Windows 10: Windows 10 freezes on boot after update

Discus and support Windows 10 freezes on boot after update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had just updated Windows 10 the other day. It was working fine the next day, which also happened to be the day I upgraded my processor, ram, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Scraskin, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 freezes on boot after update

I had just updated Windows 10 the other day. It was working fine the next day, which also happened to be the day I upgraded my processor, ram, and mobo. The computer is fine so I don’t think it’s a problem with the upgrades and I’m able to enter the BIOS just fine, but I thought I’d mention it here anyways.

So after installing the parts, I went to turn on my computer and after getting through the mobo manufacturer logo, I got to the windows logo. The dots spun for a couple seconds and then froze, and nothing would happen unless I shut off my computer. Shutting it off and going through the same process lead to the windows logo screen again, but this time with the message “loading automatic repair” or something like that. However, this would freeze after a couple seconds too.

I then tried mounting a windows disc image to a usb thumb drive I had laying around from my old MacBook Air (the only other computer I have available to me) and booting windows from that, but after passing the manufacturer logo I get a blank screen with a flashing white line at the top left.

If anyone could help me figure out what to do, it would be much appreciated.

Edit: Formatting

submitted by /u/Scraskin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Scraskin, Nov 7, 2019

2. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 freezes on boot after update :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Nov 7, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 freezes on boot after update

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 freezes on boot after update

1. Windows 10 freezes on boot after update - Similar Threads - freezes boot update

2. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  3. Windows 10 freezes after update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes after update.: In the past 6 days, Windows comes freezing after installing an update I don't remember when it comes, but not the same day as it started freezing, but came before 31/12. Symptoms: Windows randomly freezes, goes black screen, sometimes works keyboard and audio, sometimes...
  4. Windows 10 Freezes After Update

Windows 10 Freezes After Update: Am using toshiba satellite c675d-s7101, upgraded from windows 8, i use it normally but after i update the windows 10 suddenly started freezing i Can Use It Without Windows Update But It Started After Uodating The Drives, Have Unistalled It Several Times Still Giving The Same...
  5. Mouse will freeze after Windows 10 booting

Mouse will freeze after Windows 10 booting: Windows 10 boots from SSD resulting in freezing the mouse. While booting, I enter PIN then desktop shows up and 5 seconds later the mouse freezes. I resolve this problem only by plugging - unplugging the USB...
  6. Windows 10 freezes after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezes after Update: So I've just updated and restarted my pc bht after booting I got a screen that said 35% installed, please wait. After restarting it a couple of times and trying to boot into safe mode it now gets stuck in the login screen. I could not get past the login screen. This isnt the...
  7. Unable to update Windows 10 to v1809. Freezing at boot after reboot.

Unable to update Windows 10 to v1809. Freezing at boot after reboot.: I am not being able to update my windows 10 device. After all the update files downloaded, I restarted the system (2 times). But it freezes at a boot screen like the image. It doesn't boot up. Even the keyboard isn't working at this time. And after I force shutdown using...
  8. windows 10 freezes after boot

windows 10 freezes after boot: Hello, my laptop keeps freezing after booting up, and doesn't respond to any keyboard or mouse commands. I can't enter safe mode since power button is missing from login screen. Is there any other way to enter safe mode or restore windows while it's booting? this problem...
  9. Unable to update Windows 10 to v1809. Freezing at boot after reboot.

Unable to update Windows 10 to v1809. Freezing at boot after reboot.: I am not being able to update my windows 10 device. After all the update files downloaded, I restarted the system (2 times). But it freezes at a boot screen like the image. It doesn't boot up. Even the keyboard isn't working at this time. And after I force shutdown using...
  10. Windows 10 freezing after update

Windows 10 freezing after update: My computer keeps freezing after the update that came out in April. My computer updated back in April when it came out and the freezing started so I rolled back to the last update and I no longer had the problem but now the update was force pushed out a couple days ago and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Booting my computer &it freezes out on default

2. which date will windows 10 stop booting after update