Windows 10: windows 10 freezes - edge freezes-mouse and touch take 2-3 times to work

Discus and support windows 10 freezes - edge freezes-mouse and touch take 2-3 times to work in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; 1-What needs to be done to prevent Edge from freezing- unable to navigate, open tabs, etc. 2-using mouse takes 2-3 clicks, touchscreen also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by beverlyc, Jul 16, 2019.

1. beverlyc Win User

windows 10 freezes - edge freezes-mouse and touch take 2-3 times to work

1-What needs to be done to prevent Edge from freezing- unable to navigate, open tabs, etc.

2-using mouse takes 2-3 clicks, touchscreen also unresponsive-takes 2-3 tries.

3-Alt/ctl/del sometimes will not bring up task manager so I can end task.

4-Can I stay logged into OneDrive? When I boot up in the am it takes a while to connect -then starts to process changes.

:)

beverlyc, Jul 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 fully updated. Mouse freezes now and then.

UPDATE: Mouse is freezing.

ONLY G400.

other mice working goood.

de.das.dude, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 fully updated. Mouse freezes now and then.

Sooooo replace mouse?

Frick, Jul 16, 2019
  4. windows 10 freezes - edge freezes-mouse and touch take 2-3 times to work

Mouse momentarily freezes since Windows 10 Creator edition was installed

Thank you for your response. When I select "Let me pick from a list of device on my computer" I get 2 options:

HID-Compliant device

HID-Compliant Mouse

I select "HID-Compliant Mouse" followed by the "Next" button.

The message "Windows has successfully updated your drivers" is displayed. I did not get a list of drivers to choose from.

This did not resolve the problem.

I have made a further observation as follows:

When the system is searching for drivers there is a green progress bar moves across the screen. This progress bar is also freezing at the same time that the mouse is freezing. Does this suggest that it is a display issue rather than a mouse issue?

I have also timed the freezing and it is occurring for about 1/2 a second every 2 seconds rather than that originally stated above.

richardstreet1, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 freezes - edge freezes-mouse and touch take 2-3 times to work

1. windows 10 freezes - edge freezes-mouse and touch take 2-3 times to work - Similar Threads - freezes edge freezes

2. Mouse and keyboard freezing after 2-3 seconds of rest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard freezing after 2-3 seconds of rest: In this morning I noticed that when I stay 2-3 seconds without using the mouse or keyboard they freeze for 5 seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-keyboard-freezing-after-2-3-seconds-of/56f079f9-c29e-4fd1-90d1-cf49726508ad
  3. Mouse and keyboard freezing after 2-3 seconds of rest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard freezing after 2-3 seconds of rest: In this morning I noticed that when I stay 2-3 seconds without using the mouse or keyboard they freeze for 5 seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-keyboard-freezing-after-2-3-seconds-of/56f079f9-c29e-4fd1-90d1-cf49726508ad
  4. Mouse and keyboard freezing after 2-3 seconds of rest

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows randomly freezes, but the mouse works for some time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly freezes, but the mouse works for some time: Hey guys...I have a Dell G3 3579 with the following specifications:Intel Core i5-8300H CPU16 GB RAM 8+8Nvidia GTX 1050 4 GB GPULexar M.2 2280 NM100 SSD 512 GBWindows 11Now, I've been experiencing this issue for a month now. There is a random freeze which occurs anytime. Like,...
  6. Windows randomly freezes, but the mouse works for some time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly freezes, but the mouse works for some time: Hey guys...I have a Dell G3 3579 with the following specifications:Intel Core i5-8300H CPU16 GB RAM 8+8Nvidia GTX 1050 4 GB GPULexar M.2 2280 NM100 SSD 512 GBWindows 11Now, I've been experiencing this issue for a month now. There is a random freeze which occurs anytime. Like,...
  7. Win 10 freezes at boot, 2-3 secs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 freezes at boot, 2-3 secs: My PC freezes att boot 2-3 secs into it using disk or usb-disk. Yes even using av usb disk (checked that it works on another computer). I can get to the UEFI BIOS Utility, choose uefi or bios for the USB no matter what i choose the system freezes. What can I do? submitted by...
  8. Computer freezes for 2-3 seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer freezes for 2-3 seconds: Hello Everyone, My computer freezes for 2-3 seconds from time to time, then it goes on working normally. This is quite annoying. The computer is just a few days old! Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thanks in advance. 161752
  9. Microsoft mouse freezes, then works, then freezes...repeat...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft mouse freezes, then works, then freezes...repeat...: Intermittently, my Microsoft mouse goes on the blink. It will be working fine and then it freezes for a second or two, then it will work for a second, then freezes. This continues for quite a while and is very frustrating. Then everything works fine for weeks, then it...
  10. Windows 10 Freezes But Mouse Works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezes But Mouse Works: Hi, First thing first I'm not a windows fan I never was (XP was pretty great though but every version after that felt like cr*p it's like MS wanted to make good money after XP instead of software) well anyways so I bought a HP Probook 6460b "Used" a few weeks ago. [ATTACH]...