Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezes into colourful screen then crashes

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezes into colourful screen then crashes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A couple months ago my computer started freezing maybe once a day. Ever since then they become more frequent and now it occurs almost every 30 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by QcyMichael, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Freezes into colourful screen then crashes

A couple months ago my computer started freezing maybe once a day. Ever since then they become more frequent and now it occurs almost every 30 minutes to an hour and its very frustrating. Windows 10 Freezes into colourful screen then crashes [​IMG]The screen freezes and mismatched colours appear on rhe screen and then usually results in a crash or very rarely just closes whatever application I am using after like 30 seconds. I cant seem to find anything like this problem, any help would be great.

:)

QcyMichael, Nov 10, 2018

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Nov 10, 2018
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Nick259 Win User

Windows 10 Freezes into colourful screen then crashes

Friends computer freezing at windows loading screen

Ok my friend is having problems with his computer right now. Basically it crashed on the windows loading screen. This is what he told me on MSN.

Now i'm not too sure what the problem is. I suggested doing a repair install with the xp disk (i'll be giving him that tomorrow) but in the mean time do any of you have any ideas?

Nick259, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Freezes into colourful screen then crashes

1. Windows 10 Freezes into colourful screen then crashes - Similar Threads - Freezes colourful screen

2. Screen turns X colour, and pc crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen turns X colour, and pc crashes: Hi,don't really know since when , but my screen turns X colour and then my PC stays like that until reboot . It can be multiple times in a row sometimes crash, reset, crash, reset, crash, reset, works normally. I don't really have that much more information about the issue ,...
  3. Screen turns X colour, and pc crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen turns X colour, and pc crashes: Hi,don't really know since when , but my screen turns X colour and then my PC stays like that until reboot . It can be multiple times in a row sometimes crash, reset, crash, reset, crash, reset, works normally. I don't really have that much more information about the issue ,...
  4. Screen turns X colour, and pc crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Green screen and windows 10 colours

in Windows 10 Customization
    Green screen and windows 10 colours: I have spent hours trying to get rid of a green screen and to understand how Windows 10 colours work Is is to do with the graphics card NVIDIA? Just windows? My monitor, a Sony KD-48A9? Is there a book I can read that explains who it'll work? I use MS Flying sim 2020 and...
  6. screen colour

screen colour: My screen in Windows 10 is a lurid pink in colour. I don't know how it got that way. I want it back to greyscale, and have followed all the instructions I can find online including removing colour filters and ensuring greyscale is set without being able to remove the pink....
  7. screen colour

screen colour: my screen colours are very dull - how can I correct this. Tried a few things but cant get it right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-colour/faed0f9d-00a6-4526-a6ac-31dd2ff631e0
  8. Screen colour

Screen colour: I use my Dell G3 15 for Photography... I have found that when I post photos on my facebook page the red is prominent when looking on my S8 mobile but not on my laptop screen... How can I change my screen so it represents how the photos actually look... Ive tried calibrating...
  9. screen colour

screen colour: i have a notebook asus f556u with lastest version of windows 10, my monitor is perfectly calibrated because i'm a digital illustrator. some windows update ago, when i start my monitor, after some time like 10 minutes, the color of my screen change in a blue tint. example a...
  10. Random crashing to every kind of colour screen

Random crashing to every kind of colour screen: Hi guys I'm in desperate need of help! I recently got a new GPU and after I installed it everything was fine for a few days and then my system stability went down the loo when gaming. Now when I launch a game it is only a matter of time until I soft crash to a random block...