Windows 10: WIndows 10 freezes even in Clean Boot

Discus and support WIndows 10 freezes even in Clean Boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, this is kinda my last resort. Im experiencing issues for weeks now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LukasSpa, Jan 26, 2021.

1. LukasSpa Win User

WIndows 10 freezes even in Clean Boot

Hey guys,

this is kinda my last resort. Im experiencing issues for weeks now.

HARDWARE:

GPU: MSI GTX 1660 Gaming X - 6GB - PCIe

Mainboard: Asus Rog Maximus

CPU: Intel i7 8700K 3,7GHz Coffee Lake - 12 Kerne

Watercooler: NZXT Kraken X62
    Power: 750W Seasonic Prime Ultra 80 Plus Gold

RAM DDR4: GSkill Tridenz 16GB 2 x 8 GB 3000Mhz

SSD 1: M2 NVMe Samsung 970 EVO 500GB WIndows

SSD 2: Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

It all started with numerous BSODs Windows Kernel-Power 41. It was impossible to create memorydump files, even after adjusting dump settings multiple times. Apparently the PC crashed too fast to even create dump files. THis is what I tried:

• Updated Drivers for CPU,GPU,BIOS
    • Updated BIOS
    • Ran Memtest and every other diagnostic tool out there without finding anything including chkdsk and sfc scan commandlines
    • Re-installed windows 10 clean
    • Set RAM from AUTO to constant 2133mhz
    • Then I updated newest Firmware for the Samsung SSD WIndows runs on.... BLUESCREENS stopped. DID NOT HAVE ONE SINCE.

But now, Windows just freezes as soon as im playing a game or run a comparably demanding task. The freezes are kind of strange, too. I can still click some stuff, but I cant open new tasks, and the ones that are open freeze completely some seconds later. I have to force a shutdown in that case.

• I ran Samsungs MAGICIAN tool optimize and repair SSDs
    • ran Windows in CLEAN BOOT THIS-> Still freezing. So third party drivers cant be the issue.

[COLOR=rgba215, 57, 0, 1]This is where I stand. Im currently running a Windows ISO file to redo the last windows Update.[/COLOR]

Maybe someone here is able to help me out. I am not an expert by any means. I just worked my way through google, searching for similar Problems so far. I would appreciate any suggestions or solutions.

Greetings,

LUKAS

P.S: if something is noch explained properly or difficult to understand, im sorry. English is not my first language. :-

:)

LukasSpa, Jan 26, 2021

2. System freezes at the desktop even after performing clean installation of Windows 10

Hi Peter,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us with additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Which is the current version of Windows 10 installed on your computer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the system freezes?
    • Does the same issue persists while booting the system in Safe mode with networking?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows Updates and drivers after performing clean installation?

To identify the issue, try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Now to troubleshoot on it, after the computer boots, I suggest you to check the performance of the system in Safe Mode.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to test the issue by placing the computer in a Clean Boot state helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with
    Clean Boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General
      tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of system freeze after reboot for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue WIndows 10 freezes even in Clean Boot :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Jan 26, 2021
  4. WIndows 10 freezes even in Clean Boot

Windows 10 freezes

Hi Joshua,

• How are you trying to watch the videos? Which browser are you using?

• Which games are you referring to?
    There might be some third party application that is freezing your computer, I suggest you to place the computer in clean boot and check.
    Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

SujataMoktan, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

WIndows 10 freezes even in Clean Boot

1. WIndows 10 freezes even in Clean Boot - Similar Threads - freezes Clean Boot

2. Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad E560 laptop with an Intel Core i7-6500 processor and 16GB of RAM. All I remember is that I attempted to install an AMD graphics driver along with an update. Following this, the laptop suddenly froze and now consistently freezes at the Windows logo...
  3. Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad E560 laptop with an Intel Core i7-6500 processor and 16GB of RAM. All I remember is that I attempted to install an AMD graphics driver along with an update. Following this, the laptop suddenly froze and now consistently freezes at the Windows logo...
  4. Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10/11 freezes on boot even after reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10/11 freezes on boot even after reinstallation.: I have a Ryzen 5 3500U with 32G of ram and no matter how much I reinstall windows, tried both versions it freezes on boot. I'm currently running Manjaro and I've tried many other Linux distributions which work perfectly, but windows seems to always freeze no matter how much I...
  6. Windows 10/11 freezes on boot even after reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 freezes on boot even after reinstallation.: I have a Ryzen 5 3500U with 32G of ram and no matter how much I reinstall windows, tried both versions it freezes on boot. I'm currently running Manjaro and I've tried many other Linux distributions which work perfectly, but windows seems to always freeze no matter how much I...
  7. Windows 10/11 freezes on boot even after reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 still freezing even after clean installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 still freezing even after clean installation: I have a Asus Vivobook X510UF laptop. I have below configurations - Windos 10 Home Single Language Version 1909, OS Build 18363.836 Core i5 8th Generation @1.6GHz 12 GB RAM 16 GB Optane Module 1 TB HDD The laptop was working fine, smooth, and fast until last month. It...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot after freezing up and clean shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't boot after freezing up and clean shutdown: My mom's computer suddenly won't boot. The system continually goes into the automatic repair process on boot, does a diagnostic gets a stop code of 0000011a or 0000021a , can't fix what ever it has detected then displays the shutdown option or Advanced option. In the...
  10. Windows 10 Freezing and now even freezing on boot up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Freezing and now even freezing on boot up.: So I've recently bought a gaming package which had pre picked pc products to be built for me, as I do not know much about computers. This came with windows 8.1 pre installed. After having the pc for about a week it asked me if i wanted to upgrade to windows 10 for free,...