Windows 10: windows 10 freezes - edge freezes-mouse and touch take 2-3 times to work

Discus and support windows 10 freezes - edge freezes-mouse and touch take 2-3 times to work in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; 1-What needs to be done to prevent Edge from freezing- unable to navigate, open tabs, etc. 2-using mouse takes 2-3 clicks, touchscreen also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by beverlyc, Jul 16, 2019.

1. beverlyc Win User

windows 10 freezes - edge freezes-mouse and touch take 2-3 times to work

1-What needs to be done to prevent Edge from freezing- unable to navigate, open tabs, etc.

2-using mouse takes 2-3 clicks, touchscreen also unresponsive-takes 2-3 tries.

3-Alt/ctl/del sometimes will not bring up task manager so I can end task.

4-Can I stay logged into OneDrive? When I boot up in the am it takes a while to connect -then starts to process changes.

:)

beverlyc, Jul 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 fully updated. Mouse freezes now and then.

UPDATE: Mouse is freezing.

ONLY G400.

other mice working goood.

de.das.dude, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 fully updated. Mouse freezes now and then.

Sooooo replace mouse?

Frick, Jul 16, 2019
  4. windows 10 freezes - edge freezes-mouse and touch take 2-3 times to work

Mouse momentarily freezes since Windows 10 Creator edition was installed

Thank you for your response. When I select "Let me pick from a list of device on my computer" I get 2 options:

HID-Compliant device

HID-Compliant Mouse

I select "HID-Compliant Mouse" followed by the "Next" button.

The message "Windows has successfully updated your drivers" is displayed. I did not get a list of drivers to choose from.

This did not resolve the problem.

I have made a further observation as follows:

When the system is searching for drivers there is a green progress bar moves across the screen. This progress bar is also freezing at the same time that the mouse is freezing. Does this suggest that it is a display issue rather than a mouse issue?

I have also timed the freezing and it is occurring for about 1/2 a second every 2 seconds rather than that originally stated above.

richardstreet1, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 freezes - edge freezes-mouse and touch take 2-3 times to work

1. windows 10 freezes - edge freezes-mouse and touch take 2-3 times to work - Similar Threads - freezes edge freezes

2. Pause/Freeze time on windows 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pause/Freeze time on windows 10...: How to pause/freeze windows 10 time....for eg: I need the time and date to be frozen at August 15 12:00:00....The time should not move ...Is there any script or settings?...
  3. mouse pointer freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse pointer freezing: For the past few days, my mouse pointer has been randomly freezing, I have restarted, changed mice, etc to no avail. Windows 10 Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-freezing/eb39e85b-f35a-4403-9951-413271fb3574
  4. Mouse freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse freezes: Mouse freezes & had to turn the laptop off then on to get back to normal use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-freezes/3b20ee5f-c48e-46a6-8c5e-894f0bceca3c
  5. Mouse Freezes after some time.

Mouse Freezes after some time.: My mouse(Dell) stops working after some time until i restart my laptop.It shows light but won't move and it happens every time and I really need someone help to fix this. Mouse works fine with other devices. Things I have tried. 1. Device manager > Uninstall HiD compliant...
  6. Computer and mouse freezes all the time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer and mouse freezes all the time: Update on November 16 2018. Computer and mouse freezes all the time. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update/b385a6c2-4ea6-47c3-9186-d9f511014b91
  7. mouse freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse freezing: Ive tried reinstalling drivers, disabling USB selective suspend, trouble shooting. non of this has seemed to work. The mouse cursor seems to have a small radius around it where it wont freeze but once you go over the threshold it will momentarily freeze then the new radius...
  8. mouse freezing

mouse freezing: Why is my mouse freezing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-freezing/771686c4-97e8-4ee9-a476-80590aef1c64
  9. Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time: Hey peeps! I'm helping a friend update her HP laptop (15-n204eo) to Win10 from 8. Problem is that after the update, the computer freezes every 1-2 seconds for 1-2 seconds. It is constant and never stops. Drivers are up to date and so it Windows itself. I've tried a...
  10. Freeze with mouse activity

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze with mouse activity: Hello everyone, I am new to windows 10 and something is happening I don't understand. I just built this rig yesterday and it has been freezing up often. I still have mouse control but lose everything else. I have reinstalled the os 3 times and all my drivers are up to date. I...