Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezes before Install can finish

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezes before Install can finish in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, I recently purchased a new processor. I swapped them out today. When I went to boot afterwards, Windows just kept spinning. I decides to just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Beechwood.LLC, May 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Freezes before Install can finish

Hi All,

I recently purchased a new processor. I swapped them out today. When I went to boot afterwards, Windows just kept spinning. I decides to just do a fresh install of Windows 10 since I keep all my important files on an external drive. I reformatted the drive from the installer and proceeded with a Windows 10 Home install. To my surprise when it restarted, it froze on the Windows logo and the loading wheel. So I let it sit for half an hour, come back and it’s still frozen. I decide to reboot. Same thing. I decide to try again with another fresh install and the same issue occurs.

After 3 fresh installs, I decide to redownload Windows 10 to the flash drive I’m installing from. I figured it had to be an issue with the installer I downloaded. Nope! I still end up at the same screen. Windows logo and the loading wheel frozen half way spun.

I tried to boot in safe mode, but I can’t since the install hasn’t finished. I’ve removed my graphics card. Unplugged all USB connectors. Nothing seems to work. I don’t know what to do.

:)

Beechwood.LLC, May 26, 2020
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, May 26, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 26, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 Freezes before Install can finish

Delta6326, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Freezes before Install can finish

1. Windows 10 Freezes before Install can finish - Similar Threads - Freezes before Install

2. Windows 11 trying to install update but keeps restarting before it can finish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 trying to install update but keeps restarting before it can finish: Hey everyone. My laptop is trying to install 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5033375. However whenever I click to install the update my laptop keeps giving me a message that it will restart in five minutes. My laptop cannot...
  3. Windows 11 trying to install update but keeps restarting before it can finish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 trying to install update but keeps restarting before it can finish: Hey everyone. My laptop is trying to install 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5033375. However whenever I click to install the update my laptop keeps giving me a message that it will restart in five minutes. My laptop cannot...
  4. Windows 10 installation freezes after Windows logo disappears and before the language...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation freezes after Windows logo disappears and before the language...: Hi there,some history: I had a PC crash that lead to a non booting Windows. I made a ddrescue of the disc zero reading errors, all partitions ok, all files there. So: The operating system being not bootable, I wanted to start a repair session to apply chkdisk, fixboot via...
  5. windows did not finish upgrade before end of service

windows did not finish upgrade before end of service: my windows did not finish install before end of service and now it won't let me do anything with it. what can be done?any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
  6. File Explorer resets before I can finish renaming a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer resets before I can finish renaming a file: In my pictures folder I have a LOT of photos from 2006 forward put into folders by month. I am trying to add folders for recent months, which I am able to do. However when I try to rename the folder from "New Folder" to, say, "2017-07 Vacation" by the time I get to the "V" my...
  7. Trying to install Windows 10 but it freezes before the setup wizard

Trying to install Windows 10 but it freezes before the setup wizard: I just finished building my computer and I am trying to install Windows 10 onto it. I'm using a USB flash drive and I downloaded the ISO using the media creation tool via Microsoft's website and I created the install media using Rufus. When I plug my USB into the computer and...
  8. Some speech packages need to finish installing before I can help out.

in Cortana
    Some speech packages need to finish installing before I can help out.: I receive the following message when I try to use Cortana on Windows 10 Pro 1903 (Build 18362.113). My speech packages are already installed, but I receive this error nonetheless. Cortana was previously working just fine on my system. [ATTACH] If I click "Settings" above,...
  9. Computer won't fully update and freezes before it can finish updating

Computer won't fully update and freezes before it can finish updating: I recently built a new gaming computer. After I downloaded Windows 10, my computer started freezing randomly. After brief googling, I realized that I would need to update my drivers because the old versions of windows may have been causing it. Once I started updating it, I...
  10. Can not restart to finish Windows Update install

Can not restart to finish Windows Update install: As the picture shows, the restart for pending updates is not available. Can not manually restart the machine either, ( the changes won't apply) Any help is appreciated. I am in desperate right now, this thing is so annoying. \ [ATTACH]...