Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes at startup after the update.

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes at startup after the update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the update, everything went well for a couple of days. Then, after booting and automatic updates, it freezes on login. It allows me to enter a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TylerWigfall568, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 freezes at startup after the update.

After the update, everything went well for a couple of days. Then, after booting and automatic updates, it freezes on login. It allows me to enter a password, but nothing after that. You cannot click the arrow to continue. I am not sure what to do

It was fine until it was updated. Windows 10

:)

TylerWigfall568, Dec 10, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 freezes at startup after the update.

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes at startup after the update.

1. Windows 10 freezes at startup after the update. - Similar Threads - freezes startup update

2. Windows 10 freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 freezes after startup: I had a windows update notification and let it do its thing. Upon restarting I noticed the startup was a little slower than usual, none of my desktop apps were appearing and the taskbar was empty. After waiting for about 30 seconds my desktop apps appear then disappear...
  3. Windows 10/11 freezes after update/startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 freezes after update/startup: I’ve been having some serious issue with windows updates. I’ve tried everything: updated drivers, updated motherboard bios, updated windows multiple times, clearing temp files, all the things in command prompt, tested RAM health, clean install of window’s multiple...
  4. Windows 10/11 freezes after update/startup

Windows 10/11 freezes after update/startup: I’ve been having some serious issue with windows updates. I’ve tried everything: updated drivers, updated motherboard bios, updated windows multiple times, clearing temp files, all the things in command prompt, tested RAM health, clean install of window’s multiple...
  5. Windows 10 freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes after startup: My problem started today. It appeared for the first time on a session which froze and gave me a weird blue screen not the blue screen of death. I turned it off long press on the power button of my laptop and restarted. It again gave me a weird freeze with change of display...
  6. Windows 10 freezes after startup

Windows 10 freezes after startup: My problem started today. It appeared for the first time on a session which froze and gave me a weird blue screen not the blue screen of death. I turned it off long press on the power button of my laptop and restarted. It again gave me a weird freeze with change of display...
  7. Windows 10 freezes after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. windows 10 freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 freezes after startup: There seems to have been a recent update which has resulted in a return of a previous problem of randowm freezes, especially shortly after start up. Any advice on how to fix it?...
  9. windows 10 freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 freezes after startup: Windows 10 Pro running on Dell 5810 desktop, as upgrade from windows 7 64B. Win vers.1909, build 18363.778 The problem: At startup, after regular boot and UAC completion I get a regular window with Fences correctly run and several start apps regularly run. But missing...
  10. windows 10 freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 freezes after startup: Windows 10 Pro running on Dell 5810 desktop, as upgrade from windows 7 64B. Win vers.1909, build 18363.778 The problem: At startup, after regular boot and UAC completion I get a regular window with Fences correctly run and several start apps regularly run. But missing...