Windows 10: Windows 10 "Freezes" but i can still use loaded programs

Discus and support Windows 10 "Freezes" but i can still use loaded programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i have a very strange problem since a couple of weeks: Windows 10 "freezes" sometimes, but i can still move my mouse and can use loaded programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Philippe Krieger, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 "Freezes" but i can still use loaded programs

Hi,

i have a very strange problem since a couple of weeks:

Windows 10 "freezes" sometimes, but i can still move my mouse and can use loaded programs or open the task manager. I can even still use the web browser and can open websites with it.

But thats it, i cant start any programs anymore, programs for controlling the cpu fans i can hear the fans, because they are not running silent anymore for example are not working anymore and i cant open any windows related settings and so on.

Taskmanager shows 0% load on the cpu, gpu, harddrives and on every task that is running, the system timer which shows how long your system is already running just stands still.

I already tried a lot of things, memory test, updating all drivers even reinstalling etc.

When i look in the eventlogs, i cant find any logs for that time when it happens, it just says after the restart, that the system was not shutdown correctly, but at a time, where it was running fine. For example, windows freezes at 17:50 and the evetn log said 17:10

It happens very irregulary, sometimes 2-3 times a day, but i didnt had it for 3 weeks now, and it happend today again.

Can someone help me out here?

Greetings

:)

Philippe Krieger, Oct 5, 2020

2. Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading program list?!

Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading the program list (It never even starts displaying any programs) and I believe it may be that a uninstall program messed up completely and Windows can't figure out what programs are installed because of it. What is the problem? Please?

ventusignis, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 "Freezes" but i can still use loaded programs

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 "Freezes" but i can still use loaded programs

1. Windows 10 "Freezes" but i can still use loaded programs - Similar Threads - Freezes still loaded

2. Windows 10 freezing, but I can still interact with things?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing, but I can still interact with things?: So a couple of days ago, windows started to freeze after a couple minutes passed since log-in. When this happens, the taskbar freezes first but I can still move my mouse to click on things and open new windows. However, then any open programs would freeze. I can minimize them...
  3. Games freeze on Windows 10 but I can still hear sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games freeze on Windows 10 but I can still hear sound.: I have a Intel Core i7 9750h rtx 2060 laptop and whenever I open certain games like genshin impact or I use a emulator like cemu, they will work for 5 minutes and then crash. My temps are fine and Minecraft works fine for some reason. Can anyone help me? submitted by...
  4. Can I still use Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I still use Windows 7?: I know that Win7 has expired since 14.1.2020 with support, but I still want to know if you can still use it Writes good answers :-) LG I'm clearly out of updates. Kann man noch Windows 7 Benutzen?
  5. Do I still need an antivirus program when using Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I still need an antivirus program when using Windows 10?: I just saw an advertisement on television for an antivirus program. And I always thought you didn't need one these days. My Windows is constantly and automatically updated. Brauche ich bei Verwendung von Windows 10 noch ein Virenschutz-Programm?
  6. Can I still update Windows 10 if I use an OEM Key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I still update Windows 10 if I use an OEM Key?: Can I still update Windows 10 Pro 1909 to Windows 10 Pro 2004 using an OEM Key? It would be very appreciated if you would be able to help me :) submitted by /u/JerrycHDD [link] [comments]...
  7. How can I stop having Windows 10 ask me if I still want to use a default program?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stop having Windows 10 ask me if I still want to use a default program?: I accidentally clicked on the Help question mark in an explorer window, which brought up the help page in Edge. Now, not wanting anything to do with Edge, I checked to see if there was a way to change that, since Edge sure as hell isn't my default browser. Of course, I found...
  8. Still can not load windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still can not load windows 10 version 1809: I still can't load 2019-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4489899) - Error 0x8e5e0147. I have turned off my anti-virus with no results. Uninstalled anti-virus program still won't load. The update goes to 100% but then fails to load....
  9. Windows 10: Programs freeze/windows 10 freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Programs freeze/windows 10 freeze: Hi guys. I've had this problem since the start of February, where my google, Counterstrike:Global Offensive (Steam game) or many other programs would just freeze or, my windows would entirely freeze. Sometimes I would launch google and my google won't open, I would try to...
  10. Loading programs on Window 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loading programs on Window 10: I keep getting this when I try opening an app on windows 10 edge:  This page is having a problem loading We tried to load this page for you a few times, but there is still a problem with this site. We know you have better things to do than to watch this page reload over...