Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes immediately after install

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes immediately after install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I hate asking for help but I’m stumped. I bought two Dell Precision m2800 i7 laptops. Both came with 256gb ssds. I replaced those with a 500gb and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mudgts, Feb 28, 2021.

1. /u/mudgts Win User

Windows 10 freezes immediately after install

I hate asking for help but I’m stumped. I bought two Dell Precision m2800 i7 laptops. Both came with 256gb ssds. I replaced those with a 500gb and a 1TB ssd and then installed windows 10 pro from a USB stick. Both machines froze immediately after full installation and upon reboot would freeze at the login screen. I then tried installing on the 256gb drive and got the same response. I tried swapping the disks between them with no difference. Then I installed Ubuntu and both worked fine. My next step is to redownload the iso and put it on a new USB stick but it was working fine sand I can’t see that being the issue. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/mudgts
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mudgts, Feb 28, 2021
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Feb 28, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 freezes immediately after install - Similar Threads - freezes immediately install

2. Random Freezes after installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Freezes after installing Windows 10: I finally decided to upgrade my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. During installation I had multiple instances where it froze on me. After a lot of trouble I managed to finish installation I can use my PC for a couple minutes to an hour before it crashes, these aren't blue...
  3. Windows 10 Freezes after fresh installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Freezes after fresh installation: Hi, I am having issues with a fresh install of Windows 10 20H2 on a new computer. I download the iso from Azure portal, then putting it into a usb with rufus. After the installation, the pc reboot. On the first screen some prints appears like preparing devices and so on...
  4. Installing Windows 10 on new self built PC, freezes immediately on blue logo

Installing Windows 10 on new self built PC, freezes immediately on blue logo: I just built a new desktop pc myself not my first one. When trying to install windows 10 from a bootable USB drive the installation/loading freezes right after starting at the blue logo. I tried different USB drives to make sure that wasn't the problem, also I tried...
  5. BSOD immediately after windows 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD immediately after windows 10 install: Hello all, For the past week I've been fighting with my fresh windows 10 install that I did last sunday trying to figure out why it's blue screening so much. I have seen a wide varity from driver_irql_not_less_than_or_equal, kernel_security_check_failure and a few more that...
  6. Windows 10 freezing after install

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezing after install: I just updated from windows 7 to 10 and now my pc won't recognize my USB devices in order to finish the installation 156926
  7. Windows 10 Freezing then immediately restarting. No BSOD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Freezing then immediately restarting. No BSOD.: This just started recently, maybe a month ago. I just got this PC last Black Friday. It has Windows 10 version 1809 installed. When I'm playing a game it will randomly freeze, my speakers make a buzzing sound for 2-3 seconds, then the PC restarts with no blue screen of death....
  8. Windows 10 freezing after fresh install

Windows 10 freezing after fresh install: Hello, I built a PC recently, and it is currently running well on a mechanical hard-drive. Last night I attempted to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on an SSD, but the PC is now freezing regularly. Sometimes the PC restarts itself after the cursor becomes unresponsive....
  9. Windows 10 freezing after clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing after clean install: Hi, my computer keeps freezing even after a clean install on a SSD drive, mainly while using the edge browser. I did a full reset and still it froze while watching Mission Impossible trailer. nb. I have no third party software installed. The system a simple standard...
  10. Computer freezes if not in immediate use

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes if not in immediate use: My computer runs perfectly fine if I'm at the helm and typing, or doing anything basically. But if I leave my computer, watch tv for 5-10 minutes and come back it's frozen... well, not exactly frozen, but it takes minutes for even the windows bar to load. Every action...