doubled checked that my bios was fully updated, checked to see if the chipset driver was fully updated and found that the live update does not have the latest version.

As seen in the link below, the MSI website for my motherboard shows a new chipset driver (for windows 7 64 bit) that was released on August 05, 2015.

Support For H97 PC Mate | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI USA

I updated the chipset driver again using those files. Made sure it installed properly and once again went through the download process again and ran into the exact same issue. At this point I am fairly pissed and beyond tired of dealing with this process.

I am going to try one more time, due to the fact that I did not use Vnodh.V's link to download Windows 10. I forgot that he posted it after the stress of flashing my BIOS and only remembered it while typing this. I will post again if that does or does not
    work and would like quick feedback on how to resolve this issue.

wog890, Sep 2, 2015
  3. wog890 Win User
    Windows 10 Free Upgrade Freezes at Login

Thank you for replying, but this is not possible with my issue. I found information instruction me to enter safe through the way you describe, but there is not power button on the sign in screen at this time for me. Only the next button in the lower right.
    Because of this, entering safe mode in this manner is impossible. (That I have been able to tell). I only mention this so that anyone with the same problem of me is also aware.

wog890, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes at Login

1. Windows 10 freezes at Login - Similar Threads - freezes Login

2. Win 10 freezes in normal mode after about 1 min after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 freezes in normal mode after about 1 min after login: I have 2 PC's Desktop and Laptop , laptop freezes after login desktop OK. I have disabled all startups and run spyware. Still freezes. What should I do?...
  3. Freezes after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezes after login: Every time I restart or shut down my computer, there is a chance where my computer freezes after I login. Also it attempts to update but it doesn’t even update anyways since I check the update history and it says it failed. So pretty much it resets twice. My desktop shows up...
  4. windows 10 screen freezes and stuck after 5 to 10 minutes of login to any user's account

windows 10 screen freezes and stuck after 5 to 10 minutes of login to any user's account: my pc have windows 10 proand when I login in my user account it' screen freezes after 5 to 10 minutes please reply and tell me the solution to solve it....
  5. windows 10 screen freeze after 5 to 10 minutes of login

windows 10 screen freeze after 5 to 10 minutes of login: How to fix it...? My pc have xeon precessor with nvidia quadro 4000 graphics card. when i login to anu user account after 5 to 10 min my screen stops and freezes. then i have to turn it off by pressing power button or by turning the power supply off. Please help what to...
  6. Freezing/Lagging My Login Page Windows 10

Freezing/Lagging My Login Page Windows 10: Hello, My windows is booting fine but when it is showing the lock screen or login page it's freezing the page. I can't see the login page or password bar where i usually put password and login. After few moment it shows the page. But another interesting thing there is two...
  7. New PC freezing on windows login screen.

New PC freezing on windows login screen.: 1 week old PC, was working fine then it froze and my monitor started flickering. Now when I loadup it freezes on the login screen, and the only thing to do is turn off the power. I can load into safe mode and i get a critical error DCOM Error code 10005 in the event viewer....
  8. Windows 10 Freezes up on login for particular user...

Windows 10 Freezes up on login for particular user...: Hello, Environment: Windows 10 Enterprise Issue Description:- One of our user came up with a issue whereas he logs in to the desktop remotely RDP client on MAC and within 5-10 mins the desktop freezes up and logs him out of the desktop with Black screen. Whereas I can...
  9. Laptop freezes on login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop freezes on login screen: My computer is Dell Inspiron 3537. After recent update of Windows 10 about two weeks ago I received a video card error on my laptop. It asked me to reboot. I rebooted the computer and it started freezing before login screen appears. Reboot in safe mode works. I did clean...
  10. Dell Computer Freezing and black screen while login after Windows update KB4523204 KB4523205

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Computer Freezing and black screen while login after Windows update KB4523204 KB4523205: Computers Keep freezing and too slow after windows update almost 5 Dell PC I received the same complaint today and one of them I uninstalled the update KB4523204 and it takes almost 3 hours because of slow and Disabled windows update in services.msc , others I can't uninstall...