Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes during shutdown and sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes during shutdown and sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro. PROBLEM: After resume from sleep, the system failed to start and made a pop sound. After that the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AkritiGhosh, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Windows 10 freezes during shutdown and sleep

I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro.

PROBLEM: After resume from sleep, the system failed to start and made a pop sound. After that the system freezes whenever I try to shut it down or use sleep. The screen is off but the power & charge leds and fan is still on. It doesn't respond to any key or action. Restart works fine. I have to forcibly shut it by pressing the power key for ~10 secs. While using safe mode, it hangs on the shut down screen.

SOLUTIONS I TRIED:

1. Turn off Hybrid shut down
    2. Reset the Windows
    3. Update the system
    4. Update the drivers
    5. Made sure the "Allow driver to wake system" is unchecked
    6. Disabled start up services in safe mode.
    7. Changed the power plan Power Saver -> Balanced
    8. Removed Themes
    9. Restored power plan to default settings
    10. Command Prompt admin : sfc /scannow

None of these have worked.

:)

AkritiGhosh, Jul 31, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 Shutdown and sleep, IE keeps hanging

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your shutdown, sleep and IE issues, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to resolve the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Windows 10 Shutdown and sleep, IE keeps hanging

Thank you for the information you've provided.

In the meantime, we suggest installing all available Windows updates.

Note: Windows Updates will include the latest hardware driver, security, and features installation.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Jul 31, 2019
  4. tomseys Win User

Windows 10 freezes during shutdown and sleep

Windows 10 freezes after waking up from sleep

Trying Windows 10 again on my HP-15 laptop and I've noticed that when I put the laptop to sleep by pressing the power button (which I have set to sleep), when I wake it up by moving the mouse or pressing the keyboard it wakes and the desktop appears, but then a second later it freezes and i have to press control alt delete (which takes a minute to respond) and then press task manager to get out of it. When it freezes the mouse curses will show that circle thing and nothing works (whatever I click etc) though I can move the cursor around. If I try to sleep again after I break out of the freeze it works fine, I can wake and no freeze. But if I shutdown or restart the laptop the first time I make it sleep it freezes.

I've tried some things including rolling back the IME driver (which fixed a shutdown issue and is a recommended fix for hp laptops with shutdown/sleep issues), making sure I have all updates, that the keyboard and mouse have the wake up setting checked etc. Windows 8.1, which I upgraded from, worked perfectly with this. My roommate has same laptop and he has same exact issue.

Thanks for any suggestions.

tomseys, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes during shutdown and sleep

1. Windows 10 freezes during shutdown and sleep - Similar Threads - freezes during shutdown

2. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown during Sleep Mode: My pc started to behave erratically when putting into sleep mode and then once opened it was shutdown. I have under no circumstances no idea why is it doing that when putting in sleep, not shut down especially when away for a couple of hours like 5 hours for example. One day...
  3. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown during Sleep Mode: My pc started to behave erratically when putting into sleep mode and then once opened it was shutdown. I have under no circumstances no idea why is it doing that when putting in sleep, not shut down especially when away for a couple of hours like 5 hours for example. One day...
  4. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Powering off USB ports during shutdown / sleep mode Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powering off USB ports during shutdown / sleep mode Windows 10: I have RGB accessories tied in to my PC through USB ports, and when I put the computer to sleep or shut it down, these accessories stay lit. I've searched around and tried everything that I could find, but I'm not having any luck.Here is my motherboard: Z690 Phantom...
  6. Powering off USB ports during shutdown / sleep mode Windows 10

Powering off USB ports during shutdown / sleep mode Windows 10: I have RGB accessories tied in to my PC through USB ports, and when I put the computer to sleep or shut it down, these accessories stay lit. I've searched around and tried everything that I could find, but I'm not having any luck.Here is my motherboard: Z690 Phantom...
  7. Shutdown during update on windows 10

Shutdown during update on windows 10: My laptop accidentally shutdown by itself due to an electrical problem, even though my laptop is being updated like this picture. What will happen ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutdown-during-update-on-windows-10/22fdba57-2433-41f5-b995-c44069db321e
  8. Shutdown during update on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shutdown during update on windows 10: My laptop accidentally shutdown by itself due to an electrical problem, even though my laptop is being updated like this picture. What will happen ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutdown-during-update-on-windows-10/22fdba57-2433-41f5-b995-c44069db321e
  9. Windows 10, Sleep/Shutdown

Windows 10, Sleep/Shutdown: I recently changed from Windows 7, which I loved, to the evil Windows 10. Can anyone tell me how to put the system to sleep rather than shutdown. I do not see an option for sleep as with my Windows 7 version. If my new printer would work with Windows 7 I would change back...
  10. Abrupt shutdown during sleep mode and hibernation

Abrupt shutdown during sleep mode and hibernation: Hey champs, need your support to fix this annoying issue with my laptop. Abrupt shutdown happens while laptop is in sleep mode due to inactivity. It even happens at times when I press power button to hibernate. While laptop is being actively used no such issue occurs. Have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my hp 15 ra laptop freezes and goes to a blue screen then restart