Windows 10: Windows 10 Freezes, Mouse moves but can't select or click anything. Keyboard also does not work

Discus and support Windows 10 Freezes, Mouse moves but can't select or click anything. Keyboard also does not work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear friends, I have Windows 10 Pro, SSD128 GB, RAM 8GB VGA NVIDIA 1050Ti 4GB HDD 1TB CPU Core i7 8750 My laptop freezes using the internet. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SahiruDilan, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Freezes, Mouse moves but can't select or click anything. Keyboard also does not work

Dear friends,

I have Windows 10 Pro,

SSD128 GB, RAM 8GB

VGA NVIDIA 1050Ti 4GB
    HDD 1TB
    CPU Core i7 8750

My laptop freezes using the internet. I used Chrome and Edge. Both did the same.
    In the freeze the mouse moves. But I can not click anything.
    Even the keyboard does not work. I tried CTRL ALT DEL but it did not work.
    I had the latest updates too. I uninstalled the latest update and tried again. The same happened.

Please help

:)

SahiruDilan, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Vanion Win User

Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

Its a new build i was trying to install my windows os

Thanks for your help my PS keyboard is working unfortunately my usb mouse/keyboard still do not work even after having my OS installed. How would i go about selecting to load the driver packages?

Vanion, Jun 13, 2020
  3. lonewolf Win User
    Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

I have had this issue before luckily I have and old PS keyboard and mouse to use until windows loads. What version of windows are you trying to load? Like suggested make sure you have usb support on in the bios and you select to load the driver packages in memory when loading windws

lonewolf, Jun 13, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Windows 10 Freezes, Mouse moves but can't select or click anything. Keyboard also does not work

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Freezes, Mouse moves but can't select or click anything. Keyboard also does not work

1. Windows 10 Freezes, Mouse moves but can't select or click anything. Keyboard also does not work - Similar Threads - Freezes Mouse moves

2. Computer freezing, can still move my mouse but can't click anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing, can still move my mouse but can't click anything.: Today, I was on Discord and playing The Sims 4 at the same time. My computer was behaving fine until I went to click the minimize button on Discord, then I heard a Windows error sound and my entire computer froze. I was really confused and then tried to move the mouse, and it...
  3. Computer freezing, can still move my mouse but can't click anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezing, can still move my mouse but can't click anything.: Today, I was on Discord and playing The Sims 4 at the same time. My computer was behaving fine until I went to click the minimize button on Discord, then I heard a Windows error sound and my entire computer froze. I was really confused and then tried to move the mouse, and it...
  4. Computer freezing, can still move my mouse but can't click anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My mouse just run for 5,6 clicks and then cursor moves but can't click anything and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse just run for 5,6 clicks and then cursor moves but can't click anything and...: My pc supports windows xp professional, and I'm getting a notification like "Windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconveniences." And when I'm trying to fix it my mouse and keyboard just run for 5,6 times then i can move my...
  6. My mouse just run for 5,6 clicks and then cursor moves but can't click anything and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse just run for 5,6 clicks and then cursor moves but can't click anything and...: My pc supports windows xp professional, and I'm getting a notification like "Windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconveniences." And when I'm trying to fix it my mouse and keyboard just run for 5,6 times then i can move my...
  7. Mouse focuses on one window, does not switch. Also middle mouse click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse focuses on one window, does not switch. Also middle mouse click not working: Hello,I've had this weird problem for weeks now. My mouse, seemingly at random, doesn't focus the window I click on but instead returns to focus that which was in focus when it the problem started. For example: I'm in browser window A but when i click on browser window B, it...
  8. Mouse moves but cant click anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse moves but cant click anything.: Hi, I am experiencing an issue where sometimes I cannot click anything, CTRL+ ALT+ DELETE takes 2 seconds to load, then it seems to snap out of whatever funk it was in. I have already tried sfc scannow, but the problem still persists. Please help me find a permanent fix for...
  9. Windows 10 freezes up not responding mouse still moves but cannot click on anything,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezes up not responding mouse still moves but cannot click on anything,...: Please help, its been happening quite often and its really fustrating. The entire system locks up and stays with a spinning blue circle after a while. The keyboard doesnt respond either so I cant bring up the task manager but even if I do I cant click on anything and always...
  10. Windows 10 Mouse issue (can move mouse but cannot click anything)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Mouse issue (can move mouse but cannot click anything): Hello, I want to preface by saying this is now the second time (and second account - will get to that later) that this has happened. This morning, I go to wake up my computer from sleep (Windows 10, now with Anniversary update) and it seemingly crashes and restarts....