Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezes Frequently

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezes Frequently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Home Build 10240 and the last few weeks have been experiencing a lot of freezing. I haven't installed anything that would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ojones, Oct 30, 2015.

1. ojones Win User

Windows 10 Freezes Frequently

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 Home Build 10240 and the last few weeks have been experiencing a lot of freezing. I haven't installed anything that would account for this. I ran Driver Verifier and selected two Realtek drivers. This sent the computer into a boot loop which I could only get out of using a restore point (the command verifier /reset didn't work).
    I got the same story when I selected the Gear driver gearaspiwdm.sys.

I tried removing the realtek driver but Windows automatically re-installs it on reboot. I tried updating the driver through the Realtek website but my computer freezes during the update process.

I've run chkdsk /r on the hard drive but haven't found any problems. SMART says everything is okay as well. There's nothing in the event viewer that helps. Crashes aren't being reported to minidump either.

Any suggestions?

:)

ojones, Oct 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 Freezes...

Windows 10 freezes quite frequently... Upgraded from windows 7 home premium 64 bit yesterday and nothing used to freeze there just nothing... But here even when chatting in skype windows freezes for
    about 1 minute and is really pissing me off...

ronny acevedo acosta, Oct 30, 2015
  3. what to do when after Windows 10 Upgrade the computer freezes suddenly?

Hi,

Since the upgrade to Windows 10, while working on the computer, it suddenly and frequently freezes up.

Thanks for helping me solve this problem.

EGW

Edda Geisinger Wilkinson, Oct 30, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Freezes Frequently

1. Windows 10 Freezes Frequently - Similar Threads - Freezes Frequently

2. Frequent freezes of 5-10 seconds in any video-conference app Zoom, Teams, GoogleMeet, WhatsApp.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent freezes of 5-10 seconds in any video-conference app Zoom, Teams, GoogleMeet, WhatsApp.: I use video-conferencing a lot, primarily Zoom, but also Teams, WhatsApp, and Google Meet. All have a similar symptoms of 5-10 second freezes sometimes longer on intervals as short as 5 minutes, sometimes 10-15 minutes. I started running Task Manager / Resource Monitor on my...
  3. Frequent freezes of 5-10 seconds in any video-conference app Zoom, Teams, GoogleMeet, WhatsApp.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent freezes of 5-10 seconds in any video-conference app Zoom, Teams, GoogleMeet, WhatsApp.: I use video-conferencing a lot, primarily Zoom, but also Teams, WhatsApp, and Google Meet. All have a similar symptoms of 5-10 second freezes sometimes longer on intervals as short as 5 minutes, sometimes 10-15 minutes. I started running Task Manager / Resource Monitor on my...
  4. PC keeps blue screening or freezing, most frequently on startup.

PC keeps blue screening or freezing, most frequently on startup.: So recently in the last month or so my pc keeps getting blue screen'd or freezes randomly, usually right after I boot it up and I have no idea what's going on.I looked up any solutions to the BSOD codes I've got and most of them said that it's because of my drivers.So I tried...
  5. PC keeps blue screening or freezing, most frequently on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps blue screening or freezing, most frequently on startup.: So recently in the last month or so my pc keeps getting blue screen'd or freezes randomly, usually right after I boot it up and I have no idea what's going on.I looked up any solutions to the BSOD codes I've got and most of them said that it's because of my drivers.So I tried...
  6. My laptop frequently freezed and then shutted down automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop frequently freezed and then shutted down automatically: I don't know what caused this, but my laptop is ALMOST UNUSABLE now. This problem occured almost every 3 hours. And the windows RARELY create a minidump after the freeze.But, here is 2 recent minidump that luckily...
  7. My laptop frequently freezed and then shutted down automatically

My laptop frequently freezed and then shutted down automatically: I don't know what caused this, but my laptop is ALMOST UNUSABLE now. This problem occured almost every 3 hours. And the windows RARELY create a minidump after the freeze.But, here is 2 recent minidump that luckily...
  8. My laptop frequently freezed and then shutted down automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart: Two behaviors are happening - sometimes I will get a BSOD. Most of the time my BSOD will say the error as dpc_watchdog_violation. Other times, my computer will be in sleep mode, and I will move the mouse/hit some keys on the keyboard to wake it up and nothing will happen. I...
  10. Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart

Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart: Two behaviors are happening - sometimes I will get a BSOD. Most of the time my BSOD will say the error as dpc_watchdog_violation. Other times, my computer will be in sleep mode, and I will move the mouse/hit some keys on the keyboard to wake it up and nothing will happen. I...